World shut downs Topic

Can I get a date for world shut downs so I'm not locked in for two months? And could that be in the middle of football season so I can not miss hd?

Im pretty upset that (from what I hear) that it's gonna take more time to recruit. I think that the recruiting as it sits is ok. I think that there should be a few changes but not all in season changes and camps and things. I guess I'm in the minority here. Subtitle changes are great but to overhaul the system? I don't know 11 years playing the game maybe it's passing me by.

Just let me know when this is going to happen so I can make an easy split
7/13/2016 8:22 AM
I wish we knew.

But I also hope that seble takes his time and continues the beta until key features are handled.
7/13/2016 9:39 AM
I think we are still weeks away.

7/13/2016 9:57 AM
seble may speed things up, but right now the beta world is set to end 8/1. I doubt we'll actually take that long to finish up the beta world but like trentonjoe said, I think we are still weeks away, perhaps a month or two.

I'm not sure how many more beta seasons there will be. This is season 3. It seems like he is planning on at least one more beta season.

7/13/2016 2:32 PM
Posted by joco45215 on 7/13/2016 8:22:00 AM (view original):
Can I get a date for world shut downs so I'm not locked in for two months? And could that be in the middle of football season so I can not miss hd?

Im pretty upset that (from what I hear) that it's gonna take more time to recruit. I think that the recruiting as it sits is ok. I think that there should be a few changes but not all in season changes and camps and things. I guess I'm in the minority here. Subtitle changes are great but to overhaul the system? I don't know 11 years playing the game maybe it's passing me by.

Just let me know when this is going to happen so I can make an easy split
This pretty well sums it up for me as well, right down to the 11 years thing.
7/13/2016 2:34 PM
but think of the new coaches!
7/13/2016 2:38 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/13/2016 2:38:00 PM (view original):
but think of the new coaches!
They will love you theOnlyis! you will lead them to the promise land!
7/13/2016 9:13 PM
I am totally guessing but I think we have at least 1 more beta season so I'm gonna say its not going to be until September.
7/13/2016 9:25 PM
yeah I agree Benis. I think seble was all gun-ho to get this out, but received so much negative feedback that the release will probably be a few more months. he'll still have a announce a date and let all worlds finish up which will be about a month from the date he announces the release.
7/13/2016 9:33 PM
It may not be the negative feedback exactly. There has also been on a ton of constructive criticism and its changed a bunch along the way. Its not what everyone wants but its what we are getting and its not all bad. Like everything, some will like it and some won't. I'm not sure which group will be bigger at the end of the day.

With regards to timing, we are just realizing how interlinked everything is. Change one thing and it impacts 3 other things. These unintended consequences are popping up and need to be figured out before launching or else it really will be a failure.
7/13/2016 9:42 PM
Posted by da_bearsss on 7/13/2016 9:33:00 PM (view original):
yeah I agree Benis. I think seble was all gun-ho to get this out, but received so much negative feedback that the release will probably be a few more months. he'll still have a announce a date and let all worlds finish up which will be about a month from the date he announces the release.
For what it's worth, shutdown won't occur at the end of the season, it'll occur immediately after Old Recruiting concludes in each world. Once all the worlds are just past recruiting and paused simultaneously, they'll flip the switch to install New Recruiting (which takes place in part during the season). Then they'll staggered-restart the worlds.

So you'll play part of the season under the old regime and part under the new.
7/13/2016 10:20 PM

These unintended consequences are popping up and need to be figured out before launching or else it really will be a failure.

7/13/2016 10:21 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/13/2016 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by da_bearsss on 7/13/2016 9:33:00 PM (view original):
For what it's worth, shutdown won't occur at the end of the season, it'll occur immediately after Old Recruiting concludes in each world. Once all the worlds are just past recruiting and paused simultaneously, they'll flip the switch to install New Recruiting (which takes place in part during the season). Then they'll staggered-restart the worlds.

So you'll play part of the season under the old regime and part under the new.
Not exactly.
7/13/2016 10:23 PM
From reading, it's too bad it's such a major change.

So I could see, even with me, a lot of loss of clients just to shake things up due to static recruiting...

"Boredom is the cause of the advancement of the human race, but also war and the downfall of mankind." Spoon2
7/13/2016 10:23 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/13/2016 9:42:00 PM (view original):
It may not be the negative feedback exactly. There has also been on a ton of constructive criticism and its changed a bunch along the way. Its not what everyone wants but its what we are getting and its not all bad. Like everything, some will like it and some won't. I'm not sure which group will be bigger at the end of the day.

With regards to timing, we are just realizing how interlinked everything is. Change one thing and it impacts 3 other things. These unintended consequences are popping up and need to be figured out before launching or else it really will be a failure.
Well put. It's been a very productive beta and seble has been admirably responsive to user concerns.
7/13/2016 10:24 PM
1234 Next ▸
World shut downs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.