If I were GM of . . . Topic

As gm of the Timberwolves, I would NOT trade LaVine, Rubio and a future 1 for any of those guys.
7/22/2016 4:38 PM
Rubio can't shoot and is gonna be replaced by Dunn, I'm not high on Lavine as the worst g defender in the entire NBA and solid in garbage situations towards the end of the year. I think TWolves fans are way too high on him and if his value is "this high" then I'm fine dealing him. Future 1s are never gonna be as high as the value of any player we trade for ideally from here on out. I just don't see keeping Rubio for the foreseeable future, don't see LaVine as highly as most Wolves homers and would be willing to part with a pick. Obviously would not be straight up but who knows maybe a mclemore, Covington, Gibson could come back too. Do you really think the combination of a teen 1st round pick, Rubio and Lavine will ever produce as much as the aforementioned guys? No. There are negatives for every player, health attitude etc but why not risk it for a young vet rather than let Rubio walk, hope Lavine turns into a star and hope we hit on another pick
7/22/2016 7:42 PM
I would rather have Lavine straight up over Okafor (at least for Minnesota). Talented, but can't play defense or shoot free throws and plays the same position as our best player.

I would love Butler, but would not give up Rubio, Lavine, and a number 1.

Cousins would leave Minnesota as soon as he could.

Rubio is a top 15 point guard in the league (closer to 10 than 15) and is on a cheap deal. Lavine won't be a superstar, but having watched him 30 times in person this year, I'm comfortable saying he will be good.
7/22/2016 8:17 PM
Rubio is not part of the future and I think that's been more than understood.

Idk why exactly but I like Okafor from when I've watched him. He can't play d but man Lavine is a way worse defender. I think towns may be able to play with Okafor but that is questionable.

I would not trade for Westbrook or Cousins without a commitment of at least 2 years, I think a playoff run would keep Cousins.

Butler is a no brainer except for the injuries, but I think he's worth more than Rubio Lavine and future 1 still. Just wouldn't ant Thibs to run him into the ground.

i really dislike Lavine I have never seen him live but have league pass and watched at least 50 games each the past two years and I just don't think he has it. Reminds me of a Jamal Crawford or Maybe slightly better dion waiters. I can't see him starting for a playoff caliber team in th next 3 years. His defense is beyond atrocious.
7/22/2016 11:01 PM
Okafor is a pretty good shooter. Very solid mid-range game. Decent passing skills as well. His footwork isn't bad so he could develop into at least an average defender as well (though he was downright awful last year).
7/26/2016 9:22 AM
Posted by moranis on 7/26/2016 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Okafor is a pretty good shooter. Very solid mid-range game. Decent passing skills as well. His footwork isn't bad so he could develop into at least an average defender as well (though he was downright awful last year).
I agree. Anyone saying that LaVine can turn his god awful D around under Thibs, the same could be said for Okafor.
7/27/2016 4:48 PM
◂ Prev 123
If I were GM of . . . Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.