July 1st - Free Agent Frenzy. SHOW ME THE $$$ Topic

Taylor Hall for Larrson, P.K. for Shea and Stamkos stays in Tampa. Lucic is now the big fish swimming out there. Who going to sign him? Oilers seem to be the favorites. I wouldn't want to sign him to a 7 year contract though. I'm sure someone will over spend to get him. I think Erikkson may end up in Vancouver. Any one else watching todays action?
7/1/2016 5:23 AM
I am! My boys (The Stanley Cup Champion Penguins! Gee, it feels good to say that!) aren't going to do much because of the cap. I agree with your thinking on all of the above. Kind of a "no brainer" with Campbell going back to Chicago as well. Can't believe someone will throw 7 years at Lucic, but overspending and today go hand in hand! Lovejoy played himself into a nice, fat contract. For me, it will be interesting to see who goes after Justin Schultz. He was rated one of the worst players in the NHL last year by one GM, and he played above average in the playoffs. As a right handed shooting defenseman with lots of upside and a booming shot, I will be curious as to what he will command on the open market.
Still can't get over PK for Weber and Hall to the Devils. What are the GM's drinking in Canada?
7/1/2016 8:27 AM
7 years for Lucic. Backes to Boston, Perron back to St. Louis, and Okposo to Buffalo? Didn't see that one coming!
7/1/2016 12:35 PM
Nielsen to the wings :)
7/1/2016 2:30 PM
July 1st - Free Agent Frenzy. SHOW ME THE $$$ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.