Coach Ward's Miles Team Topic

Sigh, looks like today's PC culture has even seeped into HD and it's message boards. Dress it up any way you like fellas, but you can't polish a turd.
7/22/2016 11:31 AM
He "might", and I emphasis "might", have a chance to break even every once in a while, make the NT every once in a while, but only if he listens to those people who are trying to help him. He won't, so.......he won't.

You're right, he's only got 5 seasons in and yet he's trying to argue basic facts with coaches who have as many NC's as he does total seasons. And that attitude is why he won't succeed.
7/22/2016 11:45 AM (edited)
Posted by emy1013 on 7/22/2016 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Sigh, looks like today's PC culture has even seeped into HD and it's message boards. Dress it up any way you like fellas, but you can't polish a turd.
Yeah, I know right, it's way better when we can unabashed pick on people who "deserve" it.
7/22/2016 11:58 AM
I do like his enthusiasm and optimism. He likes the game, so I want to encourage him.
7/22/2016 12:10 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/22/2016 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 7/22/2016 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, I know right, it's way better when we can unabashed pick on people who "deserve" it.
So now telling the truth is "picking on" someone? It's also "unabashedly" in your particular example.
7/22/2016 12:20 PM
There is a big difference between being right and doing the right thing.

I suspect that you and I have different definitions of doing the right thing though, because, you know, we're different people.

And yeah, referring to someone as a turd is picking on someone.
7/22/2016 12:37 PM
the above poster is a turd.

Am I doing it right?
7/22/2016 12:43 PM
That's fine.
7/22/2016 1:40 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/22/2016 12:37:00 PM (view original):
There is a big difference between being right and doing the right thing.

I suspect that you and I have different definitions of doing the right thing though, because, you know, we're different people.

And yeah, referring to someone as a turd is picking on someone.
Yes, I suspect we probably do. For instance, I did the right thing in my eyes by volunteering to serve my country for four years. Then I decided to do the right thing by taking a job in a law enforcement position as a career in order to help protect my local community. But you're right we're different people with different definitions. The only thing I'm positive we agree upon is that neither of us will allow anyone to question our integrity, correct? I just don't like to sugar coat things unnecessarily if I don't have to, that's a big reason why this country is in the shape it's in. People are so worried now about getting their feelings hurt or hurting the feelings of someone else. Sometimes the truth hurts but sometimes it's really needed. And I'm not even a conservative. How about that?!?

And I have to say I'm a little disappointed in you TJ. The "turd' that seems to be stuck in your craw (intended) referred to his coaching abilities, not him personally. I'm disappointed because I figured that you, of all people, would be able to tell the difference. Him personally? Oh, my thoughts of him personally are far, far different than that. In fact. I'd kind of feel sorry for him personally if he wasn't so hardheaded and stubborn. I think if you watch his videos that he's somewhat delusional. Just watch them and listen to his claims of what he's done and you'll see what I mean.

But enough about me, good luck with your Miles team CoachWard. Sincerely. I really hope you actually LISTEN to the advice you're getting and improve your coaching abilities. I will admit, it IS nice to have enthusiastic coaches like you playing the game.
7/22/2016 3:37 PM (edited)
By the way TJ, are you a sports fan? You have a favorite team? Your favorite team have a rival? Your favorite rival have a player you don't like? You ever said to your friends that the rival team's star player sucks? Or that he's a ****** player? Or that you hate him? If you say you haven't then you're a liar and if you say you have then by your twisted logic you're "picking" on him. Pot, kettle or do you prefer glass houses, stones? It's a slippery slope my friend, careful where you tread....
7/22/2016 3:35 PM
Are *any* of those examples analogous to Mr. 95? Punch up, emy; it's much more rewarding than punching down.
7/22/2016 4:11 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 7/22/2016 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Are *any* of those examples analogous to Mr. 95? Punch up, emy; it's much more rewarding than punching down.
I'm done punching, I'm old and out of breath. Just venting a little that's all. I know I shouldn't let it but it just bothers me when someone tries to play that "holier than thou" game.

And no, those weren't directed at Wardo, those were directing at high horse Joe and his "being right, doing the right thing" pompous ***.

On that note, I am stress free (for the moment anyway), vents are closed, time to go crawl back under the rock for a decade or so. Have fun and good luck to all you "turds". Oh gosh, I better go quick before someone's feewings get hurwut.
7/22/2016 4:24 PM (edited)
Point is, Ward is an idiot. Being new and inexperienced is one thing, we have all been there. But asking for advice and then openly ignoring and condemning it while publicly talking **** on those and others is a bit much.
7/22/2016 5:25 PM
Folks, TJ (Trentonjoe) sent me a sitemail explaining a few things, I responded explaining a few things and after some consideration I believe him to be correct and that I've probably been a bit too harsh on a few different people. I'd like to offer a public apology to those I've offended. Right or wrong, opinion or fact, truth or falsehood, I probably shouldn't have posted some of those things in the first place.
7/22/2016 6:34 PM
i guess i have to pick up the slack
7/22/2016 7:02 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Coach Ward's Miles Team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.