Durant to Warriors Topic

what does that say about him?
7/4/2016 11:42 AM
Wants a ring and to get paid. I would imagine that this means Westbrook is gone after this year.
7/4/2016 12:12 PM
Best chance for a ring, $54M, more metropolitan area.

it says that he's smart.
7/4/2016 12:20 PM
Posted by bkbillups on 7/4/2016 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Wants a ring and to get paid. I would imagine that this means Westbrook is gone after this year.
Maybe Westbrook is the rare current player who actually wants to be the guy who leads his team to a Championship instead of joining 2, 3 or 4 other All-Stars to try to win. Boy how I miss those players. Guess we'll see in a year or so.
7/4/2016 12:21 PM
At least Lebron left a bad team.

Durant leaves one of the best teams in the league to join the top team in the league. Just sign me up and gimme a ring!!
7/4/2016 12:35 PM
No more mvps for Curry...
7/4/2016 12:38 PM
Posted by pointfwd on 7/4/2016 12:35:00 PM (view original):

Durant leaves one of the best teams in the league to join the top team in the league. Just sign me up and gimme a ring!!
That moment when you realize the 2010 Cavs won 6 more games than the 2016 Thunder...
7/4/2016 12:44 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 7/4/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pointfwd on 7/4/2016 12:35:00 PM (view original):

That moment when you realize the 2010 Cavs won 6 more games than the 2016 Thunder...
That is because Lebron James is that good.
7/4/2016 1:12 PM
That moment when you have to name the 2nd best player on that Cavs team
7/4/2016 1:38 PM
This is Lebron leaving to join the Celtics.
7/4/2016 1:38 PM
durant is no longer a "baaaaaad man"

yea he made the smart fun easy move...and its gonna be cool to watch them next year

but damn...

wheres the competitive pride?
7/4/2016 1:54 PM
i guess go spurs? hope they get gasol and just crush the warriors down low when they try to run those lineups with green at c and durant at pf
7/4/2016 1:56 PM
Posted by pointfwd on 7/4/2016 1:38:00 PM (view original):
That moment when you have to name the 2nd best player on that Cavs team
off the top of my head..

Mo Williams
Antawn Jamison
Shaquille O'Neal

all past their prime, to be sure, but still...

Also: Delonte West & Anthony Parker. All perfect compliments to Lebron's playstyle. Had they won, they would have been celebrated as one of the greatest teams ever (evidence: the NOW hyperbole & past teams that had 2 or 3 really good players & then a bunch of role players that fit perfectly together). They got tossed in the East, so everyone says they were beyond bad. Then the following year they have a terrible year, but it wasn't just Lebron they lost. People tend to forget that.
7/4/2016 4:29 PM
Well, the Warriors should be even more fun to watch. Interested to see how Durant fares in an offense that's predicated on both ball & player movement.

The Dubs got better for sure, but Durant doesn't solve the fundamental problem: When they get cold & nobody can hit a jumpshot, they will still lose. Durant doesn't have that post game/nastiness that would have helped them overcome the Cavs this season...

...but at the same time, it's less likely that Curry, Klay & Durant all three go stone cold for an entire 7-game series. I doubt he disappears like Barnes did. If I had to bet an amount of money that meant something to me on the upcoming season, I feel like I'd go Dubs.
7/4/2016 4:34 PM
Posted by bkbillups on 7/4/2016 12:12:00 PM (view original):
well, the Thunder could have paid him more and he would still have had a chance for a ring. Maybe not as good a chance, but the Thunder with Durant is one of the top 3 teams in the league. I also think Westbrook is gone after next season and would have left even if KD stayed.
7/4/2016 10:04 PM
1234 Next ▸
Durant to Warriors Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.