76ers=? Topic

I'm calling it....the sixers will be the next spurs like dynasty...they have all the right makings
6/29/2016 8:59 PM
GTFOH
6/29/2016 9:16 PM
and why is that nate?

please explain...this should be fun

btw...im a 76ers fan and have a very positive outlook...but simmons and embiid havent stepped on the court yet
6/29/2016 11:03 PM
they're gonna sign Harrison Barnes. That will put them over the top.
6/30/2016 1:34 AM
They definitely need some veteran players to work and help mature Simmons, Okafor, and Embiid, especially off the court.
6/30/2016 8:52 AM
Nate has posted some really, really dumb things in these threads, but that might just be the dumbest.
6/30/2016 8:53 AM
Sixers are definitely in a nice position, but they need to clear out some of the bigs, sign some guards, and actually have their players play before anyone can say anything about the Sixers and actually winning. I do very much like their position though and think they have a bright future.
6/30/2016 10:21 AM
As a 76ers fan I'm praying that we don't sign Barnes. We need the young guys to start to gel and one more strong draft. I would sign Courtney Lee to a 2 year, 30M deal and trade Noel to Houston for Patrick Beverley, Denver's 17 2nd and Houston's 18 first. I don't love that trade, but I think we're going to do something worse. Beverley and Lee are both defensive-minded vets who will be good examples for the young guys and shoot nearly 40% from 3.

That gives us:

PG: Beverley / McConnell / ?
SG: Lee / Stauskas / Luwawu
SF: Covington / Thompson / Grant
PF: Simmons / Saric / Landry
C: Okafor / Embiid / Holmes

That's a respectable team. Then in the 2017 draft we have our pick and the Lakers pick, both should be in the top 5-7. I would love to come out of it with Dennis Smith Jr. and Markelle Fultz. There's your new backcourt. Plus Korkmaz probably comes over for 17-18.

And they'll be about 50M under the cap!

I'm so excited about this team.

Oh and check out my sports website: DEEP(ish) Thoughts
6/30/2016 9:28 PM
Noel isn't going to get you a starter and 2 first rounders at this point and no one is going to want to sign there
6/30/2016 10:11 PM
People like to knock Noel's value, but I don't know if that's warranted or not. Houston offered Beverley and Ariza for Noel right after the draft, Philly said no. I think you could argue that Ariza is worth more than a second-round pick next year and protected first round pick in 2018. Thus making it a trade the Rockets would accept.

The Raptors supposedly offered Terrance Ross and another player for Noel as well. Ross and Norman Powell would interest me.

Nerlens per-36 last year was an impressive 13.7 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 2.2 spg and 1.8 bpg. He's a DPOY candidate and it'll be shocking if he doesn't get one or two before he's done. The 76ers know he's valuable and won't just give him away. There's no reason to rush anything right now. No need to make a move for the sake of it. There's this notion that once the season starts, the bigs lose a bunch of value because someone needs to be traded. It's foolish to assume there's any truth in that.
6/30/2016 11:40 PM
Dario $aric!!!
7/13/2016 10:42 PM
76ers=? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.