Winning the impossible line Topic

Im at -54 tonight, that's nuts, and I think I'll win by a comfortable 30 but what is the largest line that someone has held? Example: someone at -76 wins 123-46.
7/23/2016 3:49 PM
I covered something in the 70s with my ramapo team a few seasons ago against a ****** sim team.
7/23/2016 3:56 PM
It's funny when you see a line like -102 (and they show up from time to time) and the team favored doesn't even average that many points per game.

I had a situation like that once (with a smaller spread though). I was favored by 70 something and I had been running slow down all season and was only averaging in the high 60's. Hmmmm....
7/23/2016 4:11 PM
I think I hold the record for biggest favorite to lose. Many, many, many seasons ago I was a 62 point favorite against a Sim team. He went absolutely nuts from the three point line (PF's and a C drilling threes) and I lost by 2 points. What's even crazier is that in the other 34 games I played that year, I was 33-1 (with that 1 loss coming in a tip in at the buzzer to a top 5 team) and won the National Championship. D2 Northern Colorado in Knight, season 28.

I don't know man, you figure it out.......
7/23/2016 4:18 PM (edited)
Tonight in Phelan I'm an 82 point favorite and my team is averaging 72.5 points per game this year.
7/23/2016 4:22 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/23/2016 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Tonight in Phelan I'm an 82 point favorite and my team is averaging 72.5 points per game this year.
A couple seasons ago on chestnut I was favored by more than even my highest scoring game of the season. By several points. Needless to say, I didn't come close to covering.

Does anyone know how exactly the scoring lines are created? What is the formula that goes in to it?
7/23/2016 4:32 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/23/2016 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 7/23/2016 4:22:00 PM (view original):
A couple seasons ago on chestnut I was favored by more than even my highest scoring game of the season. By several points. Needless to say, I didn't come close to covering.

Does anyone know how exactly the scoring lines are created? What is the formula that goes in to it?
I think the get a chimpanzee drunk and then let it throw a dart at a dart board. That gives them the base number to start with. That number is then put in a formula that is more of a secret than the formula for Coca-Cola. I think the collective work ethics of both team's are one part of the formula, along with the locations of each player's hometown, GPA's, heights, weights, collective number of ear rings the team has, total number of tattoos, shoe size, and number of girls knocked up. That is then fed into a computer and 12 numbers are spit out. These 12 numbers are then placed in a circle like numbers on a clock. After that, they get a drunken midget, spin him around two dozen times until he's almost ready to puke, and then whatever number he passes out on is the spread for that game. What's insane is that on any given night there are a maximum of 492 games per world, then you have games in potentially 10 worlds, and that poor drunken midget Stretch has to go through that for every single game. He's paid minimum wage PLUS tips and a lap dance from the chimp though, so it's worth it.

Or maybe not.
7/23/2016 4:56 PM (edited)
Just had a +87...was only able to cover 57.....left leg is in a cast. Dog is dead.
7/23/2016 5:16 PM
I covered 70+ point spreads a bunch of times with my CSU Chico team in Knight last season. We scored a lot of points. Unfortunately that team seemed to be built to absolutely destroy bad teams as its only talent. We lost every time we played a decent team and got bounced in the first round.
7/23/2016 6:14 PM
Winning the impossible line Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.