I didn't realize this was possible?! Topic

I had a recruit that wouldn't consider me eat up 10 HC Visits just to tell me that he didn't really think I'd show up and he isn't interested.

I've never had that happen before..usually if they won't consider you they don't accept the HC Visit....is this new?
7/24/2016 11:07 PM
No, it's not new. It tells you in the old FAQ that this is possible and I have had it happen to me a couple of times but it seems to be a very rare occurrence. Usually you'll get your money back, no worries, but sometimes you get stuck with the bill.

Think about it like this, you decide that you're going to fly two states over to visit a kid at his home even though he doesn't have you on his list. You fly over, rent a car, pay for gas, all that good stuff, show up at the kid's Mom and Dad's house and they tell you that they're sorry but he went out with his buddies for the evening. All that money you spent going to visit him? Down the shittah and nada to show for it!!

Like I said, it's exceedingly rare to have it happen but it has (to me) and does (obviously to you) and it's definitely not new. It's seems to happen about as often as when you cut one player off your roster and a second one gets ****** off and leaves as well. Possible but very highly unlikely.

You could send in a ticket and see what CS says, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll refund you some money or something since it was so many HV's. They may just as likely tell you it's a risk you take though. Probably worth a try at least, I guess. I always just took the hit, wrote the money off as lost, and kept on recruiting.
7/25/2016 12:20 AM (edited)
if you sent all 10 HV at once, you increased your risk of this - you diversify your risk if you send them in smaller bunches to guys who are reaches
7/25/2016 3:40 AM
i thought this was silently removed from the game like 5 years ago, interesting
7/26/2016 10:57 AM
This only has happened to me when I tried to recruit players way out of my league.
7/26/2016 11:44 AM
I didn't realize this was possible?! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.