Season 122 Coach of the Year 1A Topic

Congratulations to the following nominees!

bkdries - Texas

ez37 - USC

bama2448 - UVA

laswell - Boston College

tkechub - Penn State

Please submit your votes to chetty1963 by sitemail. The deadline to vote is Monday, July 4th, 11:59PM EST
7/2/2016 12:20 PM (edited)
Congratulations to our Season 122 Coach of the Year!

Bama2448 - UVA
7/5/2016 9:22 PM
Thanks everyone that voted for me for coach of the year. There were several other coaches that were more deserving of the award this year I am just glad to be nominated let alone win it. I don't think I could have seen this success without some great mentoring from some outstanding coaches like Cebrake, Cj, and Pete. UVA sure did have to overcome a lot of obstacles especially in recruiting as I was left with mostly the scraps after Penn State was done. But as I have heard many coaches say just because you have the best talent it doesn't always mean that you are guaranteed a win over a lesser opponent. You have to have a plan for every opponent you face. Just because the game plan worked last game doesn't mean it will carry over to the follow game. Again thanks to all of my fellow coaches who voted for me and good luck out there on the recruiting trail.
7/6/2016 1:23 PM
Bama I voted against you but I struggled with who to go with. Regardless it is well deserved as you did a phenomenal job.
7/6/2016 2:08 PM
Congratulations Bama, you did a tremendous job at UVA and this honor is well deserved!
7/6/2016 3:38 PM
Well deserved Bama!

There's not too many coaches that could have accomplished what you did at UVA in such a short amount of time. You gave hope to all coaches who take on non-elite D1 programs that it CAN be done. Awesome run!
7/6/2016 11:18 PM
Congrats Bama
7/6/2016 11:42 PM
Congrats Bama and congrats on being awarded the job at Miami! I wanted that job, but CJ went and made a grave mistake by cutting a few walkons and taking our reputation lower than the requirement.

You will do very well there and you don't even have to leave the ACC. Good luck to you!
7/7/2016 7:22 AM
Thanks Orangepace. I was just excited that I actually qualified for an elite job and thrilled that I actually got it.
7/7/2016 5:59 PM
Season 122 Coach of the Year 1A Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.