Keith Law Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 7/6/2016 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/6/2016 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/6/2016 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Does anybody really care about the A/S game?
BL does...but only if A/S refers to "anal/sex"
That's not a game to him.
Tec's never had anal sex before so he's a little touchy on the subject.
7/6/2016 2:57 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/6/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/6/2016 12:57:00 PM (view original):
You're just butthurt because there was one Orioles on his "doesn't belong" list. I didn't expect Brach to make it, frankly. I also don't see how Trumbo misses the "doesn't belong" list. But I think you're clearly 100% wrong about who should be in the All-Star game. There's a reason why guys like Jeter and Ripken keep getting elected long after they're even close to being the best players at their positions.They're stars. It's about stars.
You do realize only 5 year olds use the word "butthurt", right?

And believe me, I hated Keith Law long before this list came out. My first post above doesn't even mention Brach. I only brought up Brach to show the contradiction between him railing against one player's lack of prolonged success, but promoting another young player for having a "breakout year".

"There's a reason why guys like Jeter and Ripken keep getting elected..." Key word: ELECTED. Fan vote. None of the 5 players Law names were selected by the fans. They were selected by players and managers.

If you don't think Trumbo belongs, I'm guessing you also have a problem with JBJ and Betts, since neither did anything of note prior to this year (especially JBJ). If the game is just about stars "in name", then why have any process at all? Just pencil in Trout, Jones, Bautista, Cabrera, Cano, Bogaerts, Donaldson and Perez every year and call it a day.
Not true!! My 15 year old sons use the word butthurt all the time!
7/6/2016 3:09 PM
I stand corrected. Dahs, you just aged 10 years. You're a teenager now!
7/6/2016 3:19 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2016 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Maybe you're all about receiving anal sex.

I'll pass.
7/6/2016 3:24 PM
BL wins the toss and elects to receive!!!!
7/6/2016 3:32 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/6/2016 3:24:00 PM (view original):

I'll pass.
Don't be mad that you've never been able to convince a chick to let you in the back door.
7/6/2016 3:51 PM
"Don't be mad that you've never been able to convince a chick to peg you in the back door."

Fixed that for you.
7/6/2016 3:54 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/6/2016 3:19:00 PM (view original):
I stand corrected. Dahs, you just aged 10 years. You're a teenager now!
Says the guy who started the anal sex tangent.
7/6/2016 3:56 PM
BL likes it when they use the big, sparkly purple ones.
7/6/2016 3:57 PM
You're just butthurt because there was one Orioles on his "doesn't belong" list. I didn't expect Brach to make it, frankly. I also don't see how Trumbo misses the "doesn't belong" list. But I think you're clearly 100% wrong about who should be in the All-Star game. There's a reason why guys like Jeter and Ripken keep getting elected long after they're even close to being the best players at their positions.They're stars. It's about stars.

And believe me, I hated Keith Law long before this list came out. My first post above doesn't even mention Brach. I only brought up Brach to show the contradiction between him railing against one player's lack of prolonged success, but promoting another young player for having a "breakout year".

"There's a reason why guys like Jeter and Ripken keep getting elected..." Key word: ELECTED. Fan vote. None of the 5 players Law names were selected by the fans. They were selected by players and managers.

If you don't think Trumbo belongs, I'm guessing you also have a problem with JBJ and Betts, since neither did anything of note prior to this year (especially JBJ). If the game is just about stars "in name", then why have any process at all? Just pencil in Trout, Jones, Bautista, Cabrera, Cano, Bogaerts, Donaldson and Perez every year and call it a day.
Trumbo doesn't belong because of his performance, not because of his track record. He's a one-trick pony. There are 11 qualified RF in the AL. Trumbo is tied for 6th among them in batting average and he's dead last in OBP. He strikes out the most. And he's a horrible defender. He's easily in the double digits already in outs he's played into hits, even if they aren't scored as errors. I can think of at least 4 or 5 would be outs he played into XBH. And I doubt I remember all of them off the top of my head.

You've already got a traditional power-hitting RF with no glove on the roster in Beltran, who has a better track record and is having a better season. Trumbo is redundant. There are a number of better COF that got omitted for him to be there.
7/6/2016 4:02 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2016 3:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/6/2016 3:24:00 PM (view original):

I'll pass.
Don't be mad that you've never been able to convince a chick to let you in the back door.
The back door is an exit, not an entrance.
7/6/2016 4:33 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/6/2016 4:02:00 PM (view original):

Trumbo doesn't belong because of his performance, not because of his track record. He's a one-trick pony. There are 11 qualified RF in the AL. Trumbo is tied for 6th among them in batting average and he's dead last in OBP. He strikes out the most. And he's a horrible defender. He's easily in the double digits already in outs he's played into hits, even if they aren't scored as errors. I can think of at least 4 or 5 would be outs he played into XBH. And I doubt I remember all of them off the top of my head.

You've already got a traditional power-hitting RF with no glove on the roster in Beltran, who has a better track record and is having a better season. Trumbo is redundant. There are a number of better COF that got omitted for him to be there.
Even if you look at offense only, Betts has been better than Trumbo.

And what a crazy year Beltran is having after looking done for the last two years.

7/6/2016 4:59 PM
I didn't say Betts wasn't better than Trumbo. I was solely focusing on the "established stars" argument.
7/6/2016 5:13 PM
I was focusing on the fact that best-case scenario, depending how you look at it, Trumbo has been the 4th-best RF in the AL this year (behind Betts, Cruz, and Beltran). There are several others who have arguably been better. Eaton certainly feels like a much better All-Star choice because his skillset is so different and he would be a great defense/speed guy in the late innings if the AL are leading. If you actually want to think of it a little bit as a game, something like that is valuable. And once you factor in track record, Jose Bautista feels like a guy you might put ahead of Trumbo.

As far as Brach goes, he's by no means a bad choice from my perspective, but there were a lot of options. I posted this elsewhere a few days ago:

It's so tough trying to make the All-Star game as a reliever anymore. Look at how many guys look like they should be obvious All-Stars in the AL this year: Britton, Otero, Wade Davis, Andrew Miller, Kelvin Herrera, Alex Colome, Kimbrel, Brach, Roberto Osuna, Will Harris, Cam Bedrosian, Dan Jennings. Plus the guys who still feel like All-Stars based on track record and K-rates in spite of having elevated ERAs this season, like Betances, Gregerson, and Koji, maybe O'Day too. Not all of those guys are going to make the cut, especially once you figure in the fact that somebody from each team has to make it and a few of the necessary additions will be RP. Relief pitching in general is just so strong at the moment.

7/6/2016 5:46 PM
Trumbo really is doing his best to discredit my stance on him today...
7/6/2016 5:50 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Keith Law Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.