Okay, I'm Stumped? Topic

Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel
6/29/2016 10:30 PM
coachward has a youtube channel!?
6/29/2016 11:55 PM
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/29/2016 11:55:00 PM (view original):
CoachWard doesn't need solar panels on top of his house, because his YouTube channel produces more electricity than the sun.
6/30/2016 12:06 AM
Posted by mattwithanh on 6/29/2016 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/29/2016 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/29/2016 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Gentlemen (and ladies), I've played this game for a long, long time and during that time I've seen some real odd things happen. But this one has me stumped. Can anyone explain to me how the PG on D2 Barry in Tark can score at all, let alone almost 14 points a game? Yes, his athleticism is off the charts, especially for D2, but his LP is a remarkably high TWO and his Per is a whopping THREE. This guy shouldn't be able to hit a bull's *** with a handful of sand, yet somehow he's averaging over double figures with a not-so-bad FG%. Of course, all the FTA are helping him out a lot but when he tries to take a shot and doesn't get fouled, well, refer back to the bull's *** cliche. How, gentlemen, how?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12325

I'm not sure how to do the whole direct link thing, but the above is his team ID. Anyone have ANY suggestions besides the points from the FT line? I'm talking FG's here. How? Yes, I realize that he can get lay-ups off steals also. But he's taking more shots than just lay-ups and free throws people.

And without getting all "conspiracy theory-ish", is the an example of the athleticism rating holding TOO MUCH weight in the variables?
Its easy to mainipulate the system in player game plan if he gets the ball alot he is bound to score some. So that guy must have his player above 50 or more just a guess estimate. My mentor has said to me that he doesn't even look at the player leaders he can't tell you if he has won the conference player of the year or division player of the year. Its just windowdressing don't put too much thought into it. Its there for the laughs.
actually, his distro is set to 69.
Hey Matt with an H, please don't take this as a slight towards you as a coach. Hell, I think it's actually very solid coaching to be able to find and effectively use a player like that. Wasn't meant as an insult or criticism towards you in any way, shape, or form, just me trying to keep learning things about the game.
6/30/2016 1:15 AM
Posted by viva_il_re on 6/29/2016 11:55:00 PM (view original):
He's always introduced as "international basketball player Elmer Ward" but I couldn't track down where he claims to have played.

I will give him this bit of credit though, he had about half a dozen young kids that he was giving a motivational talk to, so props to him for encouraging the youth anyway. I didn't listen to the whole thing though because the little bit I did force myself to sit through sounded like every "rah rah" speech that's been given in the history of mankind. I may have not listened long enough but I didn't hear one original idea, quote, statement, anything. SS,DD,DS. Same ****, different day, different speaker.
6/30/2016 1:23 AM
so it's interesting-- 36% of his points are FTs, but he only has 28 steals on the season.So if you assume he converted EACH of those into a breakaway layup, he's still shooting 41% from the field after that, and scoring 7.1 points a game from the field that way (without FTs or the 1 free layup a game).

So I'd guess that the distro could be better used elsewhere... really, any of the other starters seems likely to be more efficient. but man, those 5 PPG on FTs, plus all the fouls drawn, that's intriguing.
6/30/2016 8:07 AM
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/30/2016 1:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mattwithanh on 6/29/2016 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 6/29/2016 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dcy0827 on 6/29/2016 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Gentlemen (and ladies), I've played this game for a long, long time and during that time I've seen some real odd things happen. But this one has me stumped. Can anyone explain to me how the PG on D2 Barry in Tark can score at all, let alone almost 14 points a game? Yes, his athleticism is off the charts, especially for D2, but his LP is a remarkably high TWO and his Per is a whopping THREE. This guy shouldn't be able to hit a bull's *** with a handful of sand, yet somehow he's averaging over double figures with a not-so-bad FG%. Of course, all the FTA are helping him out a lot but when he tries to take a shot and doesn't get fouled, well, refer back to the bull's *** cliche. How, gentlemen, how?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12325

I'm not sure how to do the whole direct link thing, but the above is his team ID. Anyone have ANY suggestions besides the points from the FT line? I'm talking FG's here. How? Yes, I realize that he can get lay-ups off steals also. But he's taking more shots than just lay-ups and free throws people.

And without getting all "conspiracy theory-ish", is the an example of the athleticism rating holding TOO MUCH weight in the variables?
Its easy to mainipulate the system in player game plan if he gets the ball alot he is bound to score some. So that guy must have his player above 50 or more just a guess estimate. My mentor has said to me that he doesn't even look at the player leaders he can't tell you if he has won the conference player of the year or division player of the year. Its just windowdressing don't put too much thought into it. Its there for the laughs.
actually, his distro is set to 69.
Hey Matt with an H, please don't take this as a slight towards you as a coach. Hell, I think it's actually very solid coaching to be able to find and effectively use a player like that. Wasn't meant as an insult or criticism towards you in any way, shape, or form, just me trying to keep learning things about the game.
no offense was given and none was taken.
6/30/2016 8:48 AM
I would guess that his ATH of 100 in combination with a not disastrous BH of 45 is making him very effective.

On top of that, Lamont Jones has a good passing rating of 71 at small forward and averages the most assists per game. His big men have good passing ratings too for Div-2.

I guess in summary that BH with -2 setting allows as excellent ATH to slash and score, especially when he's surrounded by good passers.
6/30/2016 8:51 AM
the shooting equation does not work well around the margins, never has, that's really all there is to it.

emy, if you do check out ward's youtube channel for about 15 seconds, you'll see why many of us avoid calling him on his bs.
6/30/2016 11:00 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 6/30/2016 11:01:00 AM (view original):
the shooting equation does not work well around the margins, never has, that's really all there is to it.

emy, if you do check out ward's youtube channel for about 15 seconds, you'll see why many of us avoid calling him on his bs.
yep
6/30/2016 11:27 AM

What is emy's second account name?
6/30/2016 1:19 PM
Dcy
6/30/2016 2:15 PM

Yep, I figured it out fairly quickly after watching some of his video. No worries.
6/30/2016 2:19 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 6/30/2016 8:52:00 AM (view original):
I would guess that his ATH of 100 in combination with a not disastrous BH of 45 is making him very effective.

On top of that, Lamont Jones has a good passing rating of 71 at small forward and averages the most assists per game. His big men have good passing ratings too for Div-2.

I guess in summary that BH with -2 setting allows as excellent ATH to slash and score, especially when he's surrounded by good passers.
I don't care how good the passers around him are or how only below average his BH is. 90% of his shots should miss the rim
6/30/2016 11:56 PM
Posted by cburton23 on 6/30/2016 11:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by npb7768 on 6/30/2016 8:52:00 AM (view original):

I don't care how good the passers around him are or how only below average his BH is. 90% of his shots should miss the rim
I agree, but he's found something that works right for him. Kudos to him as a coach but at first glance this appears to be a pretty big flaw in the engine somewhere. Or......it just proves everyone's insistence that Athleticism is the most important attribute in the game (and apparently by far).
6/30/2016 11:59 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Okay, I'm Stumped? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.