Many more battles in Beta - more realistic Topic

There are MANY more battles in Beta than there are in the current game. I just counted and there are 22 battles for the top 100 players where at least 2 teams are very high or high. We are entering the second day of recruiting. There are also 18 additional battles where the second place team or teams are at least moderate, indicating the potential for an imminent battle. And almost every one of the top 100 players has multiple teams showing up on their list. There are still 42 hours (7 cycles) before signings start, and there are 16 cycles before the end of the first signing period.

So, after 30 hours of recruiting, 40% of the top 100 players have a battle over them. This does not count a scenario where one team is Very High and the next highest team is at low. I would venture to say that in approximately 80 of the top 100 players, there are at least two teams on every player, and in many cases there are 5 or 6.

This is so different from the current game where, by this time, almost all of the top players are considering only one team, and coaches are afraid to battle so they do not look weak and get attacked and/or poached. I really like this a lot.

This aspect of the beta is much more realistic than the current HD. In real life the coach of NC State does not say - "looks like UNC is going after the best recruit in the state". I better stay away because he has 6 openings and I only have 3, and if I get in a battle over him, then other teams will see I am spread too thin, and I will put the other recruits I am after at risk.

I was against the 20 HV cap at first, but I can now see how it does encourage battles. If I choose the battles wisely, I have a decent shot of winning, even if I am going up against a team that has many more openings than I do. They can't outspend me. The Attention Points, which do not have a cost, enable me to line up several back up options that I can fall back on if I don't win, or I can use them to add on to the home visits in a battle. If I lose, at least I have not blown my entire budget.
7/17/2016 9:49 AM (edited)
Posted by chapelhillne on 7/17/2016 12:14:00 AM (view original):
There are MANY more battles in Beta than there are in the current game. I just counted and there are 22 battles for the top 100 players where at least 2 teams are very high or high. We are entering the second day of recruiting. There are also 18 additional battles where the second place team or teams are at least moderate, indicating the potential for an imminent battle. And almost every one of the top 100 players has multiple teams showing up on their list. There are still 42 hours (7 cycles) before signings start, and there are 16 cycles before the end of the first signing period.

So, after 30 hours of recruiting, 40% of the top 100 players have a battle over them. This does not count a scenario where one team is Very High and the next highest team is at low. I would venture to say that in approximately 80 of the top 100 players, there are at least two teams on every player, and in many cases there are 5 or 6.

This is so different from the current game where, by this time, almost all of the top players are considering only one team, and coaches are afraid to battle so they do not look weak and get attacked and/or poached. I really like this a lot.

This aspect of the beta is much more realistic than the current HD. In real life the coach of NC State does not say - "looks like UNC is going after the best recruit in the state". I better stay away because he has 6 openings and I only have 3, and if I get in a battle over him, then other teams will see I am spread too thin, and I will put the other recruits I am after at risk.

I was against the 20 HV cap at first, but I can now see how it does encourage battles. If I choose the battles wisely, I have a decent shot of winning, even if I am going up against a team that has many more openings than I do. They can't outspend me. The Attention Points, which do not have a cost, enable me to line up several back up options that I can fall back on if I don't win, or I can use them to add on to the home visits in a battle.
I haven't found the time to recruit in the beta so far. I will try to get some time in on my off day's. This is very good to hear, we just got a old user who join my conference came back from a long time ago. I would think this will be a continuing trend.
7/17/2016 8:24 AM
Yeah - you'd better start quick. Signings are tomorrow night. Even if you just do a camp and FSS the states around you, then put some attention points out there and some scholarships. You have 6 openings, so your team will not be very good next year if you don't. Not that this matters, since it is Beta, but you may learn some techniques that will help you when it goes live.

UPDATE - 13 new battles started in the last cycle, so there are now 35 players with multiple teams at high or very high.
7/17/2016 8:36 AM
The problem I see Chapel is : it will be really tough to fill 5 schollies with the way scouting works and sim recruiting better. Stay tuned but It's really tough
7/17/2016 8:49 AM
Not sure on that zorzii. Right now, I think I will fill my 5, but I agree that it is too early to know for sure. I think you definitely want to lock up at least a few of them in the first recruiting period because the second one is going to be much more competitive.
7/17/2016 9:00 AM
The problem is that I am in an all battle field, so locking up will mean a roll of the dice. Then in the second round, there won't be any recruits Worth it cause my dumb scouting assistant is not finding A players... I told Seble about this. Why is my assistant going for C and D, while I need A, from anywhere?
7/17/2016 9:17 AM
Yeah - that should be fixed. I find the assistant to be kind of useless. I'd like to be able to send him to a specific state. I prefer FSS and then scouting trips, but the assistant is cheaper.

At the very least, this is holding my attention and interest much more than the current system. Usually, in the current game, I find my targets early, and get them tight, usually by 11 PM. Then wait for signings. It's frankly kind of boring most of the time. If I have money left over after signings and an opening, I pick one guy and spend all my money on him and hope I have more left than anyone else that is doing the same thing. Here I am watching multiple battles and numerous teams on every player, and the landscape is constantly changing. I'm plotting where to pour in a bunch of money before signings start to hopefully get that last minute push that will push me over the top.

Plus, in the current game, I mostly have to only worry about a handful of teams that are in my region and have a high prestige. In Beta, Stanford is on the #1 prospect in the country who is in New York, but prefers far from home. I have to also worry about teams that have a lower prestige even if I have more scholarships available because I can't just outspend them. I have to consider how well I match up, and worry if that team might promise a start or guarantee playing time, because those are huge in this version, I believe. It's super interesting to me.
7/17/2016 9:46 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 7/17/2016 9:49:00 AM (view original):

I was against the 20 HV cap at first, but I can now see how it does encourage battles. If I choose the battles wisely, I have a decent shot of winning, even if I am going up against a team that has many more openings than I do. They can't outspend me. The Attention Points, which do not have a cost, enable me to line up several back up options that I can fall back on if I don't win, or I can use them to add on to the home visits in a battle. If I lose, at least I have not blown my entire budget.
I have found some time to recruit tonight. I go in at three o clock tomorrow and I can take less sleep. Can you just imagine when I accomplished what I want to do in divsion 1 and have to take multiple teams in order to reach my goals I have plan for the future?
7/17/2016 9:19 PM
You've got two winless seasons in a row. You've got 19 wins TOTAL in 4 years and you're talking about D1? Really? You've lost your last 54 games in D3 and you're talking about D1? Really? Might be time to take some money from that paycheck and buy a clue.
7/18/2016 12:11 AM
How the F do you lose 54 games in a row?
7/18/2016 9:01 PM
I think its more than 54 in a row. Actually, its at least 55, but it could be even more than that
7/18/2016 9:10 PM
To lose 54 games in a row (at least) you go 0-27 in back to back seasons.

I went 0-27 once, when he who must not be named was bringing his brand of madness to HD and I decided I should take a new team with 12 openings. For the record, I don't recommend taking a new team with 12 openings at D3, you might easily go 0-27. I did at least go 9-18 the next year.
7/18/2016 11:04 PM
Great thread. I'm getting really sick of all the whining and doom and gloom around here. I actually wish they'd just roll this out and whoever is going go so we can remove some negativity around the game. The fatalism of the coaches is more draining to me than worrying about recruiting updates.
7/19/2016 12:19 AM
Lol if you think the backlash there is right now would be gone if they just put it through now you have no idea what would happen if they out what they have now where they haven't even figured half thr stuff they are doing yet and then ask people to pay for the extended beta I heard it didn't work out too well last time

Too bad no one wants to admit to all the problems and realize the negativity isn't just made up bullshit but actual ****.

7/19/2016 12:46 AM
Posted by guyo26 on 7/18/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):
To lose 54 games in a row (at least) you go 0-27 in back to back seasons.

I went 0-27 once, when he who must not be named was bringing his brand of madness to HD and I decided I should take a new team with 12 openings. For the record, I don't recommend taking a new team with 12 openings at D3, you might easily go 0-27. I did at least go 9-18 the next year.
TK?

And yes, it takes something truly special to lose 55 straight. Chances are very good you will win at least one game in that long a span on pure accident, especially with an all human-recruited roster against a bunch of sim opponents.
7/19/2016 12:46 AM
123 Next ▸
Many more battles in Beta - more realistic Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.