#2 Div I RB will go to an AI? What am I missing? Topic

I've focused on this guy from the first. Tried to spend a ton of money but he never wanted to visit. And apparently he never wanted to visit anywhere else, because his top 3 are still all AI. Is this common in D-I? Seems stupid to me. What does GD expect this will do in terms of attracting new players?
7/22/2016 3:30 PM
How many CVs did you offer him at a time? Sometimes you have to offer the CVs in groups of 4 or 5 to get them to accept. Also, did you make any phone calls? Often just a few phone calls will get them to accept a CV.
7/22/2016 3:56 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Did you hit him early on the first day? If not, ai's can be as difficult to dislodge as a stubborn tick on a coonhound.
7/22/2016 6:54 PM
Sorry I was late getting back to this. If I remember correctly I scheduled 5 CV's the first cycle. I continued to schedule multiple CV;s throughout. It was my first year coaching D-IA and it was Army, not a top school, so I could see him rejecting me, but he must have rejected everybody else. too. Odd.
8/20/2016 7:14 PM
If you want to knock off a SIM in the first cycle or two, five CVs are not nearly enough. I generally send 15, knowing some of them will be rejected and I will get the money back. Scheduling multiple CVs throughout isn't going to do it, either, because the SIMs are doing the same thing. You need to send a lot early, since the SIMs are putting money into the recruits every cycle and the cumulative effect can be difficult to overcome.
8/20/2016 8:56 PM
New player here. You send 15 CV's at a time? Has a player ever taken you up on all of them?
8/20/2016 9:01 PM
Posted by brianplath on 8/20/2016 9:01:00 PM (view original):
New player here. You send 15 CV's at a time? Has a player ever taken you up on all of them?
At d1 that is pretty normal imo. At d3 that would be suicide. As you progress up levels it's harder to knock a sim off.
8/20/2016 9:28 PM
At D1A yes. Rule of thumb for me is 5 CVs per SIM (but recently ive been trying 3). On the first cycle they will never take all the CVs you offered so you get a large chunk of the money spent back. Later cycles though they will take all CVs offered,
8/21/2016 1:29 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 7/22/2016 5:39:00 PM (view original):
it's not common at all... and at DIA you should probably know the basics of recruiting enough to knock off simAI... especially on a player you've spent alot of money since the beginning? this no make the sense broski
It's his first season at D1A hence why he is asking whats going and if its common. I feel like answering the questions would have been way more help then how you approached it.
8/21/2016 1:31 PM
Definitely more than 5 a cycle at DIA, rarely do they accept ALL of them. Most of the time you get a decent chunk back.
8/21/2016 1:57 PM
I send batches of 3 CVs along with a HC or AC visits, and multiple batches in a cycle if I want to hit em hard - they rarely accept all in the first cycle but also rare for them to reject all.
8/22/2016 10:02 AM
#2 Div I RB will go to an AI? What am I missing? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.