Relative newbie and certainly an amateur here, looking to get better at this and try to have some fun doing so. I ruined one team by not knowing what I'm doing so I moved to a different one with some lessons learned, but I digress.

My real question is, let say you're playing a team with a very strong starter, but little depth behind him. Would you try to attack that guy offensively, by setting distribution numbers higher for your starter at the corresponding position, attempting to get the other player in foul trouble, or would you game plan around said player? I know this is a situation dependent question, but I guess I'm also curious on the thoughts of if it's possible to target a particular player to get him foul trouble or if you should just adjust to playing around him. Thanks to you all in advance.

7/23/2016 10:51 AM
If the opponent runs a man-2-man defense, then i think that can be a good idea. M2M will have the one-on-one matchup, and the tendency may be for the targeted defender to pick up fouls. This will be more effective if the defender has low DEF, low ATH for big men, or low SPD for guards... (and on the flipside, your offensive guy has good ATH and LP for big men, and good SPD and BH (amd ATH as a bonus) for guards.

Versus Zone and Press it's a little different...

Zone (a 2-3 zone) on defense combines the ratings of the 2 guards into one composite rating (for ATH, SPD, REB, DEF and BLK)... it also combines the SF and PF ratings into one composite rating in the same way. The center stands alone.

Press works as a series of double-teams, and it's good for your team (your players with higher distribution) to have good BH and PASS, but it's tough to target 1 specific defender, generally.

Looking quickly at the recruits that you signed, they all seem solid in ATH and DEF, which is the #1 key to building a solid team in Hoops Dynasty from what i've experienced.

Good luck!

7/23/2016 11:41 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.