ODL 61 Commentary/Evals Topic

I felt like McAdoo was a no brainer at that point. $20 mill in the 1st 2 rounds... I know I probably drafted Ward higher than he's ever been selected, but I'm too busy to try to trade down & he makes a lot of sense for me right now.
7/21/2016 3:44 AM
Posted by bds9992 on 7/20/2016 11:29:00 PM (view original):
very few teams i still like. 7, to be specific.

can't believe Dr. J, McAdoo, McHale and Kawhi fell that far. I thought that was possible (even though I'm really happy with my trade).

last season's standards of where guys were expected to go are no more. this leads to some unusually strong duos, like Shaq and Oscar Robertson, Moses and McAdoo, LeBron and Kawhi, and Kareem and Dr. J. now there's going to be a rush on passers and rebounders. i have a feeling that teams at the end of the third aren't going to be too happy with their choices....
Uptown's trade drew some controversy... For what it's worth, D Jordan, McHale, & Marques Johnson is a really nice combination.........................................
7/21/2016 3:49 AM
Posted by milest on 7/21/2016 3:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 7/20/2016 11:29:00 PM (view original):
very few teams i still like. 7, to be specific.

can't believe Dr. J, McAdoo, McHale and Kawhi fell that far. I thought that was possible (even though I'm really happy with my trade).

last season's standards of where guys were expected to go are no more. this leads to some unusually strong duos, like Shaq and Oscar Robertson, Moses and McAdoo, LeBron and Kawhi, and Kareem and Dr. J. now there's going to be a rush on passers and rebounders. i have a feeling that teams at the end of the third aren't going to be too happy with their choices....
Uptown's trade drew some controversy... For what it's worth, D Jordan, McHale, & Marques Johnson is a really nice combination.........................................
agreed.
7/21/2016 12:01 PM
Surprised Kawhi fell that far, few assists, but shoots really well and from what I remember very few turnovers with good usage. Nice pairing with LeBron, would have been scary with Wilt imo.
7/21/2016 5:43 PM
Super annoyed with myself. Trading for another 2nd rounder can be a good strategy, but never a good move to move up in the second round.
7/21/2016 6:16 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 7/21/2016 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Super annoyed with myself. Trading for another 2nd rounder can be a good strategy, but never a good move to move up in the second round.
There are definitely still some players out there who fit your team. One guy in particular would make everything easier, and another guy would be perfect (and will probably be there), although there are other guys who could fill that role pretty well. But there is one guy in particular who would make everything easier, and you probably already know who I'm talking about, as well as another guy who's 85% as good but doesn't cover as many bases.
7/21/2016 7:00 PM
I'm mostly upset that I could have possibly had Rodma/X/Noah. Those are literally my two basketball heros and what have really enjoyed that.
7/21/2016 9:25 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 7/21/2016 9:25:00 PM (view original):
I'm mostly upset that I could have possibly had Rodma/X/Noah. Those are literally my two basketball heros and what have really enjoyed that.
They are 2 of my favorite players as well. Rodman is my all-time favorite. I started watching basketball a few yrs before, but started to really understand it and follow it his rookie season. I was 7 yrs old. I became a Pistons fan. This was a couple of yrs before their first title & before the Bad Boys moniker. I saw a team that played harder than everyone else and seemed to want to win more than anyone else.. And Rodman played harder than all of them. He was so passionate and always hustling. He's a big reason why I've loved playing and watching basketball for virtually my whole life.
7/21/2016 9:50 PM
i was very young during the Bulls' second three-peat. Rodman was basically this glowing green sign, but the dude was an animal. i couldn't believe everyone let him get away with the hair and the tattoos and the rings, but then i realized that he gave himself the right to do all that. he is a big influence in my life.
7/21/2016 10:06 PM
dang, bkbillups has a nasty trio. another one of those "i don't know if this team can be beaten in a playoff series" teams.
7/21/2016 10:23 PM (edited)
83.2% with 1679 FTM so far.

83.25 avg DEF
7/21/2016 10:30 PM
I feel like the teams that just picked passers are going to be in good shape, and the teams that haven't are in trouble. I think it might be that simple.

Some teams look better as the draft progresses.

can't wait to pick soon.....
7/22/2016 2:16 PM
(Puts on a Skip Bayless Mask)

Bobby Jones is undraftable in the ODL. His high eFG/low usage costs too much for a 47 mill

(takes off Skip Bayless mask, puts on Stephen A Smith mask)

Now, Bobby Jones is a dear, dear friend, but ...I agree.
7/22/2016 4:53 PM
uhhhh......nah. high Ast%, high eFG%, high OReb%, blocks, steals and 100 D? there's definitely a way he could help your team, especially if you already have someone with 30+ Usg%.
7/22/2016 5:34 PM
Does Scud know about the salary cap?
7/22/2016 9:42 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
ODL 61 Commentary/Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.