Goals and realisim of Miles C+ perstige Topic

I am going to set goals in my 10 season tenured and it first starts with my first ever conference tourney championship! I would like to accomplish it as soon as possible. In my 10 season tenured here at Miles do I accomplish a A+ perstige or not? If I make the national tourney every season is that possible or the pti to say atleast? It shouldn't take 10 seasons to rewrite my record on here so I am going to start on that ASAP.

I have to go through Flordia Gulf Coast to get my first ever championship. Its been a hard long journey of 7 months no postseason play and no experience in the post season. I expect to change that immeditely, so the question is what team should I focus on building a ATH DEF team? What formations I should run during my tenured at Miles? If I should change it up every 4 years to be unperdictable? Should I build a pure scoring fest team? A per def team? Should I build my bigs lineup and expolit the inside on sims?

Thanks for the input everything is deeply appreciated.
7/14/2016 5:52 PM
" should I focus on building a ATH DEF team? " If that's what you understand.

" What formations I should run during my tenured at Miles? " The ones you understand the best.

" If I should change it up every 4 years to be unperdictable? " Certainly not.

" Should I build a pure scoring fest team? A per def team?" No. I thought you said your goal is a Conference Tournament championship and NT ten straight years.

" Should I build my bigs lineup and expolit the inside on sims? " You should not ignore either the paint nor the perimeter. Good luck.
7/14/2016 6:43 PM
You should learn how to make your team better every recruiting period.
7/14/2016 6:54 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/14/2016 6:54:00 PM (view original):
+1
7/14/2016 7:16 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/14/2016 6:43:00 PM (view original):

" What formations I should run during my tenured at Miles? " The ones you understand the best.

" Should I build a pure scoring fest team? A per def team?" No. I thought you said your goal is a Conference Tournament championship and NT ten straight years.

" Should I build my bigs lineup and expolit the inside on sims? " You should not ignore either the paint nor the perimeter. Good luck.
"No. I thought you said your goal is a Conference Tournament championship and NT ten straight years"

I asked that question to see if I can get A+ perstige in 10 seasons its not realistic. My first goal is a conference championship.

You gave me really unhelpful advice, More like Unbiased advice, but there really isn't anything to be biased about its "me" asking for advice which you gave poorly.
7/14/2016 8:03 PM
Ok, so how do I LEARN how to make my team better every recruting period?
7/14/2016 8:06 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/14/2016 8:06:00 PM (view original):
start by looking at other teams who are successful, and see if you can get a feel for the type of players or systems you can use to be successful yourself. after that, the biggest thing is to take the feedback the game gives you. how good did you expect your team to be rebounding wise? how good were they? if they were worse than you thought, you need to adjust how you assess rebounding ability. if they were better than you thought, you still probably need to assess rebounding ability differently. if they were about as good as you thought, but you thought they weren't very good, you need to work on recruiting better rebounders.

it might sound simple, but if you consider the above with respect to a handful of different areas of the game, each season, and really are making the effort to evaluate each area before and after the season, you'll be well on your way. that is basically what i did, on an extreme scale.
7/14/2016 9:10 PM
Shoot for at least 70 for each positions core skills.
7/14/2016 9:57 PM
You listen to what people like spud have been trying to tell you. He did give you helpful advice. Don't try to do any gimmicks if you want to be successful.

It took me 5 seasons to get Grand Valley State from a B- to a A+. This is what I had to do to get it.

1. 2nd round NT B+ prestige
2. 1st round NT B+ prestige
3. 1st round NT B+ Prestige
4. Elite 8 NT A prestige
5. Sweet 16 NT A+ prestige

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=14116

So theoretically could you do it in 10 seasons? yes.
But at the moment your coaching ability is severely lacking , you need to really improve in order to be successful.

If you want to be successful right away you would want to keep the system that is already in place.

There are threads that say the ratings of players that you want to look for at D2. I think it might be in aejones's guide but not sure. Anyway, look for that and see what you want to look for in a player.
7/14/2016 10:08 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/14/2016 5:52:00 PM (view original):
I am going to set goals in my 10 season tenured and it first starts with my first ever conference tourney championship! I would like to accomplish it as soon as possible. In my 10 season tenured here at Miles do I accomplish a A+ perstige or not? If I make the national tourney every season is that possible or the pti to say atleast? It shouldn't take 10 seasons to rewrite my record on here so I am going to start on that ASAP.

I have to go through Flordia Gulf Coast to get my first ever championship. Its been a hard long journey of 7 months no postseason play and no experience in the post season. I expect to change that immeditely, so the question is what team should I focus on building a ATH DEF team? What formations I should run during my tenured at Miles? If I should change it up every 4 years to be unperdictable? Should I build a pure scoring fest team? A per def team? Should I build my bigs lineup and expolit the inside on sims?

Winning the CT gets you nothing, except into the NT. Prestige, at D2, means little except to limit which recruits you "see" or can pull down. So, ignore it. Building a team that consistently gets to the Sweet 16 is always the goal. Why? Because the lowers your cost to play to near $0. Therefore, your goals should be as follows:
  1. Get to the NT every season.
  2. On average, win 2 NT games each season.
How do you do that?
  1. You don't need to "build an ATH DEF team". However, you do need to understand that guys that are weak, cannot jump, and have no interest in moving their feet on defense are liabilities. There I said it. So, Rescind the scholarships of Mims & Anderson...immediately!
  2. However, revising my statement from the other thread, hang on to Morris until the cycle before the signings start. If you are doing well in recruiting, then cut him just before the signings start. If you are struggling, or you find a very good Junior guard that you want to sign and start, then keep Morris.
  3. Understand that I am only refraining from telling you to cut Liebowitz because he is a senior and it wont benefit you to cut him.
  4. After you cut Mims & Anderson, notice that your team has good IQ in Man and a minimum of C- in Press! So, you may be able to run press/man at the end of games when you are behind. In no way should you switch to zone or press (full time). Triangle & Man is fine.
  5. Starting lineup Guard: a guy not yet on your team; Guard: Spratt; SF: Dietz; Post: Frantz & Cave. Note: depending on your opponent you can flip Frantz & Cave between C & PF. Likewise with Spratt & the guy not yet on your team at the guard spots.
  6. In recruiting, the one must-have is that starting guard and developmental post player. You get to offer the guard a start and 25 minutes! The post player probably only 15 minutes.
  7. Prefer walk-ons to recruits that can't help you. With 5 seniors graduating, you want 1 walkon. Don't ask why, just do it. So, if you have 2 openings and cut only the 2 I mentioned at the start, then you only want the Starting Guard, Developmental Post player and 1 other (possible redshirt or ineligible).
  8. Scheduling for next season, do not schedule more than 2 or 3 human-coached teams for next season. Miles will need wins more than SOS.
Circling back, at D3, a coach can overwhelm other teams by just building an ATH/DEF/ FT monster. At D2, you are better off just putting a floor on ATH & DEF for the recruits you target and building a mix of players that do different things for you by position. Think of it as just not allowing too much of a gap between your player's ATH rating and your opponent's. No need to ignore everything else, but a guy like Mims 34/16 is just not a D2 player. That's a D3 contributor...but not one you really want.

7/15/2016 11:39 AM
Posted by rogelio on 7/15/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/14/2016 5:52:00 PM (view original):

Winning the CT gets you nothing, except into the NT. Prestige, at D2, means little except to limit which recruits you "see" or can pull down. So, ignore it. Building a team that consistently gets to the Sweet 16 is always the goal. Why? Because the lowers your cost to play to near $0. Therefore, your goals should be as follows:
  1. Get to the NT every season.
  2. On average, win 2 NT games each season.
How do you do that?
  1. You don't need to "build an ATH DEF team". However, you do need to understand that guys that are weak, cannot jump, and have no interest in moving their feet on defense are liabilities. There I said it. So, Rescind the scholarships of Mims & Anderson...immediately!
  2. However, revising my statement from the other thread, hang on to Morris until the cycle before the signings start. If you are doing well in recruiting, then cut him just before the signings start. If you are struggling, or you find a very good Junior guard that you want to sign and start, then keep Morris.
  3. Understand that I am only refraining from telling you to cut Liebowitz because he is a senior and it wont benefit you to cut him.
  4. After you cut Mims & Anderson, notice that your team has good IQ in Man and a minimum of C- in Press! So, you may be able to run press/man at the end of games when you are behind. In no way should you switch to zone or press (full time). Triangle & Man is fine.
  5. Starting lineup Guard: a guy not yet on your team; Guard: Spratt; SF: Dietz; Post: Frantz & Cave. Note: depending on your opponent you can flip Frantz & Cave between C & PF. Likewise with Spratt & the guy not yet on your team at the guard spots.
  6. In recruiting, the one must-have is that starting guard and developmental post player. You get to offer the guard a start and 25 minutes! The post player probably only 15 minutes.
  7. Prefer walk-ons to recruits that can't help you. With 5 seniors graduating, you want 1 walkon. Don't ask why, just do it. So, if you have 2 openings and cut only the 2 I mentioned at the start, then you only want the Starting Guard, Developmental Post player and 1 other (possible redshirt or ineligible).
  8. Scheduling for next season, do not schedule more than 2 or 3 human-coached teams for next season. Miles will need wins more than SOS.
Circling back, at D3, a coach can overwhelm other teams by just building an ATH/DEF/ FT monster. At D2, you are better off just putting a floor on ATH & DEF for the recruits you target and building a mix of players that do different things for you by position. Think of it as just not allowing too much of a gap between your player's ATH rating and your opponent's. No need to ignore everything else, but a guy like Mims 34/16 is just not a D2 player. That's a D3 contributor...but not one you really want.

Thanks for all the helpful advice, I work when recruting starts and work the next day so I will have lack of sleep the next day. I will be sure to follow your advice! Is the goal of getting to the sweet 16 realistic for Miles?
7/15/2016 12:09 PM
not for at least a few seasons, talent isn't there on the team and you need to work on coaching and recruiting first, you just want to aim to recruit players that can win some games first
7/15/2016 12:11 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/15/2016 12:11:00 PM (view original):
not for at least a few seasons, talent isn't there on the team and you need to work on coaching and recruiting first, you just want to aim to recruit players that can win some games first
So if I make the national tourney or pti this season will my perstige go to B- next season?
7/15/2016 1:10 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/15/2016 1:10:00 PM (view original):
So if I make the national tourney or pti this season will my perstige go to B- next season?
trust me, you wont...

sorry
7/15/2016 1:16 PM
some1 took Clark Atlanta as a reserved team. So now I have to go through Clark Atlanta and Flordia Gulf Coast to get my first championship.
7/15/2016 1:17 PM
123 Next ▸
Goals and realisim of Miles C+ perstige Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.