Which guard do you like? Topic

I have 4 starting spots set for next year (Guard: Potter, SF: Lukas, PF: [Juco/Transfer], C: Kinnison) and I have 3 backups set also (SF: Ducksworth, PF: Thomson, C: Foster with Jewell redshirting) There is a pretty intriguing battle between 3 guards for one starting spot and two Backup spots.

Potter is great and can easily shift around between PG and SG next year so these three guys will fit in three spots: Starting Combo Guard, Backup Point, and Backup SG. I will post the players with the projected ratings for the start of next year:

John Greiner:
A: 48
Sp: 77
R: 1
De: 50
Bl: 2
L:12
Pe: 41
Bh: 90
Pa: 83
St: 75

David Weiss:
A: 73
Sp: 69
R: 9
De: 82
Bl: 14
L:1
Pe: 19
Bh: 58
Pa: 60
St: 84

George Lux:
A: 69
Sp: 76
R: 10
De: 57
Bl: 88
L:17
Pe: 62
Bh: 57
Pa: 62
St: 64

My plan is to have two lineups, which I can change based on matchups. One has Potter at point, backed-up by Greiner along with Lux starting SG backed up by Weiss. The other, similar, line-up has Weiss starting PG, backed up by Greiner and Potter starting SG backed up by Lux.

Another line-up that crossed my mind was a potential one where Wiess/Greiner starts (based on matchups), Lux starting at SG and Potter backs up PG, SG and SF (Obviously the non-starting Wiess/Greiner would also backup Pg and Ducksworth would help back up SG and SF.

What do you guys think?
7/23/2016 7:35 PM (edited)
Personally, I'd want Weiss on the floor as much as possible as a lockdown defender type, so I'd put him in the lineup leaving Greiner at backup point and Lux as your backup 2. The stamina of 84 will keep him on the floor. the Ath/Spd/Def combo should pick you up a good number of steals (40-45 for the season I would guess if you run a press) and his Ath/Spd will at least get him to the foul line for you. The BH and Pass are high enough that they shouldn't be liabilities for you if he's in the starting rotation.

At least that's my two cents. If you're worried about maintaining possessions, I can see an argument for starting Greiner and letting that high BH/pass combo work for you...
7/23/2016 7:48 PM
Posted by rednu on 7/23/2016 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Personally, I'd want Weiss on the floor as much as possible as a lockdown defender type, so I'd put him in the lineup leaving Greiner at backup point and Lux as your backup 2. The stamina of 84 will keep him on the floor. the Ath/Spd/Def combo should pick you up a good number of steals (40-45 for the season I would guess if you run a press) and his Ath/Spd will at least get him to the foul line for you. The BH and Pass are high enough that they shouldn't be liabilities for you if he's in the starting rotation.

At least that's my two cents. If you're worried about maintaining possessions, I can see an argument for starting Greiner and letting that high BH/pass combo work for you...
Agreed, I am wary of Greiners poor Defense.
7/23/2016 8:05 PM
Does everyone agree with Rednu?
7/24/2016 8:05 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/23/2016 7:35:00 PM (view original):
I have 4 starting spots set for next year (Guard: Potter, SF: Lukas, PF: [Juco/Transfer], C: Kinnison) and I have 3 backups set also (SF: Ducksworth, PF: Thomson, C: Foster with Jewell redshirting) There is a pretty intriguing battle between 3 guards for one starting spot and two Backup spots.

Potter is great and can easily shift around between PG and SG next year so these three guys will fit in three spots: Starting Combo Guard, Backup Point, and Backup SG. I will post the players with the projected ratings for the start of next year:

John Greiner:

David Weiss:

George Lux:

My plan is to have two lineups, which I can change based on matchups. One has Potter at point, backed-up by Greiner along with Lux starting SG backed up by Weiss. The other, similar, line-up has Weiss starting PG, backed up by Greiner and Potter starting SG backed up by Lux.

Another line-up that crossed my mind was a potential one where Wiess/Greiner starts (based on matchups), Lux starting at SG and Potter backs up PG, SG and SF (Obviously the non-starting Wiess/Greiner would also backup Pg and Ducksworth would help back up SG and SF.

What do you guys think?
I would have John on the floor.
7/24/2016 8:23 PM
Id be tempted to start Lux just to get his 20 work ethic going.....but weiss is the best option right now
7/24/2016 8:29 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/24/2016 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/23/2016 7:35:00 PM (view original):

John Greiner:

David Weiss:

George Lux:

What do you guys think?
I would have John on the floor.
Thanks but no thanks!
7/24/2016 9:39 PM
Which guard do you like? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.