All PED induction Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2016 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 3:47:00 PM (view original):
I think we're all smart enough to make the distinction between coffee and amphetamines.
Sez the guy who doesn't understand the difference between steroids and amphetamines.

What is Caffeine?

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. It works by stimulating the brain. Caffeine is found naturally in foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, colas, energy and chocolate. Botanical sources of caffeine include kola nuts, guarana, and yerba mate. Caffeine is also available in prescription and non-prescription medications.

Caffeine is used to restore mental alertness or wakefulness during fatigue or drowsiness. Caffeine is also found in some headache and migraine medications, in certain dietary supplements used for weight loss, and in many popular energy drinks.

thanks, Mikwiki23.
7/26/2016 3:54 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 3:51:00 PM (view original):
And I genuinely don't give a **** about PED use, I'd put Bonds and Clemens in the Hall tomorrow if I could. But let's be consistent. If we're going to be outraged at guys like Bonds and keep guys like Bagwell out of the Hall despite zero evidence of usage, we should admit that some of the greats also used drugs to enhance their performance.
Drugs like caffeine?
7/26/2016 3:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2016 3:54:00 PM (view original):
And I genuinely don't give a **** about PED use, I'd put Bonds and Clemens in the Hall tomorrow if I could. But let's be consistent. If we're going to be outraged at guys like Bonds and keep guys like Bagwell out of the Hall despite zero evidence of usage, we should admit that some of the greats also used drugs to enhance their performance.
Drugs like caffeine?
No, illegal drugs. You should know that, Mikwiki23.
7/26/2016 3:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2016 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 3:47:00 PM (view original):
I think we're all smart enough to make the distinction between coffee and amphetamines.
Sez the guy who doesn't understand the difference between steroids and amphetamines.

What is Caffeine?

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. It works by stimulating the brain. Caffeine is found naturally in foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, colas, energy and chocolate. Botanical sources of caffeine include kola nuts, guarana, and yerba mate. Caffeine is also available in prescription and non-prescription medications.

Caffeine is used to restore mental alertness or wakefulness during fatigue or drowsiness. Caffeine is also found in some headache and migraine medications, in certain dietary supplements used for weight loss, and in many popular energy drinks.

thanks, Mikwiki23.
Actually from www.drugs.com.

In case you were inclined to argue that caffeine isn't a drug.
7/26/2016 3:55 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Drugs like caffeine?
Didn't I already say that were not arguing "law" and "rules of baseball", bad_lawyer?

Because, if we were, I'd point out a few instances where things are done on the baseball field that lands you in jail on the street.

Oh, wait, already did that.
7/26/2016 3:57 PM
So we shouldn't hold any PED users accountable pre-2003? Because that's when testing began.

And if your answer is yes, cool. Let's take McGwire off the PED user list.
7/26/2016 3:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2016 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Drugs like caffeine?
Didn't I already say that were not arguing "law" and "rules of baseball", bad_lawyer?

Because, if we were, I'd point out a few instances where things are done on the baseball field that lands you in jail on the street.

Oh, wait, already did that.
Well, using PEDs now in baseball also doesn't land you in jail.
7/26/2016 4:00 PM
On the bright side, my little lineup seems to have sparked a NEW BL/MikeT/Tec circle jerk...

7/26/2016 4:05 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 7/26/2016 4:05:00 PM (view original):
On the bright side, my little lineup seems to have sparked a NEW BL/MikeT/Tec circle jerk...

now way, tec bowed out and mike is about to.
7/26/2016 4:06 PM
This will be over in a page or so.
7/26/2016 4:06 PM
Yep. I decided to give you an hour. But, fortunately, I found something else to do. Back on block.
7/26/2016 4:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/26/2016 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Yep. I decided to give you an hour. But, fortunately, I found something else to do. Back on block.
Is there an emoji for an eye roll matched with a jerk off pantomime?
7/26/2016 4:10 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 3:59:00 PM (view original):
So we shouldn't hold any PED users accountable pre-2003? Because that's when testing began.

And if your answer is yes, cool. Let's take McGwire off the PED user list.
McGwire should get a pass. That's why voters are stupid. As Mike has said, anyone who used PEDs prior to their being testing for them wasn't really guilty of anything. I don't see how people can say "That guy did something that wasn't against the rules of baseball at the time...BUT IT WAS WRONG! HE STILL CHEATED!"

If you do something that's not against the rules, it's not cheating. Whether a guy used PEDs and whether he broke the rules are two different things. When voters cry "He used PEDs!" they're implication is that player cheated, but if they used before testing/official rules were in place, then the player did nothing wrong.
7/26/2016 4:37 PM (edited)
So McGwire, like Mantle, used PEDs but didn't break the rules. Ok.
7/26/2016 4:43 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/26/2016 4:43:00 PM (view original):
So McGwire, like Mantle, used PEDs but didn't break the rules. Ok.
I'm not going to get into an argument about who used what or what people consider a PED, because I really don't care. If someone (like Bonds or ARod) used PEDs after it was explicitly made against the rules of MLB, then the voters have every right to use that against them and label them cheaters. Prior to that, you can't really hold it against a player for using something within the rules to improve their performance. As Mike said, if it's not against the rules, they're only cheating themselves by not giving it a try.
7/26/2016 5:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...14 Next ▸
All PED induction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.