Many more battles in Beta - more realistic Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/19/2016 6:57:00 PM (view original):
Ever play risk, without dice? You can set it up that way in warlight.net. It's still fun but less fun.
Never heard of it. I'll check it out. We used to play risk A TON in high school. Just about every day in study hall.
7/19/2016 8:07 PM
Posted by kbc167 on 7/19/2016 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I'm not for or against anything. All I can say is that the game as currently constructed is not that interesting after 3 years. A change is probably good. Recruiting is not fun right now. Obviously we are losing coaches who get bored left and right. Maybe the beta changes are not the solution but it's hard to imagine recruiting being worse than it already is, which is mundane. We can't stop the update so make the best of it and try to enjoy the changes. Or leave. But that constant negativity and complaining is useless and pointless. It makes this place feel like a graveyard even more than it did before. If some of you are leaving at the update, then leave now and be done with it. Go or don't go. But too many are threatening and threatening and complaining and complaining and that is probably harming the game more than any update will do. Not just on the boards but across the coaches corners (in the few that people actually talk in). I might very well leave too eventually but not because of the update but because the game gets stale after a while. I'm hoping the changes will make it fun again.
+1 I am a bit tired of negativity too. We said our piece, it's time everyone moves on. I will continue playing in BETA. I actually think it's different and interesting. I hope Trenton is right and that the changes will trigger a change in recruit generation in D1.
7/19/2016 8:20 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/19/2016 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Ever play risk, without dice? You can set it up that way in warlight.net. It's still fun but less fun.
Never heard of it. I'll check it out. We used to play risk A TON in high school. Just about every day in study hall.
If you're looking for someone to play, let me know. I am Keith's Blue Pants on warlight.
7/19/2016 9:11 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/19/2016 9:11:00 PM (view original):
If you're looking for someone to play, let me know. I am Keith's Blue Pants on warlight.
+1 - I am DAC
7/19/2016 9:49 PM
I had Risk 2 for my PC. Better than the original but the original still had it's charm about it. All the "dice rolls" on the PC game are just an RNG "rolling" two dice and then showing the result. I have to admit though, it's still fun as hell.

When I was stationed in Germany, way back before anyone even thought about something called the internet or the advent of smart phones or any of that kind of stuff, four of us would decide on a weekend that instead of going out to the club that we were going to drink and play Risk. We'd end up having so many armies from turn-ins that we were reduced to using pieces of paper with numbers handwritten to show the amounts. Needless to say, most of those games ended up in an agreed upon truce!
7/19/2016 10:07 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/19/2016 7:07:00 PM (view original):
I don't like dice roll games so I wouldn't play it.

Ever play halo where before killing someone it's a diceroll instead of skill of aiming and strategy

Dice rolling is not strategy it's luck.

I'd rather play stratego
Stratego? Man, you need a girlfriend!
7/19/2016 10:09 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/19/2016 6:08:00 PM (view original):
So you are basically sitting on the sideline hoping it turns out good you don't discuss anything you must not be even paying attention to what's going on and you'll lose way more coaches implementing the updates than the current rate of losing them.

Recruiting surely can evident by the current beta results be waaaay worse literally coming down to luck and spending a whole bunch of time scouting

I'd argue forums are way more active now than before, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Unfortunately like others you see nothing but complaining but time and time again people offer solutions that actually make sense instead of a game completely based on luck, sorry tj games based on luck are not fun at all. But seble being seble ignores anything just like he ignored the forums for years.

Tldr: you can't ***** about our bit ching when you are just sitting on the sideline quietly praying seble doesn't **** it up more, a stale game is better than a bad game
I know exactly what's going on and I read the forums all the time. I don't post often because I don't have anything to add. When I've tried to post it just seems like most people talk past each other anyway on forums so I post only when necessary. I can't stand repetition and anything I have to say has already been said by someone else more than once anyway. So I already know what you think because you've said it often on the forums. I don't necessarily disagree with you in general. Everyone knows other things should've been fixed first. But since that ship is sailed I just fail to see the point to continue to be negative. You've offered feedback, repeatedly. I know others have as well. The coaches in beta I trust to have the knowledge to offer good feedback so I didn't see a lot of reason to join it, no. Whatever the final product lots of good coaches in the game have given input. Either it will be a success or it won't. Either way I'm hoping it will be. With you, only, I think you've already decided there is no way it can be a success. Law of attraction: if you expect it to be bad it will be bad. Expect the worst and you'll always get the worst. It's ok to offer constructive feedback. But focusing on the negative (for me) is counter productive after feedback has been given. But that's just me.

I don't know what the future holds for me in the game but I do know the game is better with you playing it. Whether you decide to quit or stick with it is a decision everyone has to make. My instincts tell me the game
will survive no matter what either of us does or thinks.
7/20/2016 7:52 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/19/2016 10:09:00 PM (view original):

Ever play halo where before killing someone it's a diceroll instead of skill of aiming and strategy

I'd rather play stratego
stratego is a sweet game! i haven't played it in about 20 years, but still :)

if anyone here is an axis and allies fan (its like risk on steroids - multiple unit types, bigger board, world war 2 based), check out triplea.sourceforge.net

its an open source site where someone hosts an axis and allies server, so you can play vs humans. unlike many board games - the online version is in many ways better. i remember spending 45 minutes *just setting up the board* as a kid, so you can't just play for 2 hours or anything. the online version sets up instantly (obviously) and you can play 2x as fast, so its kind of way better. plus, the classic board game i grew up on, its fairly unbalanced. the revised version takes multiple hours more... not even sure why the board game was printed! but the online version is workable. i haven't played in years but checked not long ago and it was still alive and healthy.
7/20/2016 9:58 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/20/2016 9:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 7/19/2016 10:09:00 PM (view original):

I'd rather play stratego
stratego is a sweet game! i haven't played it in about 20 years, but still :)

if anyone here is an axis and allies fan (its like risk on steroids - multiple unit types, bigger board, world war 2 based), check out triplea.sourceforge.net

its an open source site where someone hosts an axis and allies server, so you can play vs humans. unlike many board games - the online version is in many ways better. i remember spending 45 minutes *just setting up the board* as a kid, so you can't just play for 2 hours or anything. the online version sets up instantly (obviously) and you can play 2x as fast, so its kind of way better. plus, the classic board game i grew up on, its fairly unbalanced. the revised version takes multiple hours more... not even sure why the board game was printed! but the online version is workable. i haven't played in years but checked not long ago and it was still alive and healthy.
I know, Stratego really is pretty decent for what it is. I was trying to teach my son how to play it a couple of years ago but he's grown up with video games and everything happening instantly so it was hard to keep him focused enough to play. It's a shame, some of those old relics that people call "board games" are really quite enjoyable. Even dice based games.
7/20/2016 10:15 PM
◂ Prev 123
Many more battles in Beta - more realistic Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.