2 quick dumb ?? bout salary and decision engine Topic

1. i've seen the salary updates, and read lots of the related forum material. that being said, i'm interested in the net effect; rather, is the salary universe inflationary as the limited data seems to suggest (the top 100 + vs top 100-), or perhaps there are a substantially larger set of minuses... do the reductions and additions net out to $0.?

2. i've been trying to pull up the old decision engine discussions, and alot of the links are broken. In the new era of adjustable salaries, i'd like to revisit the source material about how WIS works thru the process, especially the pitching vs. hitting %, and the decision tree bout strikes vs balls...

any feedback would be welcome. if someone has recently answered/re-answered these queries, i apologize in advance.
7/9/2016 9:40 PM
1. The net is close to 0. schwarze documented this in a thread after both the first and second updates. I do not have a link for it handy but you should be able to find it if you search.
7/9/2016 9:59 PM
My understanding is that this is a net zero overall impact with many more very small incremental reductions and very few large increases. The more frequently a player is used the greater the increase in salary, generally speaking.
7/9/2016 10:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by gbakker on 7/9/2016 10:05:00 PM (view original):
My understanding is that this is a net zero overall impact with many more very small incremental reductions and very few large increases. The more frequently a player is used the greater the increase in salary, generally speaking.
So i just wanna confirm, if a player is used, their salary is gonna increase, even if they're used once? Cuz, if that's true, I'd rather go back to the old system
7/30/2016 7:46 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 7/30/2016 7:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gbakker on 7/9/2016 10:05:00 PM (view original):
So i just wanna confirm, if a player is used, their salary is gonna increase, even if they're used once? Cuz, if that's true, I'd rather go back to the old system
That might happen only if there are very few leagues run in a period, because that would be imply the "average usage" is between 0 and 1 use. A player's salary remains flat if their usage is equal to the average usage for a player, increases with above-average use, and decreases with below-average use.
7/30/2016 11:29 AM
2 quick dumb ?? bout salary and decision engine Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.