Durant to Warriors Topic

Posted by bkbillups on 7/7/2016 2:32:00 PM (view original):
"
I may be really stubborn and/or dumb but Jordan turned it into "LOOK AT ME!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!" It's all about "ME!!!!" now. That is not for ME!!!!

I did not enjoy the orchestrated TD celebrations. I like the players that hit a homer and round the bases without pointing to the name on the back of their jersey. Not a fan of the soccer guy who scores and runs away from his teammates rather than celebrating with them. The list goes on and on."

Guess sports, in general, aren't really your thing, sucks for you
Actually one can love sports without the enjoying the player who grabs the camera so it shines on him.

The NFL doesn't allow excessive celebration these days. College football never has.
Joey Bats gets drilled for flipping his bat dismissively. Not many MLB players go over the top.
College basketball doesn't celebrate each score like the NBA just big wins.
Don't watch enough soccer to know the norm for celebration.

Guess, in general, you don't watch sports. Maybe just the highlights. Watch a full game every now and then. But not the NBA because, in a 110-107 game, there will be about 200 mini-celebrations. Thanks, Jordan.

So, I guess, sucks for you.
7/7/2016 2:40 PM
Don't watch mlb, mls, or college basketball.

Love football. Especially the safety who jumps up celebrating after crushing a player - but still allowing a crucial third down, or the TE that is going to always let his opponent know that he got a first down(no matter the score or how good he actually is), or anyone who sacks a QB, or anytime Cam or Aaron Rodgers get into the endzone and let everyone know they got in there. Love those individualized plays. That's football now, they learn in it high school and college and bring it to the pros. Spare me your tirade of its not in football.
7/7/2016 3:31 PM
You obviously don't watch college football. Because what you describe is flagged. No idea what the rules are in HS so maybe they learn it there, put it in a drawer in college, then break it back out in the pros. But it doesn't happen in college football.
7/7/2016 3:37 PM
Anyway, some of us prefer the "team" concept in team sports. Today's NBA is the antithesis of that. I trace it back to Jordan. So I don't watch it anymore. I'm sure the NBA is crushed to hear that news.

I also dislike the way NBA teams are being built. I don't begrudge a guy moving in free agency. There just seems to be a pointlessness of a player of Durant's caliber going to a team that just won 73 games and missed their 2nd consecutive championship by a couple of minutes. I suppose I could blame that on LeBron but at least he chose a destination that wasn't already the best team out there.

Is the future of the NBA 4 all-star teams, a bunch of teams getting steamrolled by those 4 and 2-3 taking the Philly route of "Wait til our 17 first round picks mature"?
7/7/2016 3:52 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 7/6/2016 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pointfwd on 7/6/2016 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/6/2016 3:12:00 PM (view original):
It happens all the time. Players leave teams for better teams. Nobody said a word last year when Aldridge joined the Spurs.
A big 4 has never really happened. Usually one side or the other is past their prime (such as Duncan and Gino). This is 4 top 2 guys in the league at their positions, all in their prime, on a team that won 73 games last year.
As a lifelong Warrior fan (started following in 72-73), it's kinda fun to think about being in this position. 10 years ago, this team was a laughing stock. Now, they're the bullies on the block (well, the 3-pt line)
They deserve it. Did it the right way and made some smart/ tough choices. This team should win 3 titles easy unless RWB ends up on the Spurs.
7/7/2016 6:32 PM
Posted by bkbillups on 7/7/2016 3:31:00 PM (view original):

Love football. Especially the safety who jumps up celebrating after crushing a player - but still allowing a crucial third down, or the TE that is going to always let his opponent know that he got a first down(no matter the score or how good he actually is), or anyone who sacks a QB, or anytime Cam or Aaron Rodgers get into the endzone and let everyone know they got in there. Love those individualized plays. That's football now, they learn in it high school and college and bring it to the pros. Spare me your tirade of its not in football.
BTW, I LOVE the fact that you watch two specific sports and believe no one can enjoy sports because they don't love the excessive celebrations.

The NBA is the WORST for celebrating each, and every, individual achievement. The NFL throws a lot of flags for celebrations. The NBA includes them on their highlight films.
7/7/2016 7:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/7/2016 7:10:00 PM (view original):

BTW, I LOVE the fact that you watch two specific sports and believe no one can enjoy sports because they don't love the excessive celebrations.

The NBA is the WORST for celebrating each, and every, individual achievement. The NFL throws a lot of flags for celebrations. The NBA includes them on their highlight films.
Just calling out your nonsense
7/7/2016 7:14 PM
The NFL doesn't allow excessive celebration. It's a fact. A guy jumps up, points first down and moves on. Doesn't happen in college football.

The NBA allows a guy to run down the floor 9 times preening for the camera. On one play.

No nonsense on my part. A complete lack of understanding of sports on your part.
7/7/2016 7:17 PM
Yep, never happens in football. Thanks for clearing up.
7/7/2016 7:32 PM
Gets flagged. Watch a game, not a highlight film.

But thanks for making it clear you only watch ONE sport. Enjoy your NBA channel until next season starts.
7/7/2016 7:41 PM
You caught me! Should have known I couldn't get anything past Mike. :(
7/7/2016 7:49 PM
Just pointing out the overwhelming stupidity of this statement from a guy who admits he doesn't watch sports:

"Guess sports, in general, aren't really your thing, sucks for you"

Seems like sports, in general, aren't your thing.
7/8/2016 8:30 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/7/2016 7:17:00 PM (view original):
The NFL doesn't allow excessive celebration. It's a fact. A guy jumps up, points first down and moves on. Doesn't happen in college football.

The NBA allows a guy to run down the floor 9 times preening for the camera. On one play.

No nonsense on my part. A complete lack of understanding of sports on your part.
Anyone here believe this guy actually watches basketball?
7/8/2016 8:44 AM
I've already said I don't watch the NBA. I stopped paying attention to it when Jordan made it all about Jordan. At best, I catch a few minutes a year. And players celebrate the most mundane of things every time.

Anyway, I like how Durant says he took the hard route. Yes, Kevin, joining the team that just won 73 games and missed taking a 2nd consecutive championship by a couple of minutes is the hard way. Not sure how you guys will be able to put enough talent on the floor to compete.
7/8/2016 9:52 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/7/2016 7:10:00 PM (view original):

The worst NBA thing is when players high five a guy for missing a free throw.
7/8/2016 1:41 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Durant to Warriors Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.