World shut downs Topic

Recruiting overlap? Are you in the Beta? That's going to be impossible to avoid. Folks wanted year round recruiting (god knows why!?), now they got it.
You won't be recruiting coming out of the gate. It'll be straight to exhibitions. So, I'd guess every 3-4 days.
7/16/2016 8:47 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/14/2016 4:04:00 PM (view original):
I've heard him say scouting was very very hard because it was much more expensive to scout this version than just using FSS in current hd
talking about Hawaii. I was looking at it again this morning. I think Hawaii may be a great location. I notice gomiami has a 5 star guy considering only him early on.

Just looking, and the cost to recruit there from the states is $1,000 for a HV. I have 5 openings, and my whole budget is $20k, so if I wanted to try for a player there, and knew that Hawaii wanted him too, I'd have to spend my whole budget on HVs, and I would not even have enough for a CV, which would be $1700. The only chance someone would have is if they matched up really well and had a lot higher prestige, but I bet they'd still have to do at least 10 HVs and blow half their budget. Right now, with my current Hawaii team, I can't even recruit the occasional 5 star guy that comes along because my prestige is not high enough yet. Which is really painful to experience.

To even do 20 HVs and a CV on a close player, under 100 miles is around $4700, so if someone had 5 openings, and a high prestige, they'd have to go all in for 3 top players at max, to feel a reasonable chance of success, and even then, with the 20 HV limit, they are more likely to face competition, even from lower prestige schools that match up well. Plus, because in a close battle any of the close schools could sign that player, I think it's really important to reserve some cash for a backup option, and it's important to have backup options already unlocked so that you can jump right in to another battle right away if the guy you are targeting goes to another school. The point being, I don't think people are going to want to battle a strong Hawaii team. Of course the flip side is that 5 star guys only come along every few years, and often there are no really good players there.

Scouting is more expensive in the states, but it's all equal for internationals, so I think the strategy for Hawaii is about the same as now - get the talent on the island, and scout internationals and go after them. But at least now, the local talent is all available. And one more advantage to the beta is that you can use AP alone to recruit in the states, which are free, so in this respect there is no distance disadvantage, although you'd still need to do some HVs if the guy is good.
7/16/2016 10:04 AM (edited)
Posted by rogelio on 7/16/2016 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Recruiting overlap? Are you in the Beta? That's going to be impossible to avoid. Folks wanted year round recruiting (god knows why!?), now they got it.
You won't be recruiting coming out of the gate. It'll be straight to exhibitions. So, I'd guess every 3-4 days.
right, that's true, the overlaps will happen. but i'm thinking of it like the first day for contacting recruits will now be staggered 6 or 7 days apart. good point though about season-long scouting/recruiting making the stagger a little less relevant.
7/16/2016 10:31 AM
yay now instead of requiring 10 minutes a day for gameplanning and 25 minutes ~every month to scout I'm now expected to scout everyday and recruit more often!!!! yay not having a life

anyone who gets bored doesn't understand this is a game we spend hours doing(unless of course you want to) if you want to have something like that go play nba 2k where you can play as much as you want whenever you want....

if it wasn't clear forcing people to be on more and spend more time at minimum wasn't a great idea........
7/16/2016 11:09 AM
Only...Jeez! Yes, if the Beta version that you saw or that is currently available were rolled out, then it'd be that, but there are finally a few adjustments being made to make sorting through data much easier. That's the key.

I expect you'll need to sign up for a camp, then search States via the service, then run a hosted camp, then you'll have a week or two to sit down and sort through the results and scout recruits individually. That will still be instant, recruiting actions will be delayed. You'd be able to complete scouting in about 30 minutes the day before recruiting starts.

Admittedly, the sorting functions need to be in place, but that's what computers are good at. I think that will end up being manageable.

I might still complain if preferences are left with too much weight on final decisions. However, it's still not impossible to get a workable product in a relatively short time. Maybe one more beta season, preferably two.
7/16/2016 11:48 AM
Posted by rogelio on 7/16/2016 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Only...Jeez! Yes, if the Beta version that you saw or that is currently available were rolled out, then it'd be that, but there are finally a few adjustments being made to make sorting through data much easier. That's the key.

I expect you'll need to sign up for a camp, then search States via the service, then run a hosted camp, then you'll have a week or two to sit down and sort through the results and scout recruits individually. That will still be instant, recruiting actions will be delayed. You'd be able to complete scouting in about 30 minutes the day before recruiting starts.

Admittedly, the sorting functions need to be in place, but that's what computers are good at. I think that will end up being manageable.

I might still complain if preferences are left with too much weight on final decisions. However, it's still not impossible to get a workable product in a relatively short time. Maybe one more beta season, preferably two.
Rogelio, I think the only preference that do not make sense Rogelio is perimeter or interior offense. It needs to be neutral to very good... Or get rid of it. I am very bad in perimeter offense and it really kills my chances on some good guards. I am experiencing the product at Arizona State.

But I do agree, the adjustments made are making me optimistic.
7/16/2016 11:51 AM
Agreed on perimeter/interior. The only reason I have an "interior" team is because I have no one that can shoot from range! Kinda sucks to have a preference in place that makes it harder to sign that perimeter player.

We probably should make a topic of that perversity.
7/16/2016 11:55 AM
so you mean another thing i brought up in the beginning about preferences seems to hurt schools just like I said they would.... i'm shocked.... just like I said with scouting letter grades, what happens seble comes to his senses and realized he implemented them terribly... now to just make the scouting levels actually strategic and not just useless barriers.....
7/16/2016 1:05 PM
Know what is an effective way to communicate? How about throwing a month long tantrum and insulting everyone you can. How's that going so far?
7/16/2016 10:45 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm undecided on whether I'll continue to play once it's implemented. I honestly got so bored with the test world, I haven't checked in, in weeks.

Seble has totally neglected the HD community for years and now wants to make a huge change, a change which doesn't meet everyone's needs. And frankly all the work that's been put into the overhaul in recruiting is really unnecessary. I know what he's trying to do, but feel he's approaching it the wrong way. Small fixes that would keep everyone happy, like improving job logic, getting rid of all of those ridiculous 90-90 Ath/Def guys at D-1, maybe even slightly increase the firing rate. Provide some sort of balance to the ratings. Last time I check, offense is much more exciting than elite athletic defenders or maybe I'm wrong.
7/16/2016 10:14 PM
Posted by zorzii on 7/14/2016 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Shane you've done an excellent job. If you can get a Big Six team, make the move, don't worry about the prestige once you get there. The only team I would not take is Hawaii.
Hawaii is starting to look like a nice option in Beta.
7/17/2016 3:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1234
World shut downs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.