Redshirting a transfer Topic

In D3 I had a transfer, who was a junior, considering me for several cycles. No other apparent interest from other schools.
I informed him that I planned on redshirting him and sent along 2 HV's. His reply was "You crazy!" and moved to undecided.
I have read often of others redshirting Jucos by sending 2 HV's. Did this action go sour because 2 HV's was not enough or was it because he is a transfer and not a Juco? Is it even possible to successfully redshirt a transfer?
7/22/2016 11:17 AM
Probably not enough. Ive needed at least 3 when I've done it. But only on juco. Did you send a couple more?
7/22/2016 11:32 AM
No, I reversed it. I'm waiting now for the next cycle to see if he goes back to considering me. It was sort of an experiment that seemed logical at the time.
I really don't need him this year. It will just be hard to get him many minutes. I would have taken a walk-on but I have 6 seniors so there would be no recruiting advantage next year.
7/22/2016 12:17 PM
It probably just wasn't enough effort. My guess is that he'll go back to considering just you (unless someone jumps on him this specific cycle).
7/22/2016 12:24 PM
Posted by geneferrell on 7/22/2016 12:17:00 PM (view original):
No, I reversed it. I'm waiting now for the next cycle to see if he goes back to considering me. It was sort of an experiment that seemed logical at the time.
I really don't need him this year. It will just be hard to get him many minutes. I would have taken a walk-on but I have 6 seniors so there would be no recruiting advantage next year.
Why not just send him a couple more HVs?
7/22/2016 1:30 PM
Probably should have sent a couple more hv's, but it is now reversed and all is well. Thanks for the advice.

7/22/2016 2:29 PM
Redshirting a transfer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.