Bad range in center Topic

have two teams right now where centerfield is a problem defensively- at least on paper.

I have a 74 73 range glove in center on one team and 75 97 range glove on another

the first guy has one negative play and one error in nine games

the second has no errors, negative or positive plays in 40 games.

do those numbers match expectations? I take it for the first guy, I'd have to be getting in a really good bat in the extra spot over a no bat, all glove center fielder, considering the bad defense in center, and the lesser defense in left or right that I'm getting compared to moving the 74/72 guy to left (he's a lefty)

is the second guy actually holding his own? Seems like ten points under range would be a big deal.
7/24/2016 2:42 AM
I'm always a bit scared to go less than 85 range in center unless the other ratings are significantly better than average. But in the end its all about performance. If the second player is holding his own and swinging the bat, then why not leave him there until he proves otherwise?
7/24/2016 8:46 AM
Ten games is a very small sample. Even 40 games is still small. For the second player, obv. the 97 glove makes a big difference. I had an 80/96 player on an old team and he fielded CF well. The problem with sub-par range won't necessarily show up in fielding stats... your pitchers will suffer because more balls will drop in for hits. Compare your players against the other CFs in those worlds for Range Factor, see how they stack up. Very generally speaking, RF for a CF should be minimum 2.00.

7/24/2016 9:59 AM
Bad range in center Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.