Keith Law Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 7/6/2016 5:46:00 PM (view original):
I was focusing on the fact that best-case scenario, depending how you look at it, Trumbo has been the 4th-best RF in the AL this year (behind Betts, Cruz, and Beltran). There are several others who have arguably been better. Eaton certainly feels like a much better All-Star choice because his skillset is so different and he would be a great defense/speed guy in the late innings if the AL are leading. If you actually want to think of it a little bit as a game, something like that is valuable. And once you factor in track record, Jose Bautista feels like a guy you might put ahead of Trumbo.

As far as Brach goes, he's by no means a bad choice from my perspective, but there were a lot of options. I posted this elsewhere a few days ago:

It's so tough trying to make the All-Star game as a reliever anymore. Look at how many guys look like they should be obvious All-Stars in the AL this year: Britton, Otero, Wade Davis, Andrew Miller, Kelvin Herrera, Alex Colome, Kimbrel, Brach, Roberto Osuna, Will Harris, Cam Bedrosian, Dan Jennings. Plus the guys who still feel like All-Stars based on track record and K-rates in spite of having elevated ERAs this season, like Betances, Gregerson, and Koji, maybe O'Day too. Not all of those guys are going to make the cut, especially once you figure in the fact that somebody from each team has to make it and a few of the necessary additions will be RP. Relief pitching in general is just so strong at the moment.

Also: more starters, less relievers. Forever.
7/6/2016 6:00 PM
I was focusing on the fact that best-case scenario, depending how you look at it, Trumbo has been the 4th-best RF in the AL this year (behind Betts, Cruz, and Beltran). There are several others who have arguably been better. Eaton certainly feels like a much better All-Star choice because his skillset is so different and he would be a great defense/speed guy in the late innings if the AL are leading. If you actually want to think of it a little bit as a game, something like that is valuable. And once you factor in track record, Jose Bautista feels like a guy you might put ahead of Trumbo.

As far as Brach goes, he's by no means a bad choice from my perspective, but there were a lot of options. I posted this elsewhere a few days ago:

It's so tough trying to make the All-Star game as a reliever anymore. Look at how many guys look like they should be obvious All-Stars in the AL this year: Britton, Otero, Wade Davis, Andrew Miller, Kelvin Herrera, Alex Colome, Kimbrel, Brach, Roberto Osuna, Will Harris, Cam Bedrosian, Dan Jennings. Plus the guys who still feel like All-Stars based on track record and K-rates in spite of having elevated ERAs this season, like Betances, Gregerson, and Koji, maybe O'Day too. Not all of those guys are going to make the cut, especially once you figure in the fact that somebody from each team has to make it and a few of the necessary additions will be RP. Relief pitching in general is just so strong at the moment.

Why would you consider K-rates for relievers?

Strikeouts are just a different kind of out.
7/6/2016 6:05 PM
an out is an out!
7/6/2016 6:19 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/6/2016 6:05:00 PM (view original):

Pitcher K rates are a sign of dominance (or lack of dominance).
7/6/2016 6:20 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2016 6:20:00 PM (view original):

Based on your admission of how you like to be the receiver of anal sex, you would be the resident expert on being dominated.
7/6/2016 6:46 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/6/2016 10:25:00 AM (view original):
I agree - I can't stand fans who blindly vote for all their team's players. I'm an O's fan and I don't want to see Joey Rickard or Nolan Reimold in an all-star game.

I'd be totally fine if MLB came up with some kind of statistical criteria for determining players. If you're going to keep the vote, guarantee vote winners a spot on the team, but let managers pick the starters.
Do you think Chris Tillman got snubbed?
7/6/2016 7:27 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/6/2016 6:46:00 PM (view original):

Based on your admission of how you like to be the receiver of anal sex, you would be the resident expert on being dominated.
Did I admit that?
7/6/2016 7:32 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2016 7:32:00 PM (view original):

Did I admit that?
You didn't deny it.
7/6/2016 7:38 PM
Did you ask?
7/6/2016 7:46 PM

BL won another toss? How many times do they flip in whatever anal sex game BL plays instead of watching baseball?
7/6/2016 8:08 PM
He's the Energizer Bunny of anal sex. He keeps going, and going, and going . . .
7/6/2016 9:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/6/2016 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/6/2016 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/6/2016 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/6/2016 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Does anybody really care about the A/S game?
BL does...but only if A/S refers to "anal/sex"
That's not a game to him.
Tec's never had anal sex before so he's a little touchy on the subject.
Well we now know who the top is.
7/6/2016 10:14 PM
BL's nickname is "Pinky"

7/6/2016 10:30 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 7/6/2016 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/6/2016 10:25:00 AM (view original):
I agree - I can't stand fans who blindly vote for all their team's players. I'm an O's fan and I don't want to see Joey Rickard or Nolan Reimold in an all-star game.

I'd be totally fine if MLB came up with some kind of statistical criteria for determining players. If you're going to keep the vote, guarantee vote winners a spot on the team, but let managers pick the starters.
Do you think Chris Tillman got snubbed?
Nope. He pitched himself out of a sure all-star spot with his performance in June. Three really bad starts, and a lot of guys passed him.

I think Aaron Sanchez got snubbed big time. Hopefully he gets Estrada's spot.
7/6/2016 11:56 PM
◂ Prev 123
Keith Law Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.