Can I get some insight on this? Topic

Ok, I need some help here, my team in Memphis just finished up the season and landed a PIT spot, that sucked, as I was really expecting a NT spot. What's really eating at me is the my conference mate at Rice made it into the NT as an 11 Seed. Im happy for him and and certainly he deserved it but it leaves me a bit confused. Can anyone explain how something like this works? We both had freak 1st round exits in the CT and I did win the only head to head game between us this season.

----------------Memphis--------
Conf. record 14-2
Overall. 21-6
Home w/l. 13-1
Away w/l. 8-4
Vs. Top 25. 2-2
RPI. 47
SOS. 99

-----------------Rice------------
Conf. record 14-2
Overall. 21-6
Home w/l. 11-2
Away w/l. 10-3
Vs. Top 25. 0-1
RPI. 52
SOS. 100
7/5/2016 9:39 AM
Check the record vs top 25 RPI , top 50 RPI and top 100 RPI.
7/5/2016 10:10 AM
and look at where the two teams were in the projection report - that doesnt make it right, but the projection report is a much more accurate predictor of seeds/ post season tunament - than RPI
7/5/2016 12:36 PM
Rice was 44
Memphis was 51

So Rice made the cutoff and Memphis was passed by autpbids so there were a lot of teams 64+ that won autobids

Not sure of the reasoning for Rice being ahead of Memphis though, the only thing they have is a better away record
7/5/2016 12:38 PM
Can I get some insight on this? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.