https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7102706

I had FI ratings of 71, 72, 89, and 89 while he developed - GG shortstop as an ML rookie. His glove improved 27, throwing accuracy 26.
7/18/2016 5:23 PM
So basically in the minor leagues, strategy for a bench coach really isn't all the important but instead maybe high pitching or hitting ratings?
7/20/2016 1:24 PM
Posted by kartchy on 7/20/2016 1:24:00 PM (view original):
So basically in the minor leagues, strategy for a bench coach really isn't all the important but instead maybe high pitching or hitting ratings?
I'd like to see some answers on this question too.
11/28/2017 12:04 PM
I can't see a good reason to spend money on a minor league bench coach.
11/28/2017 12:53 PM
The bench coach affect all aspects of development(or so they say). I usually look for one with good F, H or P. But I'm not spending more than the minimum.
11/28/2017 3:35 PM
As I've said elsewhere... I find coaches I like in Rookie ball, decent core ratings, but also good Loyalty. Then I just promote through the ranks. I may never have the "best" coaches, but it makes rehiring a lot easier.

11/28/2017 6:05 PM
I've taken to the MikeT school of coach hiring.

Fielding: Whatever it costs.

Everyone else: whatever I can get at league minimum.
11/28/2017 6:15 PM
Glenn Heradia got almost $9 million a few seasons ago in Clemente.
11/28/2017 8:54 PM
It's a shame he's going to die after season 43.
11/28/2017 9:26 PM
Posted by mezirah on 7/17/2016 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Hope no one minds my question as it's off topic.

Players don't receive a ratings bump for promotion as far as I remember/ What's to keep me from playing all my prospects in AAA where they will receive better coaching for 4 seasons? Hopefully the only answer isn't because they will most likely be a drag on the team keeping it from playoff games?
First, you're right that teams that make the playoffs get more chances at development than teams that don't, since they play more games. Making the minor league playoffs helps development. Second, guys with low patience will stop developing if left at a level for more than two seasons. Third, if you try to trade an overpromoted prospect, you may get less interest from smart owners because they don't want to deal with the potential demotion hit from putting them back at the level where they should be. Fourth, the difference in coaching between, say, a 60 and a 75 isn't a large amount, so what you're gaining from this doesn't make up for what they could potentially lose.
11/29/2017 10:27 AM
Posted by saintonan on 11/29/2017 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mezirah on 7/17/2016 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Hope no one minds my question as it's off topic.

Players don't receive a ratings bump for promotion as far as I remember/ What's to keep me from playing all my prospects in AAA where they will receive better coaching for 4 seasons? Hopefully the only answer isn't because they will most likely be a drag on the team keeping it from playoff games?
First, you're right that teams that make the playoffs get more chances at development than teams that don't, since they play more games. Making the minor league playoffs helps development. Second, guys with low patience will stop developing if left at a level for more than two seasons. Third, if you try to trade an overpromoted prospect, you may get less interest from smart owners because they don't want to deal with the potential demotion hit from putting them back at the level where they should be. Fourth, the difference in coaching between, say, a 60 and a 75 isn't a large amount, so what you're gaining from this doesn't make up for what they could potentially lose.
It hasn't been clear if age and level are tied together. They said that in a Dev chat, but I can't totally believe everything Dev chats have said. I operate in a way that I assume anyone 19 or younger shouldn't be higher than A ball. Its worked out so far.
11/29/2017 2:59 PM
Thomas Del Rosario's development looks like this:
CON VLH VRH VEL GB P1 P2
Current 88 95 91 90 54 88 69
Ceiling 91 98 94 91 57 90 71
Difference 3 3 3 1 3 2 2

His true ceiling numbers comes from when you could still see them with a bug (not advanced scouting numbers, his bona-fide ceiling).
He is extremely close to reaching his max potential. And since he is 26 years old, could still get a few additional points here and there.
He started his career in the majors at 18 years old. There is no such thing as promoting too quick. And if anything, exposure to higher level coaching at an earlier age is MORE beneficial, not less.

If I had to guess why he doesn't hit his exact ceiling ratings it would be due to not going all the way in the playoffs every single season during his prime development. I looked at the ceilings of entire leagues of players and NO player ever reached their full ceiling ratings. Ever player was at least 2-3 ratings away in every coach-able stat, most were 4-5 away. Game appearances is the #1 factor for getting your player developed properly, followed by coach rating as far as I can tell.
11/30/2017 1:12 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.