For those of you in Beta who are not aware, recruiting is starting for season 3. It is definitely an improved version over season 2. Please participate so that we can get the most accurate picture of what it will be like when it goes live.
7/16/2016 6:43 AM
You are definitely a glass half full guy chap. How exactly is it improved? IMO, it's going the wrong way with delayed reactions and capped HVs.

But you are entitled to your opinion.
7/16/2016 8:30 AM
Instant responses simply fueled abuse. Not sure how you don't see that, mully. I'd rather see a return to 3 hour cycles with actions on the cycle than a return to instantaneous feedback.

7/16/2016 8:38 AM
Instant responses were a good feature (IMO). Sniping can still be done. There are other, better, ways to fix the signing period sniping, some of which were suggested.

The instant response issue is not one I would fall on my sword for. But I liked the change the 1st 2 seasons.
7/16/2016 8:55 AM
3 hour cycles
7/16/2016 9:51 AM
I'm really curious to see how the capped HVs work out. Not sure if I like that or not. But, I do see that as one way to prevent the sniping.

I've also noticed, at least in the northeast, that a lot of the top players are signing late, so it should be really interesting and a lot of battles for the top talent, which is something that is missing from the current game.

I am trying something unique this time. There's a 5 star guy I really want, that has a lot of the preferences my team has. He will be a late signer, so I expect he'll get a lot of attention later on. I have a very good C+ team at Dartmouth. Since there are only 5 CVs per player, I have already gotten to that point, and we are one of the teams that will have a CV, which is a big advantage over all except 4 teams. I have already used my attention points to unlock what I need to on all of the players. So, from now through the end of recruiting I am going to keep all of the AP on him. I am in a position to offer a start and minutes. And I will do 20 HVs. My hope is that I can land him with all of those APs (possibly like 2,000), plus the really good preference match up, plus the fact that no one will do more HVs or CVs than I will, and only 4 other teams will be able to do a CV - hoping all of this will make us be able to land him.

I guess I like the different strategies that come into play with all of these changes.

But, like I said in the post, I hope the people who have Beta teams will be really active this time, because it's so important to test it with a lot of humans. Right now it seems very easy for me to land some really good talent, but I suspect it will be much more challenging once it unveils in the worlds.
7/16/2016 9:51 AM
I only have 1 opening so not that much recruiting to do. I will say that for 1 opening, I was able to scout a ton of players at D3.

I'm going to see if I'm able to get a D1 guy with just the 1 opening. After two cycles, I'm very low while the D1 sim is moderate. I only have 40 APs so it's going to take forever to unlock actions and will basically lose a battle horribly if a human comes on but this guy isn't a very good D1 guy so I can't imagine anyone over D2 taking him. We'll see how this new 'pull down' system goes.

Aside from that, there have been little changes and tweaks that are definite improvements over the 1st season. The sorting and organizing of recruits is much better and you can do mass scouting now. Prioritizing from the main page is a big improvement too.

I think overall it's getting there. There are still some things I don't like all that much (level 1 scouting ambiguity) but it's most likely going to turn out just fine in my opinion. We gotta work out some killer issues like the poaching thing, immediate actions vs cycle processed, cycle durations, recruiting at higher levels. So still a ways away from launching I think.

I think it'll come down to preferences and some people will like it while others won't.
7/16/2016 10:29 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.