FULL-New Commish-Join Steinbrenner Today Topic

Welcome to the newest version of the Steinbrenner World of HBD. Our illustrious former commish, thewheaties, handed me the reigns as his "real life" has taken priority. As a long time owner in HBD, I have seen all kinds of worlds-good and bad. Steinbrenner is a good one. Please come join a great group of owners as we kick off season 21. We have 10 openings ( a little more than normal) to choose from. A smorgasbord of different franchises are available--Hell! the entire NL North is open. You could win that division by just showing up :). See below for my little recap of all the openings:

American League

Kansas City Franchise-Historically the class of the AL North as they have finished in first place 4 of the last 5 seasons. Strong ML roster with all the best players under 30 and no bad contracts.
Minnesota Franchise-Great Rebuild opportunity. ML roster is not so hot but tons of MiLB talent and good budget to work with to continue the work.
Jacksonville Franchise- Previous owner tore down the historically mediocre team last season and left this thing prime for a new owner to put his (or hers) own stamp on it. Another nice rebuild opp!
Monterrey Franchise- A really good team in a really tough division. They won 85 and still finished 4th. The good news is that it may only take adding one pice to move from worst to first. I would definitely look at this one if you want to add some payroll and go hard in FA. You could have a winner here real quick!
Colorado Franchise- Long-time owner left this team is great shape. Colorado is a hitter's paradise and this team has the offensive talent to win the WS for sure. Back slid a little to 82 wins last season but that looks like an anomaly. Win now with this one!

National League

Cleveland Franchise- Interesting division the NL North. Cleveland won 76 games and the Divison title. If you want to make the playoffs in year one these first four in the National League are that opportunity.
Chicago Franchise-Won 74 and finished 2nd. You could take this franchise in a number of directions. Spend and win now or tear it down to build for the future.
Toronto Franchise- I sorta like where this one is headed. The last few seasons have been down ones but the ML roster is young and cheap. The minors arer starting be stocked. I see a bright future for this franchise.
Fargo Franchise- If you like a challenge, this is for you. A multitude of ownership changes over the past 9-10 seasons has screwed this one up. I like these type of challenges. Do you?
Trenton Franchise-Good team in a tough division. Young, cheap ML talent. This is a good situation for a "win now"

Please sitemail me for the password so we can get this thing filled. First three to join get a $5 WIS GC (after the season completes)
8/2/2016 4:30 PM (edited)
Toronto is good one
7/25/2016 8:59 AM (edited)
Great league with no drama and very capable owners makes for very competitive league. Owners very helpful when I joined as a new owner a few seasons back. You won't be disappointed.
7/24/2016 7:43 PM
Trenton is gone. Down to 9
7/25/2016 8:59 AM (edited)
New blog is up and running. Check it out here!
7/25/2016 5:52 PM
This league is awesome. Great owners. Great league to start out in.
7/27/2016 3:09 PM
come and join this competitive league
7/27/2016 7:02 PM
Still at 9....what will take to get YOU to JOIN today!
7/28/2016 1:08 PM
Should be down to 8 today. Who else?
7/29/2016 9:57 AM
Now 7.. Who is next? Colorado franchise has been claimed.
7/29/2016 4:32 PM
Come and join one of the best leagues!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone makes great effort to compete all the way to the end of the season.

7/29/2016 9:33 PM
Chicago (NL) claimed. Down to 6. can we make this happen by Monday?
7/30/2016 9:29 AM
Time is running out. Get in this league while you still can. You won't regret it.
7/30/2016 6:36 PM
Can you take a team and turn its fortunes around?????? Can you win the World Series in your first season???? Join now and find out...............?
8/1/2016 1:00 AM
Listen this is one of the best leagues. Everyone is willing to make trades and compete at the highest levels. You won't get a bunch of bad trade offers because everyone respects each other and don't take advantage of new owners either. Just a great fun league to be in.
8/1/2016 10:10 AM
12 Next ▸
FULL-New Commish-Join Steinbrenner Today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.