Season 122 Coach of the Year 1AA Topic

Congratulations to the following nominees!
Pete61 - Eastern Kentucky

Cjsweat - Sacred Heart

Phimutau - Texas State

Awags - Holy Cross

Nitros - Texas Southern

Please submit your votes to chetty1963 by sitemail. The deadline to vote is Monday, July 4th, 11:59PM EST
7/2/2016 11:12 AM
who can vote for this
7/2/2016 1:19 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 7/2/2016 1:19:00 PM (view original):
who can vote for this
All Wilkinson coaches
7/2/2016 1:44 PM
One vote, or rankings?
7/3/2016 11:55 PM
Posted by badaxe on 7/3/2016 11:55:00 PM (view original):
One vote, or rankings?
One vote.
7/4/2016 12:04 AM
Congratulations to our Season 122 Coach of the Year!

Pete_61 - Eastern Kentucky
7/5/2016 9:23 PM
Added on edit: [My acceptance Speech]

Thanks everyone, I was hoping that Awags would get it for what I consider a fantastic win that he had over Sacred Heart, that was a nice job of coaching! I had thought early on that my own strengths and weaknesses at Eastern Kentucky would match up better against Holy Cross than against Sacred Heart, so that big win in the semi finals by Holy Cross coupled with EKU beating the odds against Tenn Tech, set me up with the chance for another National Championship.

For a point of reference; EKU now has the roster strength that JSU had during those dynasty seasons, but I believe that EKU would probably defeat JSU in 2 out of 3 games because of what I have learned about depth charts and game planning since then. Many of the coaches that I faced this season would be capable of setting up a JSU like dynasty in another World, I doubt it could happen in this world again in its present state, but who knows what kind of innovation is out there just waiting to be discovered that would give someone the edge they need to dominate.

I really appreciate the efforts that has gone into making Wilkinson by far the best World to coach in throughout Gridiron Dynasty. The things that you guys do on our behalf is a big sacrifice of time and it takes a lot of effort, and I'm very thankful for it. I understand that over time it can become a big drain and drag you down, especially if you feel under appreciated. If I could afford it I would buy you all a free game or two, but if not for winning these Championships I would be cutting back on teams myself. I do have an idea though, I'll post it in another thread for discussion.
7/6/2016 11:44 AM
Congrats Pete!
7/6/2016 2:10 PM
Congrats Pete. EKU is now a powerhouse.
7/6/2016 5:13 PM
Congrats Pete! Well deserved, my friend:)
7/6/2016 11:20 PM
Congrats Pete
7/6/2016 11:42 PM
Posted by pete_61 on 7/6/2016 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Added on edit: [My acceptance Speech]

Thanks everyone, I was hoping that Awags would get it for what I consider a fantastic win that he had over Sacred Heart, that was a nice job of coaching! I had thought early on that my own strengths and weaknesses at Eastern Kentucky would match up better against Holy Cross than against Sacred Heart, so that big win in the semi finals by Holy Cross coupled with EKU beating the odds against Tenn Tech, set me up with the chance for another National Championship.

For a point of reference; EKU now has the roster strength that JSU had during those dynasty seasons, but I believe that EKU would probably defeat JSU in 2 out of 3 games because of what I have learned about depth charts and game planning since then. Many of the coaches that I faced this season would be capable of setting up a JSU like dynasty in another World, I doubt it could happen in this world again in its present state, but who knows what kind of innovation is out there just waiting to be discovered that would give someone the edge they need to dominate.

I really appreciate the efforts that has gone into making Wilkinson by far the best World to coach in throughout Gridiron Dynasty. The things that you guys do on our behalf is a big sacrifice of time and it takes a lot of effort, and I'm very thankful for it. I understand that over time it can become a big drain and drag you down, especially if you feel under appreciated. If I could afford it I would buy you all a free game or two, but if not for winning these Championships I would be cutting back on teams myself. I do have an idea though, I'll post it in another thread for discussion.
Pete, you should know better than to throw out a challenge like that! I think it's about time you jump from EKU to Iona so I have a fighting chance at that JSU National Championship run!

Congrats on another well deserved title! You earned this one fair and square!
7/7/2016 7:27 AM
I'm surprised that you haven't already exceeded that streak OP, stop being such a slacker lol.

If I leave EKU it will probably be because I'm tired and ready to retire, or to move up to D1A where the seasons are shorter and the workload is reduced.
7/7/2016 1:12 PM
Congrats Pete.
7/7/2016 6:08 PM
congrats Pete. did you use the same speech in all four worlds you won titles last season??? lol incredible job!
7/9/2016 9:46 AM
12 Next ▸
Season 122 Coach of the Year 1AA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.