Season 123 Coaches Poll Topic

Next Poll Due 29 Jul 16 at 11:59 PM EST

Eligibility: Anyone currently coaching in the Wilkinson World, to include D2 and D3.
How it will work: Each Coach can submit a Top 10 list for D1A and D1AA. Each school on their list will then earn points for their rank; 1st place equals 10 points, 2nd place equals 9 points, and so forth. The points will be totaled from all submitted entries and then the schools that have the most points will be presented in the Coaches Poll.
Where can I submit my Top 10: Coaches can sitemail me their list, email it to me at [email protected], or post it in this forum topic.

Schedule:
20 Jul 2016
24 Jul 2016
29 Jul 2016
7/28/2016 2:32 PM (edited)
Sorry this fell off last season but I should be able to keep up with it this time around. If we get good participation it should be noticeably different then the WIS top 10.
7/20/2016 8:52 AM
Sent
7/20/2016 4:01 PM
Sent
7/20/2016 6:17 PM
sent
7/20/2016 9:18 PM
sent
7/20/2016 9:54 PM
sent
7/20/2016 10:22 PM
sent
7/20/2016 10:29 PM
Sent
7/20/2016 10:45 PM
You've got mail.
7/20/2016 10:57 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Ill spend this morning getting all the data compiled during lulls at work and should have it posted by this afternoon at the latest.
7/21/2016 1:07 AM

Coaches Poll Sneak Preview

So the results are in and a big thanks goes out to all the coaches that sent me sitemails and emails over the past night. Since we still have a couple hours until I can get home and upload everything I wanted to give you guys a taste of what is to come.

In D1A everything came in close to what you would find in the WIS rankings. It almost felt like I was just copying them word for word. Miami (FL), even though I should have took half his points since some of you didn’t specify which Miami (FL), came in at 8th on the Coaches Poll. This makes him the undisputed 8th ranked team! Bama has faced human coaches since week 1 of the season and has soundly beat every single one of them except tkechub. Miami (FL) missed a late field goal that would have taken the game to overtime and who knows what would have happened. The predictions that Miami (FL) may not win the ACC in Bama’s first season there or that it will take seasons for him to win a NC seem far-fetched right now. If Bama could do what he did with Virginia I can only see his ranking going up from here and another ACC title on its way.

Moving over to D1AA we have a surprise team that’s going to come in at 4th on the Coaches Poll. Howard, under the direction mraston, is becoming a true “Worst to First” team. After beating Youngstown State, a game most probably predicted he would lose, he earned a WIS ranking of #1. mraston smartly put together a schedule that wasn’t cake but had games he could win with the only major challenge so far being YSU. At this rate we could have Howard positioned to be a 1 seed at the end of the season. There are a few challenges still to come with another Top 10 team still on his schedule but it is possible.

With 11 Coaches voting in D1AA and 8 in D1A we had 40 teams across both divisions receiving votes making this the best poll to date. Thank you again for everyone that contributes and I hope to have the final results posted in a few hours.

7/21/2016 10:15 AM (edited)
Wilkinsoncoachespoll.tk has been updated!
7/21/2016 12:41 PM
Good Work, that looks really nice!
7/21/2016 1:40 PM
Adjusting the schedule slightly. Next coaches poll will be due tomorrow after the games.
7/23/2016 4:56 AM
123 Next ▸
Season 123 Coaches Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.