Goals and realisim of Miles C+ perstige Topic

Posted by cubcub113 on 7/15/2016 1:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/15/2016 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/15/2016 12:11:00 PM (view original):
not for at least a few seasons, talent isn't there on the team and you need to work on coaching and recruiting first, you just want to aim to recruit players that can win some games first
So if I make the national tourney or pti this season will my perstige go to B- next season?
trust me, you wont...

sorry
How many National tourney bids do I need to get it to B-? Its a C+ perstige so I assume it won't take much.
7/15/2016 1:19 PM
One. Maybe a PIt does it.

I am a Miles believer Coach.
7/15/2016 1:37 PM
Posted by rogelio on 7/15/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/14/2016 5:52:00 PM (view original):
I am going to set goals in my 10 season tenured and it first starts with my first ever conference tourney championship! I would like to accomplish it as soon as possible. In my 10 season tenured here at Miles do I accomplish a A+ perstige or not? If I make the national tourney every season is that possible or the pti to say atleast? It shouldn't take 10 seasons to rewrite my record on here so I am going to start on that ASAP.

I have to go through Flordia Gulf Coast to get my first ever championship. Its been a hard long journey of 7 months no postseason play and no experience in the post season. I expect to change that immeditely, so the question is what team should I focus on building a ATH DEF team? What formations I should run during my tenured at Miles? If I should change it up every 4 years to be unperdictable? Should I build a pure scoring fest team? A per def team? Should I build my bigs lineup and expolit the inside on sims?

Thanks for the input everything is deeply appreciated.
Winning the CT gets you nothing, except into the NT. Prestige, at D2, means little except to limit which recruits you "see" or can pull down. So, ignore it. Building a team that consistently gets to the Sweet 16 is always the goal. Why? Because the lowers your cost to play to near $0. Therefore, your goals should be as follows:
  1. Get to the NT every season.
  2. On average, win 2 NT games each season.
How do you do that?
  1. You don't need to "build an ATH DEF team". However, you do need to understand that guys that are weak, cannot jump, and have no interest in moving their feet on defense are liabilities. There I said it. So, Rescind the scholarships of Mims & Anderson...immediately!
  2. However, revising my statement from the other thread, hang on to Morris until the cycle before the signings start. If you are doing well in recruiting, then cut him just before the signings start. If you are struggling, or you find a very good Junior guard that you want to sign and start, then keep Morris.
  3. Understand that I am only refraining from telling you to cut Liebowitz because he is a senior and it wont benefit you to cut him.
  4. After you cut Mims & Anderson, notice that your team has good IQ in Man and a minimum of C- in Press! So, you may be able to run press/man at the end of games when you are behind. In no way should you switch to zone or press (full time). Triangle & Man is fine.
  5. Starting lineup Guard: a guy not yet on your team; Guard: Spratt; SF: Dietz; Post: Frantz & Cave. Note: depending on your opponent you can flip Frantz & Cave between C & PF. Likewise with Spratt & the guy not yet on your team at the guard spots.
  6. In recruiting, the one must-have is that starting guard and developmental post player. You get to offer the guard a start and 25 minutes! The post player probably only 15 minutes.
  7. Prefer walk-ons to recruits that can't help you. With 5 seniors graduating, you want 1 walkon. Don't ask why, just do it. So, if you have 2 openings and cut only the 2 I mentioned at the start, then you only want the Starting Guard, Developmental Post player and 1 other (possible redshirt or ineligible).
  8. Scheduling for next season, do not schedule more than 2 or 3 human-coached teams for next season. Miles will need wins more than SOS.
Circling back, at D3, a coach can overwhelm other teams by just building an ATH/DEF/ FT monster. At D2, you are better off just putting a floor on ATH & DEF for the recruits you target and building a mix of players that do different things for you by position. Think of it as just not allowing too much of a gap between your player's ATH rating and your opponent's. No need to ignore everything else, but a guy like Mims 34/16 is just not a D2 player. That's a D3 contributor...but not one you really want.

So, this is my lineup!!!!
pg: Sg: Sf: Pf: C:
1. S.Spratt 1. none 1. R.Dietz 1. P.Cave 1. R.Frantz
2. E.Spinella 2. T.Morris ?! 2. R. Kacerski 2. V.Liebowtiz 2. V. Liebowtiz
3. none 3. R.Dietz 3. P.Cave 3. R.Dietz 3. P.Cave
4. none 4. none 4. none 4. R.Frantz 4. none

So my question is since T.Morris is low on potential do I cut him as well. I can always use either some players who don't get playing time as backup or use my 1. and 2. as backup at small foward as backup. You said you want to take a walk-on as well do I take a walk-on this recruting session?
7/15/2016 1:42 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/15/2016 1:19:00 PM (view original):
not for at least a few seasons, talent isn't there on the team and you need to work on coaching and recruiting first, you just want to aim to recruit players that can win some games first
So if I make the national tourney or pti this season will my perstige go to B- next season?
trust me, you wont...

sorry
How many National tourney bids do I need to get it to B-? Its a C+ perstige so I assume it won't take much.
sorry man, did not clarify my answer.

I was saying with the roster you have this year, you wont make the NT and maybe the PI.
7/15/2016 1:43 PM
If you actually follow through and do what I tell you, then yes. You will make the PIT and might slip into the NT...where you will lose your first game.
  1. ______________?? Spinella; Morris; [None]
  2. Spratt; Spinella; Morris; [None]
  3. Dietz; Kacerski; [None]; Liebowitz
  4. Cave; Liebowitz; ____________?; Frantz
  5. Frantz: ______________?; Cave; none.
How far you go depends on finding a guard worth starting. Depending on the ratings, he might be your PG or SG (with Spratt filling either). No shame in keeping Morris, but he's 3rd off the bench or those goals are not attainable. You'll be working from a limited budget to fill a serious position of need.
7/15/2016 2:06 PM
Again, prestige is virtually meaningless at D2. Stop thinking about it.
7/15/2016 2:06 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/15/2016 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/15/2016 1:19:00 PM (view original):
trust me, you wont...

sorry
sorry man, did not clarify my answer.

I was saying with the roster you have this year, you wont make the NT and maybe the PI.
A Pti bid is exactly a goal I have in mind. That would be "ideal" start for this team if I can't get a conference tourney championship. I would rely on a at-large bid. Is 12 wins still the magic# to get a at large bid? Or is that just for the major conferences?
7/15/2016 2:10 PM
Posted by rogelio on 7/15/2016 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Does it help in resume at all?
7/15/2016 2:11 PM
Posted by zorzii on 7/15/2016 1:37:00 PM (view original):
One. Maybe a PIt does it.

I am a Miles believer Coach.
Thanks!!
7/15/2016 2:13 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/15/2016 2:11:00 PM (view original):
No. Stop thinking about it.

If you're asking about your resume already, then your goals aren't really at Miles, are they?
7/15/2016 2:25 PM
If you actually follow through and do what I tell you, then yes. You will make the PIT and might slip into the NT...where you will lose your first game.
How far you go depends on finding a guard worth starting. Depending on the ratings, he might be your PG or SG (with Spratt filling either). No shame in keeping Morris, but he's 3rd off the bench or those goals are not attainable. You'll be working from a limited budget to fill a serious position of need.
1- 1: Sprat
4-2: V.Liebowitz
5-2:V.Liebowitz
7/15/2016 2:31 PM
Posted by rogelio on 7/15/2016 2:26:00 PM (view original):

If you're asking about your resume already, then your goals aren't really at Miles, are they?
I'm setting short term goals in Miles, I am staying for a max "10 seasons" before I decide to leave for division 1 hopefully qualify for big 6 jobs. I followed through with everything you said and answered your blank question marks as I have stated in a previous statement.
7/15/2016 2:34 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/15/2016 2:31:00 PM (view original):
1- 1: Sprat
4-2: V.Liebowitz
5-2:V.Liebowitz
If the guard you find to recruit fits better as a SG and that moves Spratt to PG for you, then fine. I am suggesting that you should try to find a post player that takes away minutes from Liebowitz right away. Even if that's for no other reason than to develop that player for next season.
7/15/2016 2:37 PM
As I think someone has already mentioned in this thread, prestige at D2 -- or D3, for that matter -- really only dictates the quality of player you could pull down. So with A+ prestige you'll have a larger pool of D1 recruits you could potentially pull down. Just remember, D1 recruits aren't always better recruits.
7/15/2016 2:39 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/15/2016 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rogelio on 7/15/2016 2:26:00 PM (view original):

I'm setting short term goals in Miles, I am staying for a max "10 seasons" before I decide to leave for division 1 hopefully qualify for big 6 jobs. I followed through with everything you said and answered your blank question marks as I have stated in a previous statement.
Very good. Now put all that out of your mind. The way to get there is by finding some way to get a guard that keeps you from needing to start Spinella. That might be a freshman, that might be a transfer, that might be a JuCo, but you want someone that has the following characteristics by the end of the 1st season:
  • ATH+SPD > 125
  • DEF > 50
  • BH > 60
  • Pass > 60
That guy gives you a shot at the NT.
7/15/2016 2:46 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Goals and realisim of Miles C+ perstige Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.