D1 C+ Recruiting Topic

I know this question has probably been answered before, but after 3 straight NTs I'm finally up to a C+ prestige at Duquesne. With 6 open scholarships I should have a good budget to try and target some good players. Any idea what my ceiling should be on recruit ratings? Thanks!
7/20/2016 8:47 AM
Target whatever the A prestige teams don't want
7/20/2016 9:39 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
oh my god do not ******* post if you don't know the answer which you do not do you have no knowledge of HD do not spew bullshit at coaches when you don't know the answer let people who actually know the answer respond all you are going to do is confuse the crap out of the op.
7/20/2016 10:07 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/20/2016 10:07:00 AM (view original):
oh my god do not ******* post if you don't know the answer which you do not do you have no knowledge of HD do not spew bullshit at coaches when you don't know the answer let people who actually know the answer respond all you are going to do is confuse the crap out of the op.
I didn't respond I was asking a question myself? Theonlyis I am trying to gain information myself by posting are you saying that only the knowledgble should post in the forums well why would there be a forum if that was the case?

Go on with your life you of no help anymore since you retire from the game..
7/20/2016 10:16 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/20/2016 10:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 7/20/2016 9:39:00 AM (view original):
I was told, that prestige really don't matter. I want to build perstige and part of the reason I chose C+ Miles is not a major building process like C- Chowan is well D right now. I was also told it doesn't help resume is this true?
Then you are confusing what you were told with the OP question. Prestige is very important in DI recruiting.
At least until Coin Flip Recruiting rolls out.
7/20/2016 10:21 AM
Posted by mullycj on 7/20/2016 10:21:00 AM (view original):
I was told, that prestige really don't matter. I want to build perstige and part of the reason I chose C+ Miles is not a major building process like C- Chowan is well D right now. I was also told it doesn't help resume is this true?
Then you are confusing what you were told with the OP question. Prestige is very important in DI recruiting.
So, we are going to coin flip recruting? Exactly what is it?
7/20/2016 10:23 AM
Shane : The answer is not easy. First, you need to know all the teams close to your campus that you will have to compete against for recruits. How many schollies they have? Then, you need to know their prestige. Do not battle any A- to A+ teams, waste of time. Avoid battling Big Six teams with better prestige than you unless you see that team with only one scholly... I am pretty sure you go up to three stars, maybe four stars Under 100 miles from Campus. You can't get any five stars. So first, send coaches calls to four stars Under 100 miles from campus. Same with three stars Under 300 miles from campus. I would think, depending on the overall rating, that three stars Under 100 miles from campus are recruitable from the start. Not sure. But you will probably have to settle for two stars or one star player or bad three stars....
7/20/2016 10:26 AM
Posted by zorzii on 7/20/2016 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Shane : The answer is not easy. First, you need to know all the teams close to your campus that you will have to compete against for recruits. How many schollies they have? Then, you need to know their prestige. Do not battle any A- to A+ teams, waste of time. Avoid battling Big Six teams with better prestige than you unless you see that team with only one scholly... I am pretty sure you go up to three stars, maybe four stars Under 100 miles from Campus. You can't get any five stars. So first, send coaches calls to four stars Under 100 miles from campus. Same with three stars Under 300 miles from campus. I would think, depending on the overall rating, that three stars Under 100 miles from campus are recruitable from the start. Not sure. But you will probably have to settle for two stars or one star player or bad three stars....
Zorzii thanks for the help on this one, I was curious whether or not I would be able to compete for 3 star guys. I almost always stay within 300 miles for recruiting so I shouldn't have to worry there. I'm hoping that with 6 open scholarships I can land a 3 star or two even in a bad league. Thanks!
7/20/2016 10:37 AM
staying within 300 miles really limits your pool of recruits its not tremendously hard to recruit a bit farther out. stars dont mean talent, just get talent whether he has stars or not. You won't be able to get 4 stars from C+ however 3 should be fine maybe pulldown. at C+ you should start recruiting a team that can win a NT game.

here is a link to my previous duquensne team and you cna see the talent you should be aiming for with that prestige, a human coach could win a NT game with them
7/20/2016 10:43 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/20/2016 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Coach, I told you your team's prestige makes no difference to your resume. That is true. I also told you it makes no significant difference in D2 recruiting. That's true except with respect to which recruits are "visible" on your D2 list and which are pulldowns and dropdowns. The difference in effort is not a significant factor.

I never said anything about D1 recruiting, because you do not need to worry about it. You never will. That's mully's point. By the time you get to D1, the Beta, whatever its final form, will be released and it will be different. Don't ask mully "exactly" what it is...the response will be something that you need to scrape off your shoe!
7/20/2016 10:54 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/20/2016 10:43:00 AM (view original):
staying within 300 miles really limits your pool of recruits its not tremendously hard to recruit a bit farther out. stars dont mean talent, just get talent whether he has stars or not. You won't be able to get 4 stars from C+ however 3 should be fine maybe pulldown. at C+ you should start recruiting a team that can win a NT game.

here is a link to my previous duquensne team and you cna see the talent you should be aiming for with that prestige, a human coach could win a NT game with them
This isn't false, but it looks like fairly bad advice. For the most part, you should recruit with 240 miles. I think you already know that. There are reasons to go out to 360 and to jump international, but you probably want to make the most of your cash advantage.

I agree with ignoring the "stars". I think there will be some that you would need to pulldown. Pulldowns aren't a great strategy at a C+. If the recruits is worth pulling down, then he likely will attract higher prestige team's attention eventually. The question will be what do the local big6 schools have. Do Pittsburgh, Ohio St. & Maryland all have 6 open scholarships and ~A prestige? That's gonna affect whether you target local and how you do it.
7/20/2016 11:02 AM

That helps a lot, thanks. I didn't have any open spots last year so this is my first time recruiting in D1 with anything higher than a D+. Any other advice based on my current situation would be greatly appreciated. My next goal is definitely to win a NT game
7/20/2016 11:12 AM
Posted by rogelio on 7/20/2016 11:02:00 AM (view original):

This isn't false, but it looks like fairly bad advice. For the most part, you should recruit with 240 miles. I think you already know that. There are reasons to go out to 360 and to jump international, but you probably want to make the most of your cash advantage.

I agree with ignoring the "stars". I think there will be some that you would need to pulldown. Pulldowns aren't a great strategy at a C+. If the recruits is worth pulling down, then he likely will attract higher prestige team's attention eventually. The question will be what do the local big6 schools have. Do Pittsburgh, Ohio St. & Maryland all have 6 open scholarships and ~A prestige? That's gonna affect whether you target local and how you do it.
yes because i said completely ignore anyone under 360.... you can get a lot of recruits at distance quite easily maybe not with a B+ BYU getting that MW talent but there is no reason to completely limit scouting to 360 miles, check the landscape is there states where the main school has a bad coach or is there only 1 dominant team and a bunch of sims leaving that mid level talent open, scout states not a lot of people do like NH,VT,ME. i do not think you should solely limit yourself to 360 or some arbitrary number, yes focus on the close recruits but you can usually land 1 sometimes 2 guys from a distance that are better than the remaining close options you have, C+ i think the 3 stars depend on the overall if they are right away or are pulldown, pulling down is a bad idea with how easy you can be knocked of by a higher prestige.
7/20/2016 11:26 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/20/2016 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Ward, to build off mully's answer, prestige really doesn't mean a lot when recruiting at D2 and D3. As I think I said to you before, higher prestige at either level just increases the pool of players at the higher level you could POTENTIALLY pulldown. (So D2 guys for a D3 team, D1 guys for a D2 team). Like mully said then, prestige is very important at D1.
7/20/2016 11:42 AM
12 Next ▸
D1 C+ Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.