Random act Topic

I'm sure I'll get **** over this but I don't really care.

I'm sitting at a stoplight, fiddling with my phone like every jackass on earth. A truck pulls up next to me but still 6-8 feet behind my door. Then they creep up really slowly. That usually indicates 1 of 2 things. They're "creepers" or they're going to try to get your attention. So I look in a way that's very obvious that I'm looking. It's a young black dude and I don't know him so I go back about my business. Then he pulls up next to me and rolls down his window. I figure he wants to tell me he's a Yankee fan(I have magnet on my tailgate) or that I have a brakelight out(I do) or maybe I cut him off and he wants to give me ****. Anyway, I roll down my window. He says "How you doing, sir? You're my brother and I love you." I'm a bit dumbfounded so I have no idea what to say. As I sit there speechless, the light changes and he starts to pull away. So I come up with a fantastic "OK, man, have a good day!"

So I'm thinking, while that doesn't change anyone's life or the way of the world, that's such a good idea. What if, rather than have our heads down staring at our cellphone with the world blocked out due to the noise in our headphones, more people behaved like that? Especially towards someone from a group you don't really relate to. I'm a middle-age white guy and, outside of the gym, the last time I spoke to a black man in his 20s was probably two years ago.

While I'm not a "You're my brother and I love you" kind of guy, I think that young man was onto something.
7/15/2016 1:58 PM
I think he was on something too. Oh wait, that's not what you said.
Seriously though, it couldn't hurt.
7/15/2016 2:02 PM
I'm guessing it wasn't all3.
7/15/2016 2:23 PM
No, he did not try to explain homosexuality based on his vast experience with his numerous gay friends.
7/15/2016 2:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/15/2016 2:25:00 PM (view original):
No, he did not try to explain homosexuality based on his vast experience with his numerous gay friends.
Maybe your audio comprehension is as bad as your reading comprehension, and he really said you're a total d*ck.
7/15/2016 2:51 PM
there you go...judging people again
7/20/2016 4:18 PM
7/20/2016 5:24 PM
So.......I'm driving and geese are crossing the road. Two cars are waiting. I pull into the 3rd lane. An Asian dude is in one car, a black woman and her child are in the other. I get out and chase the geese off the road. They yell "Thank you!"

I thought of this thread.
7/20/2016 7:33 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
"I'm sitting at a stoplight, fiddling with my phone like every jackass on earth."

You spelled "seat-dancing" wrong.
7/21/2016 11:33 AM
That's goes without saying.
7/21/2016 11:47 AM
Where's DougOut? He must be down at the VFW talking about his National Guard days. Or maybe all3 and him are hinging out with their gay friend.
7/21/2016 9:55 PM
hinging out? is that some sort of gay thing?
7/21/2016 11:58 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 7/21/2016 9:55:00 PM (view original):
Where's DougOut? He must be down at the VFW talking about his National Guard days. Or maybe all3 and him are hinging out with their gay friend.
I never mentioned that any of the homosexuals I know are also vets. Guess it's mush easier to try to be funny when you simply make everything up.
7/22/2016 9:27 AM
I think we all felt it was pretty humorous.
7/22/2016 11:32 AM
1234 Next ▸
Random act Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.