What is the highest coach salary you guys have ever seen? We may have a record breaker going on in one of my worlds so I was just curious.
7/8/2016 8:37 AM
I've seen 6m for FI.
7/8/2016 8:56 AM
I won't think twice about paying $5m for a FI. he's the most important coach in an organization.
7/8/2016 8:57 AM
First thing I do at rollover, check to see if my FI wants to return. If not, I add 3 mil to my coaching budget.

7/8/2016 10:52 AM
Got in a bidding war and paid almost $8M for a FC. Tops ever for me.
7/13/2016 6:39 AM
Javy Rivera just cost me $2.7 in Clemente. 2 other guys went for 3M and 3.7M.

I think 7.7M is excessive for a FI. I think even 5M is excessive, although early on I've probably spent that. While I get that coach affects all prospect development, I can't think that the difference between a 91 rating and a 83 rating is so drastic that it is worth it. You're probably better off spending that extra money to over pay on hitting and pitching at every minor league level.
7/13/2016 7:13 AM
Most I've paid is $5.1 mil. Specifically because there were three very good FIs available, six or eight openings, next best one was in the low sixties. The market dictated.

7/13/2016 9:04 AM
Ok, what if it was a difference between 91 and 70 brpat42. Is that worth an extra 5.5M?
7/13/2016 11:38 AM
Probably. If you have it to spend. If you don't, spend 600k and take a 53.
7/13/2016 1:12 PM
IDK, the thing for me is this - you really don't know what coaches are really going to be out there beforehand at the time you are setting your budgets. You will know whether or not your FI is leaving or not. So you know you'll have to replace him, but you won't know what the market is. If you have the money and you happen to budget $8 million for an FI in addition to your other coaches, then so be it. Most of the time, I am guessing owners might budget $5 million for a good FI. So if it comes out that the #1 FI is rated 91 and gonna cost $7.7 to $8 million, and the next highest is 70 and gonna $2.5 million then I have to think the coach at 70 or below is the right choice. Why? You ain't really spending $8 million for that 91 FI. You are really spending $11 million. And that $8.5 million is better spent elsewhere.
7/13/2016 1:35 PM
Are you sure it's better spent elsewhere?

You can't apply the "one size fits all" to this. If I have 4-5 young prospects are premium defensive positions, I need that expensive FI. If most of my prospects are pitchers or LF/RF/1B, not so much. If I have a ton of cap space, a set team and low IFA budget, putting money into coaching is a good place to put it.

There just is no right/wrong answer. That said, if you're putting 8m into a league average coach, you screwed up somewhere.
7/13/2016 1:45 PM
Fair enough. All points are valid.
7/13/2016 3:34 PM
Hope no one minds my question as it's off topic.

Players don't receive a ratings bump for promotion as far as I remember/ What's to keep me from playing all my prospects in AAA where they will receive better coaching for 4 seasons? Hopefully the only answer isn't because they will most likely be a drag on the team keeping it from playoff games?
7/17/2016 9:04 PM
That's sort of what I've been beginning to try out the last season or two. AAA gets a hitting coach as a bench coach and AA gets a pitching coach as a bench coach (or vice versa) in order to maximize their ratings development. Stash hitting and pitching prospects in AAA or AA based on the respective bench coach, regardless of the players' age.
7/17/2016 10:34 PM
The theory is that players stagnate if left at one level too long.
7/18/2016 6:40 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.