Does WIS ever "fix" things?IIs .... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
the answer is no.

I drafted 2000 Cristian Guzman at SS for a triples hitting team a while back. In real life he had 22 errors. Midway thru the season he had 30some already and just finished a game where he committed 6 errors in 1 game. I sent in a ticket to complain and all I got back was "He's not a very good fielder".

Hmmm...... I wonder why people are leaving this site?
7/24/2016 7:13 PM
I'm playing the A+/A+ Tony Phillips on a team at second base. The season isn't quite over, but so far he has made 13 errors. His fielding percentage is .986, whereas his real life fielding percentage was .996. About 70% of the starts have been made by modern pitchers. I can understand it when pitching and hitting stats are way different from the actual seasons, but it seems to me that fielding percentages should be close.
7/25/2016 12:09 AM
Well, you can look at the Performance Histories which will give you a better picture than one season (or a part of one season).

2000 SS Cristian Guzman
RL fielding .967
PH .965 in 25 usages

1991 2B Tony Phillips
RL fielding .996
PH .996 in 127 usages
7/25/2016 1:03 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 7/25/2016 1:03:00 AM (view original):
Well, you can look at the Performance Histories which will give you a better picture than one season (or a part of one season).

2000 SS Cristian Guzman
RL fielding .967
PH .965 in 25 usages

1991 2B Tony Phillips
RL fielding .996
PH .996 in 127 usages
Which still doesn't explain why he had to commit 6 errors in 1 game. Had someone from administration said there is a bug that causes this, or the times when a pitcher walks 4 or 5 batters in 1 inning when he only walks 2 per 9 innings in RL I would understand but they won't admit there is a problem.
7/25/2016 7:37 AM
Was Guzman fatigued? Fatigue will cause fielding to deteriorate. What season did the pitcher on the mound come from? Fielders will fare worse with older pitchers on the mound. What year were the batters who put each ball in play? Fielding adjustments are also weighted by the season of the batter. 6 errors in one game is extreme, but over hundreds of thousands of games simulated, extreme things are going to happen. Usually, they are caused by just plain luck, either good or bad, rather than some systematic bug. Bugs don't selectively decide when to work and when not to work and only affect some players some of the time. They are always bad and the effect would be consistent and wide-spread.
7/25/2016 10:45 AM
99% of my responses from Admin have been prompt, polite and positive. I'm always baffled when I read about someone having issues with customer support.
7/30/2016 1:50 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 7/30/2016 1:50:00 AM (view original):
99% of my responses from Admin have been prompt, polite and positive. I'm always baffled when I read about someone having issues with customer support.
Yeah, never had a problem with customer service. Ever. Always polite even though I have to remind them every few days that the regular season stats won't load.
7/30/2016 4:56 AM
When they tell me it is MY job to "figure things out" rather than THEIRS to try to improve their product, I no longer desire to purchase their product. Been with them for 150 seasons and never saw any attempt to make improvements except for those "salary updates." To me that was comparable to "Nero fiddling while Rome burned."
7/30/2016 8:47 AM
Posted by tribe_fan_09 on 7/30/2016 8:47:00 AM (view original):
When they tell me it is MY job to "figure things out" rather than THEIRS to try to improve their product, I no longer desire to purchase their product. Been with them for 150 seasons and never saw any attempt to make improvements except for those "salary updates." To me that was comparable to "Nero fiddling while Rome burned."
No, what they're telling you is that your belief that the fault lies with their algorithm is mistaken. You need to get a better understanding of sample size.
7/30/2016 11:26 AM
Posted on 12/19/2012 by tzentmeyer
SimLeague Baseball owners,
We wanted to chime in today with what will become a weekly post regarding the SimLeague Baseball update. Consider this a "development blog". It'll include an update on where things stand with our re-design, discussion questions and occasional requests to help us beta test portions of the game.
First, an overview of what we're doing...
The SimLeague Baseball game you're playing today was started in 2001 and was written in classic asp and Visual Basic 6.0 and uses SQL Server 2000. It grew and grew and grew over the next 9 years into a mammoth code base in what has become outdated technology. This eventually limited our ability to add new features and make substantial improvements. So, we are rebuilding from the ground up in the latest tools and technology.
Our requirements and design process began in 2010 but was dramatically interrupted when we took on the task of re-building the fantasy experience on FOXSports.com. Once the majority of that was completed, we started back up in March, 2012 and created this forum.

In August, we began development and are now less than two months away from opening up sections of it to some of you in our test environment. Estimated release date on the main site is mid-2013. As we get closer, we'll define an official release date.

Is it safe to say now......... THEY DON'T CARE!
7/30/2016 11:34 AM
150 seasons of shortstops making many more errors than they did in actuality is not a big enough sample size?
7/30/2016 11:48 AM (edited)
12 Next ▸
Does WIS ever "fix" things?IIs .... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.