why does my 1 qb keep getting sacked like it's going out of style?
7/12/2016 3:00 PM
I'm taking a wild shot in the dark here. At first I would think it was fatigue because you only have eight linemen and despite all of your blowouts, only two subs have earned enough playing time for 2 starts. But then I saw your last game and almost all sacks were in shotgun. I don't know what your shotgun formation looks like but you might want to keep your tight end in to help block? Are you throwing a lot of middle, deep or long passes where there could be more coverage sacks? You probably already have experimented with a lot of this. When all else fails, you lost a lot of coin flips.
7/12/2016 3:42 PM
That's the advantage of Trips vs Shotgun. You can keep your RB in the backfield to help block if needed.
7/12/2016 3:48 PM
I havent looked at your team to know if this even applies but gi, Elu, and formation iq all play a part in my opinion. You way be low on one or more of those.
7/12/2016 5:18 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 7/12/2016 3:48:00 PM (view original):
That's the advantage of Trips vs Shotgun. You can keep your RB in the backfield to help block if needed.
not to say this is wrong, but possibly one of those situations where we assume the game works one way but since there aren't actual players running around in your computer, your real life assumptions can be wrong. if anyone has sack data for the same team running trips v shotgun i'd like to see it.

7/12/2016 7:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ebel331 on 7/12/2016 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 7/12/2016 3:48:00 PM (view original):
not to say this is wrong, but possibly one of those situations where we assume the game works one way but since there aren't actual players running around in your computer, your real life assumptions can be wrong. if anyone has sack data for the same team running trips v shotgun i'd like to see it.

Agree
7/12/2016 8:01 PM
also, lol@ 'my sack'
Before reading it I thought it was going to be a medical question
7/12/2016 8:02 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 7/12/2016 5:18:00 PM (view original):
I havent looked at your team to know if this even applies but gi, Elu, and formation iq all play a part in my opinion. You way be low on one or more of those.
I agree with spcbuzzard on GI EL but add SPD, and ATH. I have found that my better QBs are high in these values( staying away from getting sacked )

ATH augments all others but no one and I mean no one knows exactly how ATH does the augmentation.

Don't send a ticket in it is a waist of time because THEY WILL LAUGH AT YOU TILL THEY CRY.
7/12/2016 8:24 PM
Posted by fermor332002 on 7/12/2016 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by spcbuzzard on 7/12/2016 5:18:00 PM (view original):
I agree with spcbuzzard on GI EL but add SPD, and ATH. I have found that my better QBs are high in these values( staying away from getting sacked )

ATH augments all others but no one and I mean no one knows exactly how ATH does the augmentation.

Don't send a ticket in it is a waist of time because THEY WILL LAUGH AT YOU TILL THEY CRY.
I agree with the ath as well but the speed only seems to help when the Qb scrambles. Atleast that has been my experience.
7/12/2016 9:28 PM
I also look at the receiving corps. If you are thin at WR and are playing fatigued, or just don't have good WR/TE/RB, QB has to hold ball longer because no one is getting open.
7/13/2016 11:01 AM
ATH is the biggest factor in determining how often your QB will get sacked...in my opinion.

However, I don't think ATH is something you need to worry about with this discussion. Both of your starting QB's, have decent ATH for division 2. So, anything abnormal isn't a result of low athleticism.

Instead, look at two other factors. One, both of your QB's GI is in the 50's. To me, that is low for a junior or senior QB in D2. I would want that to at least be in the 60's. Game instinct effects how long the QB takes to release the ball and how quickly he can make the correct decision. Now, that factor alone isn't why I believe you're seeing an increase in sacks. On top of having low GI, it also appears that you are targeting receivers on long/deep passes, frequently. Again, it is possible that the game logic doesn't delve this deep. However, the argument I would make is that it is taking those receivers extra time to run their route, naturally forcing the QB to take longer to throw, and the low GI is adding even more time to the release and decision making. So, those two factors combined with each other would seem to produce a high sack statistic.
7/13/2016 11:49 AM
Posted by soupyjoe on 7/12/2016 8:02:00 PM (view original):
also, lol@ 'my sack'
Before reading it I thought it was going to be a medical question
lol nice. thanks for all the input. I'm learning
7/13/2016 11:52 AM
Posted by cjsweat on 7/13/2016 11:49:00 AM (view original):
ATH is the biggest factor in determining how often your QB will get sacked...in my opinion.

However, I don't think ATH is something you need to worry about with this discussion. Both of your starting QB's, have decent ATH for division 2. So, anything abnormal isn't a result of low athleticism.

Instead, look at two other factors. One, both of your QB's GI is in the 50's. To me, that is low for a junior or senior QB in D2. I would want that to at least be in the 60's. Game instinct effects how long the QB takes to release the ball and how quickly he can make the correct decision. Now, that factor alone isn't why I believe you're seeing an increase in sacks. On top of having low GI, it also appears that you are targeting receivers on long/deep passes, frequently. Again, it is possible that the game logic doesn't delve this deep. However, the argument I would make is that it is taking those receivers extra time to run their route, naturally forcing the QB to take longer to throw, and the low GI is adding even more time to the release and decision making. So, those two factors combined with each other would seem to produce a high sack statistic.
My two cents worth completely agrees with CJ's analysis.
7/13/2016 2:08 PM
thanks for all the help.

on a side note, I've played 10 games and my QBs have combined for 14 starts. no wonder they get sacked so much
7/13/2016 9:29 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.