Pancake scheduling Topic

Posted by pallas on 7/25/2016 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 7/25/2016 1:50:00 PM (view original):
I have heard of cupcake scheduling, creme puff scheduling and even krispy kreme scheduling. what does pancake scheduling mean?
It means you get your choice of fruit topping (always go blueberry) and your choice of side, either bacon or sausage (always go bacon, obviously).
+1 on Blueberry
+100 on Bacon
7/25/2016 2:09 PM
Posted by dacamel14 on 7/25/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):
I have heard of cupcake scheduling, creme puff scheduling and even krispy kreme scheduling. what does pancake scheduling mean?
It means you get your choice of fruit topping (always go blueberry) and your choice of side, either bacon or sausage (always go bacon, obviously).
+1 on Blueberry
+100 on Bacon
Lol, if you take a look at nc state football schedule or Alabama football schedule that is pancake scheduling!
7/25/2016 5:06 PM
The rest of us call that cupcake scheduling, but you do you Ward
7/25/2016 5:22 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/25/2016 5:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacamel14 on 7/25/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):
+1 on Blueberry
+100 on Bacon
Lol, if you take a look at nc state football schedule or Alabama football schedule that is pancake scheduling!
The only thing that NC State and Alabama football have in common is that both teams wear helmets. The similarities stop there really, ha ha!
7/25/2016 5:33 PM
Wardo, I saw that you have the ECU Pirates listed as your favorite team. But if you HAD to pick one of these three basketball teams to cheer for, which one would you pick and why? Ready? Remember only one of the three listed. NC State Wolfpack, UNC Tar Heels, or Duke Blue Devils? And why would you choose them instead of the other two?
7/25/2016 5:37 PM
Now I'm a Duke fan, so **** on Carolina but I was also accepted at NC State so I've always kind of had a soft spot for them too. But Duke's been my team since the early 80's so that's my pick. Who do you choose Wardo?
7/25/2016 5:40 PM
Posted by dcy0827 on 7/25/2016 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Wardo, I saw that you have the ECU Pirates listed as your favorite team. But if you HAD to pick one of these three basketball teams to cheer for, which one would you pick and why? Ready? Remember only one of the three listed. NC State Wolfpack, UNC Tar Heels, or Duke Blue Devils? And why would you choose them instead of the other two?
Unc, because in elementary school we were in the tobacco belt conference. We had to either pick Duke or Unc. I chose unc and always have been a unc fan for basketball. We ran the psycho d or atleast I did when I was playing on the middle school team . Even though I dated a relative Of Coach K I still have alot of respect for Duke.
7/25/2016 9:34 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/25/2016 9:34:00 PM (view original):
Unc, because in elementary school we were in the tobacco belt conference. We had to either pick Duke or Unc. I chose unc and always have been a unc fan for basketball. We ran the psycho d or atleast I did when I was playing on the middle school team . Even though I dated a relative Of Coach K I still have alot of respect for Duke.
If you had to give your middle school self a defensive rating, 0-99, what would you be?
7/25/2016 11:34 PM
The "psycho D"? How, umm, ironic.

It wasn't Coach K's daughter you dated was it? You better be careful, Coach K is not a big man but he's Polish, he's from Chicago, and he graduated from West Point which means he's a tough little dude!!

Caesari had a good question in the post right above mine. Think back to middle school and imagine yourself playing on that middle school team. What would be your ratings for some of the categories in this game? Athleticism? Speed? Rebounding? Defense? Shot Blocking? Low Post? Perimeter? Ball handling? Passing? Stamina? Would you be a 5 star D1 stud?

A few guys that play this game did this little activity for themselves before but I can't find it in the old threads now. Maybe someone else can dig it up.
7/25/2016 11:48 PM (edited)
Posted by dadbod on 7/24/2016 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 7/24/2016 7:55:00 PM (view original):
You schedule the 10 best teams you believe you can beat. Human, sim, top 25, bottom 25, whatever. Road games count more for RPI so scheduling road games always helps.
This is really sound advice. If your team isn't ready to play NT quality teams schedule some sims and win.
Not so black and white--road games that you can win. I schedule mostly home games--better chance of winning. The formula is close to this: Win approx. 6 games against quality teams and you are in the national tournament. 6! A quality team is rpi 1-100. Obviously 6 Ws against 94-99 may not exactly do it, but you get the main idea. Maybe need 5 if they are Top 25 teams.

How many games do you need against Top 100 teams to win 6 of them? You need 12 if you play .500 ball against those teams, etc.

If you don't play enough in conference, you'll need to beat them in OOC play.

Do your conference mates a favor (and they'll do you one) by going 10-0 in OOC play. That way you will all be quality opponents and teams that go 6-10 get to the NT even though none play very hard ooc teams.

Bottom line is you need to win.

But make no mistake RPI is not what you are going for. Quality wins are. There is a difference. HCA helps.
7/25/2016 11:52 PM
Posted by caesari on 7/25/2016 11:34:00 PM (view original):
If you had to give your middle school self a defensive rating, 0-99, what would you be?
We were champions of our conference when (I) played... Funny my old coach from 2k told me that was the school Jeff Lebo son went to and he was the starting center. I injured him in the first minute we had a easy road to victory 81-14 o and that was homecoming night. Then we played them in the conference championship and we came back from 20 to win and I had a 4 point play to end the season.
7/26/2016 12:32 AM
I'm interested in learning more about the "pyscho D". I'm wondering if this should be added to the game. Can't play man to man or too slow to play full court press? Run pyscho D! I"m wondering if this is a version from the championship Piston teams when Chuck Daly was at the helm.
7/26/2016 1:58 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/26/2016 1:58:00 AM (view original):
I'm interested in learning more about the "pyscho D". I'm wondering if this should be added to the game. Can't play man to man or too slow to play full court press? Run pyscho D! I"m wondering if this is a version from the championship Piston teams when Chuck Daly was at the helm.
We ran the 09 version of psycho d of unc!
7/26/2016 2:04 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/26/2016 2:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/26/2016 1:58:00 AM (view original):
We ran the 09 version of psycho d of unc!
But Wardo, wouldn't UNC's 09 version have come AFTER your middle school team? Shouldn't it be more like UNC ran YOUR middle school's version? Maybe you guys should get some credit for helping them win that 09 title!!!
7/26/2016 11:53 AM
I bet you were SCARY on defense Wardo! I sure wouldn't want you checking me, I know that for sure. You just have that "locked up", I mean, "lock down" air about you. You said Lebo's son was a center on the other team but what position did you play? I got you out top running the show playa, PG no doubt!!!
7/26/2016 11:57 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Pancake scheduling Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.