World shut downs Topic

Shane you've done an excellent job. If you can get a Big Six team, make the move, don't worry about the prestige once you get there. The only team I would not take is Hawaii.
7/14/2016 12:06 PM
Kansas State, Arizona State, West Virginia are also some good ones to avoid you should defnitely make it to a low big 6 next season with another NT
7/14/2016 12:10 PM
I had fun at Hawaii. Wonder what the new game will mean for Hawaii - easier to recruit on mainland???
7/14/2016 1:22 PM
Posted by metsmax on 7/14/2016 9:32:00 AM (view original):
that has been mentioned, but seble has not taken it up - I believe that such an approach is not in the cards - reflecting the level of Fox support for this product
I think the problem is that there are just enough linkages through all 10 worlds (user records and rewards, non-duplicated recruit generation, maybe others) that the expense of running and coordinating and eventually merging parallel universes wouldn't be worth the hassle.

And of course they know a month of shutdown will be a PR nightmare, so the alternatives must be genuinely awful.
7/14/2016 1:23 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/14/2016 1:22:00 PM (view original):
I had fun at Hawaii. Wonder what the new game will mean for Hawaii - easier to recruit on mainland???
ask gomiami i don't think he is enjoying it or at least not making it sound like its easy
7/14/2016 1:52 PM
I'm confused, I apologize. Will the world I'm currently in and the history of it be deleted forever soon?
7/14/2016 2:27 PM
no it will stay
7/14/2016 2:28 PM
it is not the end of the worlds as we know them
7/14/2016 2:57 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/14/2016 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 7/14/2016 1:22:00 PM (view original):
ask gomiami i don't think he is enjoying it or at least not making it sound like its easy
I think i is up in the air as of now. One plus is that you can recruit anyone, so you can go after that 5 star player that you may not have qualified for before. However, if they keep a 20 HV limit, the distance advantage is now gone. That rule probably hurts Hawaii more than any other team. The 20 HV limit is an experiment though, and I don't think it is going to work. You still have a big advantage in cost though, so I am not sure how much a team will be willing to make 20 HVs to Hawaii. And if you are at Hawaii and your preferences match well, you should be able to land some players you could not even recruit in the current game. I have Hawaii in one world, so I am wondering this too.
7/14/2016 4:02 PM
I've heard him say scouting was very very hard because it was much more expensive to scout this version than just using FSS in current hd
7/14/2016 4:04 PM
Posted by joco45215 on 7/13/2016 8:22:00 AM (view original):
Can I get a date for world shut downs so I'm not locked in for two months? And could that be in the middle of football season so I can not miss hd?

Im pretty upset that (from what I hear) that it's gonna take more time to recruit. I think that the recruiting as it sits is ok. I think that there should be a few changes but not all in season changes and camps and things. I guess I'm in the minority here. Subtitle changes are great but to overhaul the system? I don't know 11 years playing the game maybe it's passing me by.

Just let me know when this is going to happen so I can make an easy split
lets make the shutdown during (fantasy) football season!

(that was not a joke but a serious suggestion)
7/15/2016 1:36 PM
At this point, it would be nuts not to have the worlds back up and running when the RL college basketball season starts. A well-timed one or two week hiatus in September (Football, college football) might be fine. Helpful to remember, if you had a team in every world (or the first and last worlds paused), your HD downtime might be as little as 1 day.
7/15/2016 2:14 PM
I think there are many fewer people now with teams in all or near all worlds than once upon a time. At maximum, I was in seven worlds. Went down to four a while ago. In the runup to nuHD, I have cut down to two. For most participants, there will be substantial downtime.

I think it is fortunate that seble doesnt appear to be in a rush - much to be solved and fixed in the beta
7/15/2016 4:56 PM
Well he made a change with the letter grades that was a huge problem I had voiced from the beginning I'm glad he might be finally coming to his senses, now if they can work on not making recruiting so "random" it's a game it's gonna be formulated no matter what I'd rather have that than randomness because you can't emulate how a recruit in real life makes choices with numbers and codes, because preference is what I assume a multiplier on AP spent. I don't think people understand that the only way to not make it "gamed" is just a shot in the dark random signings.

I'm down from 15 to 6 and will be 4 after Smith cycles
7/15/2016 5:00 PM
So with 7 one-a-day worlds, and a 45 earth day HD season, each world should be re-activated 6 or 7 days apart or so. That'll be good to remove any recruiting overlap. Not sure how long 2-a-day world seasons are in earth days.
7/15/2016 5:01 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
World shut downs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.