Releasing arbitration eligible players. Topic

Just starting my second season so I am very new to this.
Tomorrow is the day to set the budget for the year.
I have 5 players who are heading for arbitration.
Can I outright release some of them without owing them any money for this season coming up?

I took over a team that has too much money allocated for salaries. Besides trades, is there
any other way I can get rid of some of the contracts?

7/19/2016 10:56 PM
Release arb-el before arb and you're free of any salary obligation.

But, if they have value, I wouldn't recommend it.

7/19/2016 11:02 PM
I'd keep Floyd and Torres. The other three, meh, whatever.
7/19/2016 11:05 PM
Most of your big salary guys have value. There are a couple of turds but I've seen much worse.
7/19/2016 11:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/19/2016 11:09:00 PM (view original):
Most of your big salary guys have value. There are a couple of turds but I've seen much worse.
Thanks Mike.

Did you see the 2 guys sitting at AAA who are each getting 5.8 million. It would be an insult to turds
to call them turds lol. There are some good hitters making reasonable money on the team from what I know.
Pitching is very weak.

I was definitely planning on keeping Torres and Floyd.

How will arbitration look at Floyd? It appears to me, in my limited experience, that his hitting ratings are much
better than he has produced in limited playing time. Long term he wants 6+ million. I was hoping because of his
weak stats that he wouldn't be asking for much money in arbitration. I am just not sure how low to offer him.
7/19/2016 11:24 PM
No, I didn't look in AAA. Looks like the previous owner was intent on wrecking the team with those 2.

1st arb for Floyd. He'll want 1.5 to 1.8m. I wouldn't sign him long-term until I get better results.
7/20/2016 7:08 AM
Thanks for the help Mike. Sent you a sitemail.
7/20/2016 2:09 PM
Releasing arbitration eligible players. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.