defender312 is cheating. His user rating is nearly NEGATIVE 100,000!!! He creates awful teams repeatedly allow another one of his team in the same league to make a great team that is too short on minutes. Then he can rest his players when he plays his defender312 teams so his players don't get tired. It's a sham and complete crap. His teams should be kicked out of WIS and current teams forfeit all upcoming playoff births. Please follow this up or you will lose some good customers.
7/3/2016 2:40 PM
Jwill8 and kropduster are linked to defender312. There may be more. Please take care of this
7/3/2016 3:30 PM
They might respond to you by next year lol
7/4/2016 12:09 AM
How do you know those two owners are this defender guy? That's a pretty serious accusation.

There are lots of those terrible teams that show up over & over, so it wouldn't be completely surprising... However that means everyone can rest against those tesms, so I'm not sure I see a huge advantage. You're basically paying an extra ten bucks to let everyone have a freebie on their schedule.
7/4/2016 3:36 AM
Just did a little research into it because kropduster and defender are in the same league as me. They played each other 3 times and kropduster didn't adjust any settings from his other games. He played all his main guys full minutes and it looks like there was no funny business in play. He also lost once to defender's 9 win team despite being a 62 win team himself so I think we can clear his name from this accusation. Be careful when accusing someone of something, because it can quickly drag someone's name down on this site.
7/4/2016 11:20 AM
ashamael, the advantage is in the creation of your team. If you know there will be a guaranteed tank team in your league you can create your roster with far fewer minutes (thus far better quality players for the $$$) knowing you will be able to rest players as needed. A team that creates their roster with 18,000 minutes will have no advantage of resting players against a tank team compared to a team who intentionally created a roster with a little over 16,000 minutes and is counting on a tank team to survive the season. It does in fact make a significant difference. Its done with the intention to cheat (not give everybody a freebie). WIS needs to eliminate pathetic cheaters.
7/5/2016 1:40 PM
Posted by klbii on 7/5/2016 1:40:00 PM (view original):
ashamael, the advantage is in the creation of your team. If you know there will be a guaranteed tank team in your league you can create your roster with far fewer minutes (thus far better quality players for the $$$) knowing you will be able to rest players as needed. A team that creates their roster with 18,000 minutes will have no advantage of resting players against a tank team compared to a team who intentionally created a roster with a little over 16,000 minutes and is counting on a tank team to survive the season. It does in fact make a significant difference. Its done with the intention to cheat (not give everybody a freebie). WIS needs to eliminate pathetic cheaters.
That's only an advantage if you happen to be in the same division. That's a 5/23 chance you're banking on. Also, in the league I am in with defender, only one owner had less than 16,500 minutes and that owner went 12-70 so if they happen to be the same owner (almost definitely not), then it wasn't much of an advantage was it? I will go check his other leagues, but this seems like there is no basis to it.
7/5/2016 2:55 PM
Just went through literally each and every one of the 8 leagues he is right now. There is no owner in more than 3 of those same leagues.

There were exactly 8 non-defender teams with less than 16,500 total minutes. 4 of them clearly had much more than that before decimating their teams on the waiver wire. One of the teams is 22-46 and another is 1-21. Another of these teams is actually jwill8 with 16261 minutes, however they are in completely different conferences and haven't even played each other yet. Not much of an advantage. And the last team is ironically a direct copy (down to the last guy) of one of my 72 win championship teams. That team is 49-19.

It looks like defender is just bad at this game. Who knows why he keeps putting money into it. I highly doubt he is doing it to help himself on another account, but if he is, it is clearly not working.
7/5/2016 3:20 PM
What ben said. 16.5-17k is the ideal minute range. I've seen ben do some great things around 16.3, but that is pushing it & he's paid for it in the playoffs (sometimes!). All OLs generally have bad teams to rest your guys against; this is nothing unique. You're making a big deal out of something that seems like nothing.
7/5/2016 5:33 PM (edited)

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.