ODL 61 Commentary/Evals Topic

Let's get this started.

if eleibowitz won a championship with Chris Paul and Alonzo Mourning......welp, then, here we go. Great duo.
7/19/2016 2:27 PM
shoutout to jhsukow for the Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace combo.

Seriously gutsy. similar to my Russell/Wallace play from the 52 league, but better.

7/19/2016 2:29 PM
also a big fan of Durant/Scottie. bk put himself in a position to repeat
7/19/2016 2:37 PM
Some of my early combination assessments:

-CP3 and Zo are scary in Eleibows hands. We should have seen this coming, and someone should have bitten the bullet to stop this combo from happening!

-The combo of Rodman and Big Ben is a wildly gutsy start. Obviously big time issues with no usage and no assists, but if done right he could have an advantage on the entire league. I'm sure jhsukow has a specific plan in mind.

-Durant and Scottie is an interesting combo, does that mean bk is planning on running the traitor (I mean KD) at the 2 guard?

-Dwight and Bird is a nice combo, I'm curious to see what spot Bird ends up playing, and the season used..

-Not sure what to think of the Dream and Kemp. Crazy front line defense, with lots of fouls and turnovers...

-Duncan and Billups is a very boring duo, and yet is probably the most solid pairing thus far.

-Stockton and Draymond have the makings of a special squad. Ben has given himself several directions to go here. It's tuff IMO not to have a big usage player in the first two rounds, but with the massive amount of assists already on the team, he can get away with a higher usage stud without great EFG. It will be very interesting to see where he goes with his next couple of selections.

-What are your thoughts on the combo of Penny and Steph?
7/19/2016 4:39 PM (edited)
Posted by cjok1051 on 7/19/2016 4:20:00 PM (view original):
I'm in total agreement bds.

-CP3 and Zo are scary in Eleibows hands.

-The combo of Rodman and Big Ben is a gutsy start. Useage is obviously a big time issue, but if done right he could have an advantage on the entire league.

-Durant and Scottie is an interesting combo, does that mean bk is planning on running the trader (I mean KD) at the 2 guard?

-What are your thoughts on the combo of Penny and Steph?
Penny and Steph is the dream combo i wish i could put together. your backcourt D is balanced, your efficiency is ridiculous, and Penny gets to the line, something that Steph doesn't do as well. however, rebounding. if you can't cut back on turnovers and rebound well, you might have problems.

there's a lot of flexibility in terms of usage and efficiency from this point on, though. it depends.

lol, you mean traitor?

can i just say......he gave you 9 years. longer than Shaq, LeBron (first time around), or _______, a little less than Kevin Garnett. clearly, OKC was never good enough to win it all. they were almost good enough. i think he tried, but without getting guys like ______ to sign on, what's he gonna do?

i think he definitely earned the right to go to Golden State. it's more like KG getting traded to the Celtics than LeBron leaving for the Heat. he has the right to change jobs, no?
7/19/2016 5:13 PM (edited)
why would a top tier player sign an extension going into next summer? he's going to do the 1+1 and get paid - btw are we talking about undrafted players now? is that a thing that I missed?
7/19/2016 5:01 PM
Posted by copernicus on 7/19/2016 5:01:00 PM (view original):
why would a top tier player sign an extension going into next summer? he's going to do the 1+1 and get paid - btw are we talking about undrafted players now? is that a thing that I missed?
Good point. when real basketball bleeds into WIS......oops
7/19/2016 5:13 PM
i think there's a chance Durant plays one season with Golden State, then goes back to OKC. why? to ruin Golden State.

but seriously - yeah, Brian Westbrook. he might stay. there aren't that many teams that are better than OKC. since he kind of plays like a player that recently retired (four letter first name), it might be worth it for him to stay in OKC and be the franchise for 14 more years.
7/19/2016 5:46 PM (edited)
I'm happy with Pippen and the Opportunist, but I do not have a plan. I went back and forth on Pippen and one other player, luckily the 3 other players I was also debating went within 5 picks before myself and that helped make the decision a little easier. I do not really have a plan with the two so far, as I do not want to limit the options of what I could do.
7/19/2016 5:16 PM
cj - planning on going with 86-87 Bird
7/19/2016 5:44 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 7/19/2016 5:46:00 PM (view original):
i think there's a chance Durant plays one season with Golden State, then goes back to OKC. why? to ruin Golden State.

but seriously - yeah, Brian Westbrook. he might stay. there aren't that many teams that are better than OKC. since he kind of plays like a player that recently retired (four letter first name), it might be worth it for him to stay in OKC and be the franchise for 14 more years.
I'm sure you didn't mean "Brian"... ;-)
7/19/2016 5:52 PM
had to cover my *** somehow. lol
7/19/2016 5:53 PM
CJ - Dream and Kemp - "lots of fouls and turnovers" - thanks for giving away my strategy! Now everyone knows.
7/19/2016 6:41 PM
Lol! ^
7/19/2016 8:56 PM
very few teams i still like. 7, to be specific.

can't believe Dr. J, McAdoo, McHale and Kawhi fell that far. I thought that was possible (even though I'm really happy with my trade).

last season's standards of where guys were expected to go are no more. this leads to some unusually strong duos, like Shaq and Oscar Robertson, Moses and McAdoo, LeBron and Kawhi, and Kareem and Dr. J. now there's going to be a rush on passers and rebounders. i have a feeling that teams at the end of the third aren't going to be too happy with their choices....
7/20/2016 11:29 PM (edited)
123456 Next ▸
ODL 61 Commentary/Evals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.