Conference Alignments Topic

Hello, I'm new to the game but noticed the numerous inaccuracies in the conference alignments at all levels. Is this something that WIS is working on fixing/updating at some point? I'm just curious. It isn't taking away from my enjoyment of the game, but I certainly think that accurate conference alignments would enhance my enjoyment to be sure.
7/15/2016 10:19 AM
I don't think they're planning on updating that anytime soon. First reaction is that they should update the conferences to align with the real world. But this would be complicated and problematic. For one thing, they could never really update it to completely align with current real world conferences, because the real conferences all have different numbers of teams. The GD conferences all have 12 teams. Messing this up would cause all kinds of scheduling inequalities. The general consensus among users (from what I've gathered) is that it would be better to update the current elite team approach than to realign the conferences.
7/15/2016 10:59 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 7/15/2016 10:59:00 AM (view original):
I don't think they're planning on updating that anytime soon. First reaction is that they should update the conferences to align with the real world. But this would be complicated and problematic. For one thing, they could never really update it to completely align with current real world conferences, because the real conferences all have different numbers of teams. The GD conferences all have 12 teams. Messing this up would cause all kinds of scheduling inequalities. The general consensus among users (from what I've gathered) is that it would be better to update the current elite team approach than to realign the conferences.
ya what he said
7/15/2016 12:52 PM
I would love to see the conferences realigned but it's just never going to happen in this game.

Realignment is incredibly fluid. The alignment that you hear about is changing every 2-3 years. However, that's just FBS and some FCS movement. Division 2 and division 3 conferences actually change quite a bit. Sometimes, you'll even see a school start a football program and then abandon it within 10-12 years. If the game attempted to keep up with actual realignment, it would be complete chaos.

I don't know a ton about programming but from what I've heard, it would actually be very complicated to adjust the current alignment because of how the engine generates the schedule.

7/15/2016 4:15 PM
I think you'll see Marquette or DePaul with a D1 football team before WIS does any conference adjustments.
7/15/2016 4:22 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 7/15/2016 4:22:00 PM (view original):
I think you'll see Marquette or DePaul with a D1 football team before WIS does any conference adjustments.
These forums need a "Like" button :)
7/15/2016 7:00 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 7/15/2016 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 7/15/2016 4:22:00 PM (view original):
These forums need a "Like" button :)
Well then you're in luck, there's a thumbs up icon right below every post ;)
7/15/2016 9:42 PM
Some schools in this sim do not have actual football teams. Example Blackburn College (Illinois).
7/18/2016 4:34 PM
Posted by wizmo312 on 7/18/2016 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Some schools in this sim do not have actual football teams. Example Blackburn College (Illinois).
True. Colorado College is ranked in the top 10 in victories in every D3 world, yet that school dropped football a few years ago.

I agree with the previous posts that keeping up with the real-life conference realignments while maintaining the structure of 12 teams in each conference is probably not a practical option.
7/19/2016 9:07 AM
Conference Alignments Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.