Take over my 2-time defending champ team... Topic

I have to cut back on HBD activity so am looking for a new owner for my (going for 3-peat) NY Mets in Kinsella (we're about to start playoff round 2).

The team's getting a little age on it but should be good to contend for several more years. We were 3rd in scoring in the NL this year with a balanced attack that saw 9 players hit double-figure homers (in a very low-scoring season) . LF Kiko Robbins (43 HR), C Francisco Alvarez (.940 OPS), and 1B Lawrence Urich (.298/23/82) were the offensive standouts.

Good as the offense was, it's pitching that has defined this era of the Kinsella-world Mets. Paced by Likely CY-winner Endy Miller (20-3, 1.62) the Mets posted a team ERA of 2.93, just a shade below the Giants' league-leading 2.90. We also got the usual stellar contributions from face-of-the-franchise SP Sammy Quinones (14-7, 2.96), Rico Marrero (13-4, 2.12 - his playoff absence will really hurt, but he'll be back as good as new next year), and this year's FA gem Ty Grabow (5 wins, 15 saves, 1.89 in 81 innings).

Kinsella has a very high quality of play and low owner turnover. There is a MWR (at ML level) of 54 for 1 season and 120 for 2 seasons. Rather than getting booted, owners who miss the MWR forfeit the following season's #1 draft choice. There is also a minor-league minimum winning percentage of .250, and the penalty for missing that is forfeiture of $4mm form the following season's budget (each instance).

If you have questions about the MWR's or anything else, sitemail me (blanch13). Overeasy is the commish of Kinsella...if you don't have any questions and know you want the team, just sm him directly.
7/13/2016 9:35 PM
Take over my 2-time defending champ team... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.