1B McGwire - Stacked lineup behind him with Palmeiro, Bagwell, Giambi
2B Bret Boone
SS Ripken - Backup: Tejada and his "supplements"
3B ARod
LF Bonds
CF Griffey
RF Sosa
DH Canseco
Mingling proven users and suspected users kind of skews the process. A few guys on your list have never even had so much as a rumour to "confirm" they used PEDs.
7/26/2016 3:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2016 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Is Mantle the token whitey RACIST!!!!! BL is throwing in the mix just so his true intentions to soil black players' name is covered up?
Maybe. But it's more likely that BL's just a dumbass.
7/26/2016 3:04 PM
Well, his dumbassery has been prominently on display for a few years.
7/26/2016 3:06 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/26/2016 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2016 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Is Mantle the token whitey RACIST!!!!! BL is throwing in the mix just so his true intentions to soil black players' name is covered up?
Maybe. But it's more likely that BL's just a dumbass.
What, alcohol doesn't count as a PED?
7/26/2016 3:07 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/26/2016 2:56:00 PM (view original):
And I know you're playing the "Greenies = PEDs" card.

So dumb.

And so wrong.
How do you figure? They make you more alert, and have now been scientifically demonstrated to improve athletic performance. Let me copy and post from the Wikipedia page on amphetamines:

Amphetamine is used by some athletes for its psychological and athletic performance-enhancing effects, such as increased endurance and alertness;[26][39] however, non-medical amphetamine use is prohibited at sporting events that are regulated by collegiate, national, and international anti-doping agencies.[75][76] In healthy people at oral therapeutic doses, amphetamine has been shown to increase muscle strength, acceleration, athletic performance in anaerobic conditions, and endurance (i.e., it delays the onset of fatigue), while improving reaction time.[26][77][78] Amphetamine improves endurance and reaction time primarily through reuptake inhibition and effluxion of dopamine in the central nervous system.[77][78][79] Amphetamine and other dopaminergic drugs also increase power output at fixed levels of perceived exertion by overriding a "safety switch" that allows the core temperature limit to increase in order to access a reserve capacity that is normally off-limits.[78][80][81] At therapeutic doses, the adverse effects of amphetamine do not impede athletic performance;[26][77] however, at much higher doses, amphetamine can induce effects that severely impair performance, such as rapid muscle breakdown and elevated body temperature.[27][38][77]

7/26/2016 3:13 PM
Caffeine.

Look, I've argued that knee surgery, eyeglasses, etc, etc are performance enhancers. Because, quite frankly, they are. If they make you runner better, see better or, basically, do anything better, they enhance your performance.

So, as I mentioned earlier, if MLB isn't testing for it, you're only cheating yourself if you don't find a way to do your best. But, once MLB decides something is illegal AND specifically disallows it, it's cheating baseball.

Were amphetamines tested when players were gulping them by the handful?
7/26/2016 3:19 PM
Amphetamines were against the law. Knee surgeries and caffeine were not.
7/26/2016 3:23 PM
Did I ask "Were amphetamines against the law?"

Wait here while I check.
7/26/2016 3:24 PM
OK, I checked. I did not. Do your best to stay on topic, fucknuts.
7/26/2016 3:25 PM
It is against the law to punch people in the face. Odor was not put in jail for smacking Bautista around.
It is against the law to slide into people who are standing around. Rose didn't spend a minute in jail for taking out Harrelson.
It is against the law to throw things at people. Clemens was not arrested for plunking Piazza in the noggin.

The "law" and "rules of baseball" aren't the same. So STFU bad_lawyer.
7/26/2016 3:30 PM
But if we're making an all PED list, Mantle/Mays/Aaron belong because they used PEDs.
7/26/2016 3:39 PM
And we can throw every ballplayer who drank coffee onto the list.
7/26/2016 3:46 PM
I think we're all smart enough to make the distinction between coffee and amphetamines.
7/26/2016 3:47 PM
And I genuinely don't give a **** about PED use, I'd put Bonds and Clemens in the Hall tomorrow if I could. But let's be consistent. If we're going to be outraged at guys like Bonds and keep guys like Bagwell out of the Hall despite zero evidence of usage, we should admit that some of the greats also used drugs to enhance their performance.
7/26/2016 3:51 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 3:47:00 PM (view original):
I think we're all smart enough to make the distinction between coffee and amphetamines.
Sez the guy who doesn't understand the difference between steroids and amphetamines.

What is Caffeine?

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. It works by stimulating the brain. Caffeine is found naturally in foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, colas, energy and chocolate. Botanical sources of caffeine include kola nuts, guarana, and yerba mate. Caffeine is also available in prescription and non-prescription medications.

Caffeine is used to restore mental alertness or wakefulness during fatigue or drowsiness. Caffeine is also found in some headache and migraine medications, in certain dietary supplements used for weight loss, and in many popular energy drinks.

7/26/2016 3:53 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...14 Next ▸
All PED induction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.