Hello everyone, I am almost alone in MWC Allen. If people like to join that conference, the Baseline prestige is not bad, depending on where you land, if you get UNLV, well, you are certainly in a top mid-major program but other schools are pretty interesting.

I don't plan to leave. I will be there until we jump to BETA for sure.

New Mexico is a great place.TCU too. San Diego State, Wyoming, name it. It's the place to land!
7/11/2016 8:55 PM
come over to the summit league - a bunch of pretty good coaches - ranked sixth in conference rpi last time and a few seasons ago we were even higher. Get out of that mostly simmy conference!
7/11/2016 9:18 PM
you forget it makes more sense in the future to not be in a filled conference...
7/11/2016 10:34 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/11/2016 10:34:00 PM (view original):
you forget it makes more sense in the future to not be in a filled conference...
I hope not, I truly do. But I am staying at Utah because it's a great mid-major. Hopefully, some people join MWC.
7/11/2016 10:52 PM
is that right? have not paid attention to that aspect of the new game

i know postseason money is gone, but dont you need reasonably good in conference opponents to build resume for a bid?

whats the thinking on being in empty, full or mixed conference?
7/12/2016 5:52 AM
Posted by mamxet on 7/12/2016 5:52:00 AM (view original):
is that right? have not paid attention to that aspect of the new game

i know postseason money is gone, but dont you need reasonably good in conference opponents to build resume for a bid?

whats the thinking on being in empty, full or mixed conference?
You can just play all sim conf and win your CT to get a bid. Also you can play a strong non conf and beef up your SOS. Win 8 games in non conf and then 16 games in conf and you got yourself a pretty high seed.

Without post season cash there is less incentive to be in a super conf. You also will have an easier job recruiting if youre in a location all by yourself which you will likely have in an empty conf.

Edit: this is my perspective on D3. Might be different for D1.
7/12/2016 7:18 AM (edited)
Bemis - all this is true (mostly) and long well know...., but aside from elimination of postseason $ what CHANGES with the new game?

the sense in which this is mostly true from my experience is

1. at DI, lots of conferences - like the Summit - are quite spread out, so the location issue does not apply (some confs)

2. at DI, playing in an all SIM conference and scheduling tough out of conference can be a high risk path - a couple of upsets can knock down your RPI and projection rather badly

7/12/2016 7:45 AM
Well the other change is that recruiting nationally may be harder in the system at D3. So if I'm in an empty location it gives me an advantage over a full location. If teams are close like in a lot of D3 conferences. Maybe it isn't huge but certainly wouldn't be a help to my recruiting to be near a lot of good coaches.
7/12/2016 7:56 AM
that makes good sense at D3 - was always a factor and the new game may make it more of a factor.

at D1, some conferences are compact - but some like Summit are widely spread - check it out
7/12/2016 8:12 AM
I could be wrong and feel free to disagree but I'd think that postseason cash is just more important at D3 because the budgets are so small. This means to do FSS and send scouting trips, you need to use a significant portion of your total budget. If you get say 4 grand in bonus money, I can now use that to scout and spend my base on purely recruiting. It helps a lot.
7/12/2016 8:36 AM
The postseason cash needs to be in the game in BETA... I mean, if you want strong conférences, you need incentives.
7/12/2016 9:31 AM
Generally most of the high seeds are from strong conferences. That's because they all play a bunch of good teams in conference.

There are examples like my Elon team that can do somewhat well in D1 without a strong conference but there is a cap to how high you can go, I'm in a conference with all sims. I was 5th in the projection report when it first came out (can't do much better than that) , but now with 3 games left in conference play I am 24th (still decent) and I'm still undefeated. That's where it gets bad for people without strong conference, I had a pretty hard non con and I dominated it, then my crappy conference screwed it up for me. There's a BYU team who started off behind me in the projection report by a good bit, but he has some decent guys in his conference and he is now 11th in the projection report.

There are conferences like my NJAC in Wooden, who have done really well while all recruiting from the same tiny state (New Jersey). We use our bonus cash to scout other states, and to extend our reach a bit. If they got rid of bonus cash our conference would be ruined and the only conferences able to have a good conference will be ones like University conference who are so spread out it dosn't matter.

7/12/2016 9:59 AM
CAMER just took Texas Christian. So we are really happy at MWC to get a third coach. We are currently building up, so next season, everyone in Allen, pencil MWC. UNLV is free. Great spot.

And we will start a rivalry against Summit once we are built! Carson and Bunch, and Tarv will bow to UTAH!
7/15/2016 12:25 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.