Okay, I'm Stumped? Topic

Gentlemen (and ladies), I've played this game for a long, long time and during that time I've seen some real odd things happen. But this one has me stumped. Can anyone explain to me how the PG on D2 Barry in Tark can score at all, let alone almost 14 points a game? Yes, his athleticism is off the charts, especially for D2, but his LP is a remarkably high TWO and his Per is a whopping THREE. This guy shouldn't be able to hit a bull's *** with a handful of sand, yet somehow he's averaging over double figures with a not-so-bad FG%. Of course, all the FTA are helping him out a lot but when he tries to take a shot and doesn't get fouled, well, refer back to the bull's *** cliche. How, gentlemen, how?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12325

I'm not sure how to do the whole direct link thing, but the above is his team ID. Anyone have ANY suggestions besides the points from the FT line? I'm talking FG's here. How? Yes, I realize that he can get lay-ups off steals also. But he's taking more shots than just lay-ups and free throws people.

And without getting all "conspiracy theory-ish", is the an example of the athleticism rating holding TOO MUCH weight in the variables?
6/29/2016 7:22 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/29/2016 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Gentlemen (and ladies), I've played this game for a long, long time and during that time I've seen some real odd things happen. But this one has me stumped. Can anyone explain to me how the PG on D2 Barry in Tark can score at all, let alone almost 14 points a game? Yes, his athleticism is off the charts, especially for D2, but his LP is a remarkably high TWO and his Per is a whopping THREE. This guy shouldn't be able to hit a bull's *** with a handful of sand, yet somehow he's averaging over double figures with a not-so-bad FG%. Of course, all the FTA are helping him out a lot but when he tries to take a shot and doesn't get fouled, well, refer back to the bull's *** cliche. How, gentlemen, how?

I'm not sure how to do the whole direct link thing, but the above is his team ID. Anyone have ANY suggestions besides the points from the FT line? I'm talking FG's here. How? Yes, I realize that he can get lay-ups off steals also. But he's taking more shots than just lay-ups and free throws people.

And without getting all "conspiracy theory-ish", is the an example of the athleticism rating holding TOO MUCH weight in the variables?
Its easy to mainipulate the system in player game plan if he gets the ball alot he is bound to score some. So that guy must have his player above 50 or more just a guess estimate. My mentor has said to me that he doesn't even look at the player leaders he can't tell you if he has won the conference player of the year or division player of the year. Its just windowdressing don't put too much thought into it. Its there for the laughs.
6/29/2016 7:30 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/29/2016 7:30:00 PM (view original):

Its easy to mainipulate the system in player game plan if he gets the ball alot he is bound to score some. So that guy must have his player above 50 or more just a guess estimate. My mentor has said to me that he doesn't even look at the player leaders he can't tell you if he has won the conference player of the year or division player of the year. Its just windowdressing don't put too much thought into it. Its there for the laughs.
What you just said had absolutely ZERO relevance to the question I asked. I'm quite sure that I've figured out how to jack up the distro on a player by now. I mean, damn dude, I've got more CALENDAR YEARS playing this game than you do TOTAL SEASONS! You think by now I would have figured out how to make a player shoot more?

The question was, how is he scoring at a "relatively" efficient rate from the field with the LP/PER ratings that he has?

I don't give a damn about Conference Player of the Year and I don't give a damn about player leaders. Apparently in your haste to leave your mark in every thread going, you skimmed right over the question I asked and simply regurgitated something that your "mentor" told you two weeks ago.

As far as it being just "window dressing", yes awards of those types are just fluff. Again, NOT THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED.

Every time you respond to a post, anyone's post, it gets harder and harder to take you seriously. Every time I read more of your gibberish, my eyes nearly start to bleed and I feel like I've got a monkey on my head bashing it with a hammer. It's painful. Reading your posts is just painful.
6/29/2016 7:43 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/29/2016 7:43:00 PM (view original):

What you just said had absolutely ZERO relevance to the question I asked. I'm quite sure that I've figured out how to jack up the distro on a player by now. I mean, damn dude, I've got more CALENDAR YEARS playing this game than you do TOTAL SEASONS! You think by now I would have figured out how to make a player shoot more?

The question was, how is he scoring at a "relatively" efficient rate from the field with the LP/PER ratings that he has?

I don't give a damn about Conference Player of the Year and I don't give a damn about player leaders. Apparently in your haste to leave your mark in every thread going, you skimmed right over the question I asked and simply regurgitated something that your "mentor" told you two weeks ago.

As far as it being just "window dressing", yes awards of those types are just fluff. Again, NOT THE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED.

Every time you respond to a post, anyone's post, it gets harder and harder to take you seriously. Every time I read more of your gibberish, my eyes nearly start to bleed and I feel like I've got a monkey on my head bashing it with a hammer. It's painful. Reading your posts is just painful.
I just answered your question?!?! Instead of bashing me you need to check my youtube channel out. You need to take me serious because I have not lied. I just gave a little more detail than your brain can handle apparently. Its fine
6/29/2016 7:50 PM
And by the way, whoever your "mentor" is, you need to fire him and find someone else. You've got a roster full of 12 players that you yourself recruited and you haven't won a game this year. 0-24. You're getting drilled by Sim teams my friend.

Maybe, just maybe, you might think about putting your ego aside for a minute, putting your obsession with having to post in every thread aside for a minute, and think about sitting back quietly and trying to actually absorb some of the information in these threads instead of offering advice on topics that you obviously have no clue about.

Like I said in another thread, I hate coaches that rag on new coaches when they try to offer advice but you my friend are the exception. I have yet to see a single post you have made that was actually informative. Plenty of +1's and the sky is falling comments. Plenty of admin love. It's amazing that the man is getting ANY work done, what with you hanging on his beanbag all the time.

6/29/2016 7:51 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/29/2016 7:50:00 PM (view original):

I just answered your question?!?! Instead of bashing me you need to check my youtube channel out. You need to take me serious because I have not lied. I just gave a little more detail than your brain can handle apparently. Its fine
Where in your answer was ANYTHING to do with that players **** poor LP/Per rating and still being able to score efficiently? "You just jack up the info is NOT an answer".

By the way, why would I want to check out your You Tube channel? Why would I want to give you another hit on your site? haven't you been told about solicitation once already? And I will begin taking you seriously when you deserve to be taken seriously. You gave NO detail you jackass. Jacking up the distro is NOT detail. And I really hate to argue on the internet like this, especially with a turd, but I sure would be up for comparing brains there champ.

Hell, what's your you tube channel called? I'll go check it out and leave some comments.
6/29/2016 7:57 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/29/2016 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/29/2016 7:50:00 PM (view original):

Where in your answer was ANYTHING to do with that players **** poor LP/Per rating and still being able to score efficiently? "You just jack up the info is NOT an answer".

By the way, why would I want to check out your You Tube channel? Why would I want to give you another hit on your site? haven't you been told about solicitation once already? And I will begin taking you seriously when you deserve to be taken seriously. You gave NO detail you jackass. Jacking up the distro is NOT detail. And I really hate to argue on the internet like this, especially with a turd, but I sure would be up for comparing brains there champ.

Hell, what's your you tube channel called? I'll go check it out and leave some comments.
YOUR QUESTION IS NOT ABOUT WINS/LOSSES!!!!! Damn I am in a rebuild. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME LINKS WHERE ONE OF MY FORUM POST IS NOT HELPFUL? Don't take it out on me just because you had a bad day! You need to be thankful you posted on the forums any1 can help you if they KNOW the answer!
6/29/2016 8:01 PM
Someone please tell me how to delete a thread. Or at the very least lock it.
6/29/2016 8:08 PM
dcy, not saying I'm even close but I'll take a guess.

The PG has taken no 3pt shots (well 0-3) so he's set at -2 to penetrate rather than shoot from the perimeter. About 30% of his points have come from the free throw line and, while I only looked at three boxscores, much of his remaining scoring comes from drives, tip-ins, slams, layups, etc. While I did not pay close attention, I'd assume that 100 DEF is giving him a few FB points off turnovers.

I did notice that he makes several jump shots each game, which do not seem reasonable given his PER rating but I'm guessing that since most of his shooting is near or at the basket, the program decreases the difficulty of a shot the shorter it is and that ATH plays as much a factor in a slam/layup as does shooting skill.

Other than that, I don't know.
6/29/2016 8:42 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/29/2016 8:42:00 PM (view original):

The PG has taken no 3pt shots (well 0-3) so he's set at -2 to penetrate rather than shoot from the perimeter. About 30% of his points have come from the free throw line and, while I only looked at three boxscores, much of his remaining scoring comes from drives, tip-ins, slams, layups, etc. While I did not pay close attention, I'd assume that 100 DEF is giving him a few FB points off turnovers.

I did notice that he makes several jump shots each game, which do not seem reasonable given his PER rating but I'm guessing that since most of his shooting is near or at the basket, the program decreases the difficulty of a shot the shorter it is and that ATH plays as much a factor in a slam/layup as does shooting skill.

You're probably just about right. I only glanced at the stats quickly as they are a possible 2nd round opponent. The only thing I might not agree with in your statement is the part about making jump shots being reasonable given his Per rating and I only disagree because his Per rating is a 3.

But as I said, other than that, you're probably spot on.
6/29/2016 9:04 PM
Wow this was hilarious.
6/29/2016 9:16 PM

actually, his distro is set to 69.
6/29/2016 9:17 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/29/2016 9:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/29/2016 8:42:00 PM (view original):

You're probably just about right. I only glanced at the stats quickly as they are a possible 2nd round opponent. The only thing I might not agree with in your statement is the part about making jump shots being reasonable given his Per rating and I only disagree because his Per rating is a 3.

But as I said, other than that, you're probably spot on.
I actually said (or at least meant) was that it did not seem reasonable...so we do agree on that. A PER of 3 should almost miss the backboard/airball from distance.
6/29/2016 9:20 PM
DCY That thread is a classic. Don't delete it!
6/29/2016 9:32 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/29/2016 8:08:00 PM (view original):
Someone please tell me how to delete a thread. Or at the very least lock it.
Hey guys, check out my YouTube channel.
6/29/2016 10:06 PM
123 Next ▸
Okay, I'm Stumped? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.