World shut downs Topic

Posted by CoachSpud on 7/13/2016 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/13/2016 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by da_bearsss on 7/13/2016 9:33:00 PM (view original):
yeah I agree Benis. I think seble was all gun-ho to get this out, but received so much negative feedback that the release will probably be a few more months. he'll still have a announce a date and let all worlds finish up which will be about a month from the date he announces the release.
For what it's worth, shutdown won't occur at the end of the season, it'll occur immediately after Old Recruiting concludes in each world. Once all the worlds are just past recruiting and paused simultaneously, they'll flip the switch to install New Recruiting (which takes place in part during the season). Then they'll staggered-restart the worlds.

So you'll play part of the season under the old regime and part under the new.
Not exactly.
If I'm wrong, I'd sincerely like to know how. I don't want to spread misinformation.
7/13/2016 10:25 PM
Its what I read as well. No one really likes the idea but seble said he doesn't know how we could avoid it.
7/13/2016 10:37 PM
"If I'm wrong, I'd sincerely like to know how. I don't want to spread misinformation."

Same here. I tried to find where Seble described the plans for pausing each world, but I couldn't find it. Maybe he'll see this and renew the post telling his shut-down plans.
7/13/2016 10:43 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/13/2016 10:37:00 PM (view original):
Its what I read as well. No one really likes the idea but seble said he doesn't know how we could avoid it.
(withdrawn)
7/13/2016 10:54 PM (edited)
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/13/2016 10:43:00 PM (view original):
"If I'm wrong, I'd sincerely like to know how. I don't want to spread misinformation."

Same here. I tried to find where Seble described the plans for pausing each world, but I couldn't find it. Maybe he'll see this and renew the post telling his shut-down plans.
Dev Chat
7/13/2016 10:44 PM
How long do you predict it will be until all worlds are changed to new update? (whitey34 - All-Star - 11:18 AM)
The plan is that once we're ready for release, we'll pause each world after the recruiting period. Once all worlds have been paused, we'll release the update and convert some data to the new structure. Then we'll restart worlds in the order of pausing to keep them spaced out.

Earlier you mentioned that worlds will be paused so all receive the update at the same time - does this mean worlds will be delayed up to a month? (dal8847 - Hall of Famer - 12:15 PM)
Yes, there will be a delay involved. There's no other realistic way to do it.
7/13/2016 10:50 PM
Yup, just found that in the dev chat. You were right. My bad.
7/13/2016 10:54 PM
Could they run things on a separate server rather than pause all worlds? I'm really dreading the time off/wondering how many people the pause alone will cost the game...
7/14/2016 9:10 AM
that has been mentioned, but seble has not taken it up - I believe that such an approach is not in the cards - reflecting the level of Fox support for this product
7/14/2016 9:32 AM
I don't know if it is a Fox support problem or exactly why they couldn't run two servers or a partioned server. I would ASSUME they are doing that with the Beta and the present system already.
7/14/2016 9:43 AM
the natural next step after running two servers or a partitioned server for the transition would be the proposal to leave the old system for some worlds

I'm thinking Classic HD in Naismith (the first world) and a couple others

And NuHD in the rest.

Then watch what happens......

7/14/2016 9:53 AM
Posted by metsmax on 7/14/2016 9:53:00 AM (view original):
the natural next step after running two servers or a partitioned server for the transition would be the proposal to leave the old system for some worlds

And NuHD in the rest.

I would be Very Happy with that..but realistically realize that it will be Beta and nothing else.
7/14/2016 9:57 AM
Posted by metsmax on 7/14/2016 9:53:00 AM (view original):

And NuHD in the rest.

I practically begged them to do this when they rolled out "potential" but was told it was impossible.
7/14/2016 10:21 AM
So wait...I'm at Duquesne in Knight right now and having a lot of success. Should I make the jump up and try and bigger D1 program while I can instead of building if the worlds are going to be shut down?
7/14/2016 10:43 AM
regardless you have to wait and you'll miss the first period of recruiting at whatever new school you go to if you move after the updates.

depends which you will think might be easier to rebuild in current or updated and are fine not getting your own guys right away
7/14/2016 11:36 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
World shut downs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.