Recruiting advice? Topic

I didn't know what I was doing in my first recruiting class, and it ended up as a disaster. So, for my second class, I changed my strategy to focusing on mostly local recruits and shooting for more lower rated guys. I'm coming off of a conference championship and a playoff appearance, and yet my class still is looking like crap. What's the secret? I'm getting pretty turned off if it's always going to be like this.
7/6/2016 10:17 AM
Have you read the "GD's Guide to the Game" thread that's pinned at the top? That is a great place to start.
7/6/2016 11:30 AM
Sitemail me if you want to set up a phone conversation sometime and I will try and help you with some stuff. Trying to go back and forth through sitemail explaining isn't easy. Much better to actually speak so I can explain better and answer specific questions better.
7/6/2016 11:47 AM
Feel free to sitemail me as well if you want some help but read the guide first.
7/6/2016 3:52 PM
Find the section under Help that tells you the attributes you want to recruit for for each position. These are the core attributes. If you don't know what they are
you will NEVER be a good recruiter.
It's fairly easy to learn or you can print it out or even bookmark it. This is a must !
Web Page is https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/Help/Faq.aspx
Scroll almost to the bottom and look for the chart that says "What the numbers mean" .
7/6/2016 8:31 PM (edited)
Will every coach that is closer to a recruit than me automatically be able to see that recruit also? Or so some slip through the cracks?
7/6/2016 8:35 PM
It all depends on your vision vs. other coaches' vision. The more games your team wins over the past 3 seasons, the better your vision is. Since St John's has only won 17 games over the past 3 seasons, your vision is not going to be good, and you will not be able to see the best recruits. You need to focus on winning as many games as you can. For example, if you win 10 games this season, that means St John's will have won 24 games over the past 3 seasons. I think vision starts improving when that number gets over 25. And the higher the number is, the better your vision becomes.
7/6/2016 9:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks. A lot more moving parts in GD than in HBD.
7/6/2016 10:49 PM
I'm not seeing too many human opponents in the "considering" field in the yatzer tool. Do vets wait a day or two to get a lay of the field or are they competing against sims, or am I just seeing the bottom of the barrel guys due to being a new coach that other human coaches don't need?
7/7/2016 1:58 PM
After the 3:00 p.m. EST update, you should be able to get a pretty good idea of which recruits will have human coaches on them.
7/7/2016 2:29 PM
Thanks guys. I read the Guide to the Game thread now and feel like I have a better plan going forward. One thing I know for sure is that I've been battling too much for the "red dot" recruits.
7/7/2016 7:50 PM
piggybacking here.

If you're leading a SimAI as determined by recruit messages from phone calls, are you good to go or do you need to completely knock them off and turn them from yellow to green for any reason?
7/8/2016 3:47 PM
Posted by rusticity on 7/8/2016 3:47:00 PM (view original):
piggybacking here.

If you're leading a SimAI as determined by recruit messages from phone calls, are you good to go or do you need to completely knock them off and turn them from yellow to green for any reason?
It's best to knock them off. The longer the battle lasts the more likely they can win it.
7/8/2016 4:14 PM
So simAIs will add effort and retake the lead? Interesting. That doesn't happen in HD. Thanks for the info.
7/8/2016 5:14 PM
12 Next ▸
Recruiting advice? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.