Unthinkable situation Topic

If there is a battle between two teams and there is one team that is "definitely ahead" of the other, without the team behind putting in any effort, the recruit would go to the leading team...... Well here is a random situation: The team that is ahead has already signed 6 freshman (maxing out his potential recruits). The recruit is still leaning towards a team that he cannot sign with.

Does the recruit then sign with the trailing team or go JUCO?
7/23/2016 6:20 PM
Since the team that was ahead had already signed 6 freshman, I'm thinking that team will get kicked off his consider list on the next cycle, but not sure on that.
7/23/2016 6:34 PM
The recruit will continue to consider the leading team right up to the very end of recruiting. As long as the trailing team is on the consideration list and has offered a schollie and is not also restricted in signing him, he will sign with the next school down on his consideration list.
7/23/2016 6:42 PM
The 6th and final freshman was signed 6 cycles ago. I am wondering if he will eventually drop them, or if he will choose neither team.
7/23/2016 6:42 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 7/23/2016 6:42:00 PM (view original):
The recruit will continue to consider the leading team right up to the very end of recruiting. As long as the trailing team is on the consideration list and has offered a schollie and is not also restricted in signing him, he will sign with the next school down on his consideration list.
Thank you. Have you seen this before? Seems like a very rare occurrence to me.
7/23/2016 6:43 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 7/23/2016 6:42:00 PM (view original):
this is one possible scenario. when a school signs 6, and there is no spot, there is a hit to the considering credit of all remaining players. so if the gap between the credit of the two schools is big enough, it will go like you say, but that is not guaranteed.

there might even be an over-time effect where the guy steadily reduces credit, but that might be something else, i can't remember anymore.
7/24/2016 1:43 PM
Unthinkable situation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.